What was done to your rig this week?

WJCO

Meme King
How many miles?

14k. User's Manual said wait until 30k. Fuck that. I've never left an air filter go that long. I just did this for preventative maintenance. This thing's only been on dirt twice and I was surprised that it was this dirty.

JKbrick

I got a custom winch mount made for the stock bumper on TWSTR! Came out super clean and love it! Jeep shop in Fenton, MI called Unlimited Offroad built the mount and I have a Warn VR Evo 8s installed in the mount! Hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend on a Fall Color Tour up north in the mitten here!

View attachment 354725

View attachment 354726

View attachment 354727

View attachment 354728

View attachment 354729

View attachment 354730

View attachment 354732

View attachment 354734

Looks good! I did the same a few years ago:

View attachment 354741

Time to chop the ends!

Doug (WJCO) may remember but I think that dickwrinkle that screwed JKX out of those tires had done a winch mount behind his front bumper. That thread hasn’t been bumped for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Wow, I change my annually, but it never looks that dirty. Good call!

I was just showing my wife this. Even working in automotive, air filters aren't normally this dirty at this mileage interval. I was quite surprised. I have a heavy right foot. Maybe that's part of it :D

Bear_JT

Hooked
Fixed a wheel stud the 4 Wheel Parts near me jacked up when they did my gears. They offered to “Look at it” when I told them about it but I didn’t want them touching it after they did this and on top of that, they replaced one on their own and didn’t tell me anything. Worst part of all is I called corporate and still haven’t heard back from them.

IMG_5961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
Fixed a wheel stud the 4 Wheel Parts near me jacked up when they did my gears. They offered to “Look at it” when I told them about it but I didn’t want them touching it after they did this and on top of that, they replaced one on their own and didn’t tell me anything. Worst part of all is I called corporate and still haven’t heard back from them.

View attachment 354845

If they did this to you wheel studs I'd be worried more about your gears.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
If they did this to you wheel studs I'd be worried more about your gears.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking the same.

Oh believe me, that’s been on my mind. I did open up the diffs and did the fluid change. Everything seems ok from what I can tell. They actually called me when they were working on the rear and told me they couldn’t warranty the rear work because my “bearings had spun inside the housing and worn away material.” They tried to sell me a whole new axle and when I told them I would “think” about it they told me it should be ok and I’d probably never notice it.

WJCO

Meme King
They actually called me when they were working on the rear and told me they couldn’t warranty the rear work because my “bearings had spun inside the housing and worn away material.” They tried to sell me a whole new axle and when I told them I would “think” about it they told me it should be ok and I’d probably never notice it.

Yeah, the axle material will probably just grow back on its own :crazyeyes:

What a bunch of fuckers.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I meant nothing towards you with my post, the winch mount just reminded me of it, and honestly it did because I had just joined in Feb of ‘13 and wanted to do the same thing to put a winch on mine

Haha, the dang was for what a douche that guy was. Nothing else ever crossed my mind [emoji482].

Top Bottom