What was done to your rig this week?

jdofmemi

I will have you know sir they are one step above Harbor Freight jack stands. They are AutoCraft. Lol

That helps. They have extra paint🤣🤣

On a serious note, if you've inspected them, and once the Jeep is on them, shake the shit out of it, in several places and all directions, while watching for any movements, then I feel confident being under it.

The ones that fall I'm convinced if the user had done the above, they either wouldn't fall, or would fall before they are under it.

The bigger the job, the harder it needs tested.

While you are working on it, if you've been prying, hammering, tightening big hardware, etc, always re check it from time to time.

If there is ANYTHING questionable, re do it and check again if it is based on where you contact the stand to the frame. If it's the stand itself, DON'T USE IT.

That is just the opinion of one random internet guy (me),

Jeff, I'm sure you know this is mostly directed at readers, as I'm pretty sure you are doing that.

jesse3638

Hooked
That helps. They have extra paint[emoji1787][emoji1787]

On a serious note, if you've inspected them, and once the Jeep is on them, shake the shit out of it, in several places and all directions, while watching for any movements, then I feel confident being under it.

The ones that fall I'm convinced if the user had done the above, they either wouldn't fall, or would fall before they are under it.

The bigger the job, the harder it needs tested.

While you are working on it, if you've been prying, hammering, tightening big hardware, etc, always re check it from time to time.

If there is ANYTHING questionable, re do it and check again if it is based on where you contact the stand to the frame. If it's the stand itself, DON'T USE IT.

That is just the opinion of one random internet guy (me),

Jeff, I'm sure you know this is mostly directed at readers, as I'm pretty sure you are doing that.
I always do this. Preferably before I remove the wheels..haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
While it hasn't been done to the jeep yet I went and visited a couple local shops today.

First it was my driveline shop for a new 1350 front. He's going to put together something he'd put under his rig. As he described it, it'll be overkill..haha. With the pandemic going on his business has gone crazy due to people having extra down time so the lead time is about 2 weeks. Should cost about $700 or so which I figured is about thd same or a little cheaper than some off the shelf companies.

After that I went to my local differential guy. Judging by his backyard shop he may know a thing or two about gears. I'll snap some pics when i go back so you can see what im talking about.. He's been in business about 40 years and has an awesome shop. I'm heading back over there tomorrow to set everything up. He may cost a couple hundred more than some other shops but I'm happy to support local businesses. So hopefully in about a week or so I should have my rear regeard to match the front.

If all goes well I'll be back in business before Halloween.

Once Bubba gets back to me I'll get on board air and switches for the front locker.

Elroy231

While it hasn't been done to the jeep yet I went and visited a couple local shops today.

First it was my driveline shop for a new 1350 front. He's going to put together something he'd put under his rig. As he described it, it'll be overkill..haha. With the pandemic going on his business has gone crazy due to people having extra down time so the lead time is about 2 weeks. Should cost about $700 or so which I figured is about thd same or a little cheaper than some off the shelf companies.

After that I went to my local differential guy. Judging by his backyard shop he may know a thing or two about gears. I'll snap some pics when i go back so you can see what im talking about.. He's been in business about 40 years and has an awesome shop. I'm heading back over there tomorrow to set everything up. He may cost a couple hundred more than some other shops but I'm happy to support local businesses. So hopefully in about a week or so I should have my rear regeard to match the front.

Once Bubba gets back to me I'll get on board air and switches for the front locker.

Sounds like your getting your ducks in a row. Always cool to go to a new shop and look around and what you see lets you know your in good hands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Sounds good Jesse

When you get it all done, we will have to go out and play somewhere. It's been a while.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sounds like your getting your ducks in a row. Always cool to go to a new shop and look around and what you see lets you know your in good hands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah definitely. I could probably spend the whole day watching him work on it too.
Sounds good Jesse

When you get it all done, we will have to go out and play somewhere. It's been a while.
Definitely. A good shake down run will be in order.

dillard09

Sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see that driveshaft.
Also Bubba has been in the Baja for the last week. He should be back this week towards the end. Give him some time and I'm sure he will get to you.

WxNerd2015

I got a custom winch mount made for the stock bumper on TWSTR! Came out super clean and love it! Jeep shop in Fenton, MI called Unlimited Offroad built the mount and I have a Warn VR Evo 8s installed in the mount! Hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend on a Fall Color Tour up north in the mitten here!

received_1012664765916967.jpg

20201021_115852.jpg

20201021_115902.jpg

20201021_121748.jpg

20201021_115914.jpg

20201021_115923.jpg

20201021_121756.jpg

20201021_120007.jpg

I got a custom winch mount made for the stock bumper on TWSTR! Came out super clean and love it! Jeep shop in Fenton, MI called Unlimited Offroad built the mount and I have a Warn VR Evo 8s installed in the mount! Hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend on a Fall Color Tour up north in the mitten here!

View attachment 354725

View attachment 354726

View attachment 354727

View attachment 354728

View attachment 354729

View attachment 354730

View attachment 354732

View attachment 354734

Pre tension that line before you go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked

View attachment 354725

View attachment 354726

View attachment 354727

View attachment 354728

View attachment 354729

View attachment 354730

View attachment 354732

View attachment 354734

Is it mounted upside down?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Looks good! I did the same a few years ago:

IMG_2513.JPG

Time to chop the ends!

Top Bottom