What did Brown Santa show up with today..

duktrx

I finally decided to upgrade to a big brake kit on all four corners. I was going to go with the Dynatrac solution, but I discovered two of my calipers are leaking, and the other two would need at least a thorough cleaning and new pins, as they have uneven pad wear.

I figured by the time I bought new calibers with front and rear Dynatrac BB kits, I would have spent more than the PowerStop BBK.
20230518_182224.jpg

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I love my Synergy stuff on my JKU but for $500, I had to jump on the SteerSmarts Tie rod and drag link for my JT. 18B8B6B3-2A92-4916-B2C4-B7B66796D4CE.jpeg

JimLee

Hooked
Been wanting one of these crates to show up for years! Finally today was the day! View attachment 392422 View attachment 392423
Right on, I am loving my XD 60's.
Been wanting one of these crates to show up for years! Finally today was the day! View attachment 392422 View attachment 392423
Lugnuts. I actually found it to be one of my biggest issues when I went to XD60's. Dynatrac uses long ass studs. Your wheel choice will effect this as well. I have a whole box of Gorilla 1.9" lug nuts I though would work, but my beadlocks are dished out pretty good at the lug holes and the Dynatrac studs were popping the end caps off of some ones I used to test fitment. I had a hell of a time finding lug nuts (non splined, I hate that garbage) over 2" long for mine. If you think the Gorillas would work for you hit me up, we can work something out. You are going to have to measure the width of the wheels you are using versus the studs to figure out what length you need to make it easier. I almost ended up going with open ended NASCAR type lug nuts at one point. Also keep in mind that whatever tire carrier you use, if any and if it'll hold an 8 lug, will now have different thread than your wheels so keep a few factory lug nuts.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Years? When was your order date?

Ordered May 26, and they were delivered before the estimated date I got when the order was placed. A+! They have just been on the wishlist for years!

Lugnuts. I actually found it to be one of my biggest issues when I went to XD60's. Dynatrac uses long ass studs. Your wheel choice will effect this as well. I have a whole box of Gorilla 1.9" lug nuts I though would work, but my beadlocks are dished out pretty good at the lug holes and the Dynatrac studs were popping the end caps off of some ones I used to test fitment. I had a hell of a time finding lug nuts (non splined, I hate that garbage) over 2" long for mine. If you think the Gorillas would work for you hit me up, we can work something out. You are going to have to measure the width of the wheels you are using versus the studs to figure out what length you need to make it easier. I almost ended up going with open ended NASCAR type lug nuts at one point. Also keep in mind that whatever tire carrier you use, if any and if it'll hold an 8 lug, will now have different thread than your wheels so keep a few factory lug nuts.
Thanks for the info! I actually have been doing some searching for the last couple days trying to figure out what's best. I have splined lug nuts now and don't like them either so I want to go back to a regular hex. I gambled and ordered 40 9/16-18, 1.9" 3/4 hex lug nuts thinking I would need a few extra for the spare, but I guess I need to open that thing up too and check now. I didn't even think about it being the factory lug thread but that makes sense. It was difficult to find any lug nuts that were longer like you mentioned. Hopefully they work and thank you for the offer! If they don't I'll have to buy the expensive McGard 2.5" lug nuts, but they are 7/8 and the socket might not fit between the wheel and the lug nut.. It's always something!

Breer

Caught the Bug

Well... Turned out to have the same issue. The 1.9" lug nuts will not work with my wheels either. Off to find something else!

Top Bottom