What did Brown Santa show up with today..

kevman65

Hooked
Well... Turned out to have the same issue. The 1.9" lug nuts will not work with my wheels either. Off to find something else!
If you have, or know someone that has, a portable band saw, just trim your lug studs. Buy a regular nut same thread size and pitch, run it on stud, cut stud to desired length, run nut off to clean the end. Repeat and rinse.

You're probably looking at 1/4" you're cutting off, not going to hurt a thing.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have, or know someone that has, a portable band saw, just trim your lug studs. Buy a regular nut same thread size and pitch, run it on stud, cut stud to desired length, run nut off to clean the end. Repeat and rinse.

You're probably looking at 1/4" you're cutting off, not going to hurt a thing.
The first thing I want to do when I spend $15k on axles is ale a band saw to it instead of just getting the correct lug nuts. Totally.

kevman65

Hooked
The first thing I want to do when I spend $15k on axles is ale a band saw to it instead of just getting the correct lug nuts. Totally.
Well, when the correct lug nuts are near impossible to find, you adapt.

Just like paying $15,000 + for same axles and having all the brackets cut off and new ones welded on for whatever lift one chooses.
You have to modify things to accept your choices.

Like cutting a 1/4" to 1/2" off threaded steel round bar is going to matter.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well, when the correct lug nuts are near impossible to find, you adapt.

Just like paying $15,000 + for same axles and having all the brackets cut off and new ones welded on for whatever lift one chooses.
You have to modify things to accept your choices.

Like cutting a 1/4" to 1/2" off threaded steel round bar is going to matter.
Actually you can order your axles with the correct brackets. The lug nuts are not impossible to find. You just can’t get them overnight from Amazon like people want.

JimLee

Hooked
Well... Turned out to have the same issue. The 1.9" lug nuts will not work with my wheels either. Off to find something else!
Well bummer man, sorry to hear that. I found some non splined taper lug nuts, they are not acorns but straight tapers, but my wheels have a good tapered surface and they are holding just fine. Remember you are lug centric now, so finding the right lug nut along with the proper torque/ sequence of torque is crucial to having any kind of balance. Check out Mcguard, I thing they've got some 2.1s that aren't splined, but if I remember correctly they are only in chrome.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Well bummer man, sorry to hear that. I found some non splined taper lug nuts, they are not acorns but straight tapers, but my wheels have a good tapered surface and they are holding just fine. Remember you are lug centric now, so finding the right lug nut along with the proper torque/ sequence of torque is crucial to having any kind of balance. Check out Mcguard, I thing they've got some 2.1s that aren't splined, but if I remember correctly they are only in chrome.
Appreciate the help! I looked at the McGard lug nuts, just the 7/8 socket does not fit well on my wheel. I mean I guess it fits but it's just going to jack up the powder coat which wouldn't look cool at the mall... 🤣
Actually you can order your axles with the correct brackets. The lug nuts are not impossible to find. You just can’t get them overnight from Amazon like people want.
Oh how I miss next and same day Amazon prime... I'm over here in the stone ages with 2 day still.. 😭

Attachments

• IMG_20230723_064543.jpg
    IMG_20230723_064543.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9

Breer

Caught the Bug
Those are the ones I bought.

Thanks for the help guys. 🍻

PXL_20230726_124222515.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
Got some stainless steel buttonheads coming to replace the corroded bolts on my DT1's.
Finally got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. 125 buttonheads for $45 plus shipping.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I got this duo in before I head out to the trails and mountains tomorrow. I figured my factory jack was useless now especially with 38’s mounted up. Thanks for having these US Jack’s listed on your Amazon store Eddie. The quality is very apparent. The Bottle Jack Buddy is pretty bad ass too with a better powder coat than I’ve seen on lots of things. IMG_7950.jpeg

Top Bottom