WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2012

BONDSY

I'm not able to make it for this, I do have the hopes of running it this year in the next month or two.

Mechengineer2

We should be able to make it. We will confirm for sure tomorrow after I make sure I can get the time off. I have six weeks built up so it should not be a problem.

The drive out from Colorado to South Lake Tahoe in CA is one of the best parts. Awesome scenery. Enjoy it! We took I-80 and stopped at the Salt Flats in Utah. Checked out the Bonneville Speedway where they set the land speed records. Would also suggest a few days to explore Lake Tahoe after running the trail if you've never been to the area.

The Rubicon truly is a fantastic experience and running it with Project JK is one of the best ways to live it up. I can't thank Eddie enough.

FYI ... I would suggest some rock lights if you don't already have them as is common to still be running the trail after dark. Being able to see tire placement after sunset was a huge help.

Oh and bring a big stick ...

IMG_1386.jpg

... and some good drinks!

2J0Q9871.jpg

... and a lot of flex!

IMG_1355.jpg

Cheers!

ZERO LIMITZ

YOUR KILLING ME!!! We are going on vacation that week, we will be in Port Aransas, TX for 2 weeks, for the 4th of July... I have dreamed of being able to run the Rubicon, and the opportunity comes just a little to late.... Hopefully will make it at a later date, y'all enjoy I'll definitely be watching for video......

mituk

Although I and my jeep are ready to "... deal with whatever may come your way" it will not happen this time.
Last week of June will be my last week in my current job. After that ... I could come anytime :)

I will catch with you later and will arrange to be in Lake Tahoe sometime during first two weeks of July.

Good luck on the Rubicon and have a "nice driveway". Beep, beep ...

DManuel

Man, we'd really love to do this with you guys but dint think we can get that week off. Can't wait for all the great pics and stories. Hope we can join the next one! Safe travels everyone!

blazer

Caught the Bug
Bummer, can't make it, will be exploring up along 395 that week. What a great time 2 years
ago on the Rubicon with the group. And...I have the Rubicon to thank for allowing me to get
a new Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Unlimited up front after the run! Will miss the trail and friends.
Have fun and honey.

MTG

Caught the Bug
mituk said:
Although I and my jeep are ready to "... deal with whatever may come your way" it will not happen this time.
Last week of June will be my last week in my current job. After that ... I could come anytime :)

I will catch with you later and will arrange to be in Lake Tahoe sometime during first two weeks of July.

Good luck on the Rubicon and have a "nice driveway". Beep, beep ...

When you are up in Tahoe be sure to PM me.

Nice driveway!

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Eddie, thanks for doing these and opening up to new faces. Rubicon was one of my must dos this year. And doing it with the project JK family is a must.
It's the one week of the summer that just won't work on my end so we can't make this one.:grayno:

I know it will be another epic adventure and can't wait to see the pics. All that go enjoy:yup: Hope another run happens later and we will be there.
Et

Prime8

mmccurdy said:
Well shit if Jeff can make it all the way from Chicago, I'm pretty sure I can make the trek from San Jose... ;)

Who lives in Chicago...? That's my neck of the woods. Love to meet some jk-ers in the area...

Honey Badger

mmccurdy said:
Well shit if Jeff can make it all the way from Chicago, I'm pretty sure I can make the trek from San Jose... ;)
Nice, this is going to be a good time.
Prime8 said:
Who lives in Chicago...? That's my neck of the woods. Love to meet some jk-ers in the area...

I sort of live in Chicago. I'm here for work but the JK is in Cali.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who can't make it, I hope that you'll be able to join us on other runs coming up this year and with any luck, will be able to join us on the Rubicon next year.

Lol, I'll definitely be there hopefully the jeep holds out for me. I'm going to need you to remind me....nothing stupid!

LOL!! indeeded, this is definitely a nothing stupid run :cool:

We should be able to make it. We will confirm for sure tomorrow after I make sure I can get the time off. I have six weeks built up so it should not be a problem.

cool - just let us know.

In if there is room

no way!! you bet and i'm so glad to hear it!! looking forward to seeing you soon :)

awesome!! glad you can make it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well, i am sorry that some of you can't make it due to our minimum requirements. i hope you can be understanding of the fact that we do this to help keep things moving along on trail that can be challenging enough to do totally built up.

Top Bottom