The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks great! I'm a huge fan of the black as opposed to color matched. I think it makes the cage disappear and look more OEM.

It also helps to spray black the part of the dash that sticks out to the exterior of the side supports.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Looks great! I'm a huge fan of the black as opposed to color matched. I think it makes the cage disappear and look more OEM.

It also helps to spray black the part of the dash that sticks out to the exterior of the side supports.

I had the same thought that Sharkey did. Looks factory, & looks great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I see someone smiling LOL!! Great job :thumb:

BTW, how come you don't have a sound bar? :thinking:

JeepFan

Hooked
looks good man!

Thanks!

Well done T. Looks great[emoji106]

Thanks pal!

I agree! I brought an interior trim piece to the powder coating folks and they matched the color pretty close with a 20% gloss black. No glare in the sun too.

I had the same thought that Sharkey did. Looks factory, & looks great!

Thanks!

I see someone smiling LOL!! Great job :thumb:

BTW, how come you don't have a sound bar? :thinking:

Lol! I just noticed that. How funny. The pic was taken before I reinstalled the sound bar.

He photo bombed his own photo! :p

Lol. Too funny!

Ddays

Hooked
Really nice! And I concur regarding the black. This was gonna be my next upgrade but I got all google eyed over a hood today :rolleyes2:

JAGS

Hooked
Looks great tony. I'm curious to hear your feedback after driving it a bit. I seemed to notice the body tighten up a bit and feel more solid. In any case, you'll enjoy knowing you have that extra bit of security just in case. [emoji41][emoji106]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks great tony. I'm curious to hear your feedback after driving it a bit. I seemed to notice the body tighten up a bit and feel more solid. In any case, you'll enjoy knowing you have that extra bit of security just in case. [emoji41][emoji106]

Yup I totally agree! The jeep felt more solid driving down the road.

JeepFan

Hooked
Wow. Looks great.

Looks great!

Really nice! And I concur regarding the black. This was gonna be my next upgrade but I got all google eyed over a hood today :rolleyes2:

Looks great!!! The color is awesome!! I can't believe how clean your jeep is. I haven't had time since the Rubicon run to touch the inside.

Came out awesome Tony!!!

Black really looks good. Great job. You are on a roll what is next?

Yup I totally agree! The jeep felt more solid driving down the road.

Thanks Everyone!!

Ddays: LOL!! I think you would love the RockHard Cage. The fact that I have something solid to grab onto to get into the Jeep made it totally worth it for me and Gemhunter.

Aspenkid: Hahaha! Glad you like the color. It was an easy decision to go with 20% Gloss black. Like Sharkey mentioned, the cage really blends in with the interior. If you only knew how many hours I put into cleaning the Jeep, you would think I'm crazy. :crazyeyes:

JAGS: Since you mentioned it, I do believe the Jeep seems a little more solid and yes, it's nice having that extra peace of mind...just in case. ;)

BitBucket: LOL!! Funny that you mention that...Steph and I were having that discussion about "what should we do next" yesterday. When I brought up the subject of axles and suspension, she told me to go wash the Jeep again! :cheesy: End of discussion...for now. ;)

Cozdude: I wonder if adding 100lbs of steel to the body tub helps absorb road noise and vibration while driving. This might be why it feels more solid. :thinking:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cozdude: I wonder if adding 100lbs of steel to the body tub helps absorb road noise and vibration while driving. This might be why it feels more solid. :thinking:
Yea that would make sense and adding an extra tie in spot as well to the stock roll cage helps as well I'm sure

Top Bottom