The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

JeepFan

Hooked
Fixed annoying weld slag rattle in lower RockHard Cage! Drilled a 5/16" hole in the tube end and out came several tiny pieces of weld. [emoji6]

IMG_20161122_120723.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Fixed annoying weld slag rattle in lower RockHard Cage! Drilled a 5/16" hole in the tube end and out came several tiny pieces of weld. [emoji6]

Wow. Now that is OCD ! Awesome to hear you took the time to fix it. :thumb:

JeepFan

Hooked
So crafty. Were you able to just remove the crossbar?

I'm just getting used to my pebble sound though. Lol.
Had to completely remove it. If you decide to do this on your Jeep, make sure you loosen the top bar clamp bolts on both sides. The top bar pinches the windshield frame when the clamps are tightened causing the bolt holes to no longer line up correctly. Loosening the bolts will make it much easier to remove and reinstall the upright bar bolts that go into the upper windshield frame. I learned the hard way and cross threaded one of the bolts. Luckily I was able to clean up the threads with a tap. PITA!!

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Had to completely remove it. If you decide to do this on your Jeep, make sure you loosen the top bar clamp bolts on both sides. The top bar pinches the windshield frame when the clamps are tightened causing the bolt holes to no longer line up correctly. Loosening the bolts will make it much easier to remove and reinstall the upright bar bolts that go into the upper windshield frame. I learned the hard way and cross threaded one of the bolts. Luckily I was able to clean up the threads with a tap. PITA!!

Well, looks like another bullet for the list of projects I have waiting for you. Lol.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So how shortly after the trip were both vehicles cleaned so that you can eat off of them?

lol great pics of both jeeps out running around!

Top Bottom