The building of "StormTrooper"

Yea you only needed to cut 2.5" off if you had a 2 door. Since you have a 4 it isn't needed. Maybe this is your issue as to why it hangs down

Sent from my iPhone

Apparently the directions needed to be a bit more clear. If I did not cut 2.5" the rear hanger would not line up at all

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mine hangs down a bit too. Well at least it did until I smashed it flat. :yup:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Seanb33; just use the 20"er on the front bumper and buy some pods for the rear. Even knockoff ones work terrific, Lord knows there's a plethora of them on the market these days.

Seanb33; just use the 20"er on the front bumper and buy some pods for the rear. Even knockoff ones work terrific, Lord knows there's a plethora of them on the market these days.

I have pods attached to my a pillar that I was thinking about relocating to the rear if I decide to mount the 20" on my bumper. We'll see though

HILLZ

in cab OBA

Whats the compressor been like in the way of noise in the cab when using?
i know that it wouldn't bother you as your not in the cab when airing up but what about with passengers? :thinking:

Whats the compressor been like in the way of noise in the cab when using?
i know that it wouldn't bother you as your not in the cab when airing up but what about with passengers? :thinking:

It's not installed yet, but I hope to knock it out this weekend. I'm not too concerned with noise as, like you mentioned, I will more than likely be out of the jeep when airing up at the end of the day. When I upgrade to some ARB air lockers, I will probably purchase a single compressor to run the lockers if it ends up being too loud in the cab with the dual compressor

For those of you running the 4 LED pods like the rigid industries as back up lights on the rear frame rail, what pattern did you choose? I'm torn between diffused and flood pattern

HILLZ

For those of you running the 4 LED pods like the rigid industries as back up lights on the rear frame rail, what pattern did you choose? I'm torn between diffused and flood pattern

this would depend on want you want in the way of light and over what area, diffused will work well for lighting up the immediate area behind you and flood will give good clear light with plenty of width and a bit more distance.
hope that helps

this would depend on want you want in the way of light and over what area, diffused will work well for lighting up the immediate area behind you and flood will give good clear light with plenty of width and a bit more distance.
hope that helps

That does help. if it were you, which would you prefer? I plan to use them as reverse lights and to show my position to people following behind in dusty areas

HILLZ

That does help. if it were you, which would you prefer? I plan to use them as reverse lights and to show my position to people following behind in dusty areas

ummmm maybe the diffused, hopefully someone else will chime in that has some pro's and con's for each setup

ummmm maybe the diffused, hopefully someone else will chime in that has some pro's and con's for each setup

I see many including Eddie running what looks like flood. Thank you for the help, I will wait for others opinion as well

HILLZ

I see many including Eddie running what looks like flood. Thank you for the help, I will wait for others opinion as well

was gonna say see what Eddie reckons he seems to know a little about alot of stuff or was it alot about a little stuff :thinking: :cheesy:

Got an antennax offroad 13" antenna off of amazon the other day. Showed up and installed it. Cheap mod but looks great IMO
6ehy4e5u.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am running floods out back, just need to take the time to adjust them, right now they are aimed down and out which works but think I could do better. I mounted myne on the carrier tho not the frame rail.

I am running floods out back, just need to take the time to adjust them, right now they are aimed down and out which works but think I could do better. I mounted myne on the carrier tho not the frame rail.

So you would say floods are the way to go? Are they too bright for back up lights in that they will blind somebody if I'm using them or if aimed properly, they'll be good? I really plan to use them as a point of reference in dusty conditions but will need reverse lights as well

Top Bottom