The building of "StormTrooper"

Received my 3/4" warn D-ring that was also ordered off amazon. They only had one in stock at the time so I will have to purchase another when the time comes. What's everybody using to keep the d ring from moving side to side in the hole?
ebusy6et.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So you would say floods are the way to go? Are they too bright for back up lights in that they will blind somebody if I'm using them or if aimed properly, they'll be good? I really plan to use them as a point of reference in dusty conditions but will need reverse lights as well
I would say so. How I have my set angled I don't think they would blind anyone but I may be wrong. I think I have a pic of them on my phone. I had the same plan for you and also already had the lights up on my hood where the flood was kind of pointless.
Hmm... That will be an interesting conversation at Home Depot! Will that be 2 ball cock washers per d ring?
correct 2 per ring, I tried to grab some where I work, but sadly we stock just about everything but those. Funnier slang name for one thing we stock here is a "cock hole cover"

Attachments

• image-766801239.jpg
    image-766801239.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
I would say so. How I have my set angled I don't think they would blind anyone but I may be wrong. I think I have a pic of them on my phone. I had the same plan for you and also already had the lights up on my hood where the flood was kind of pointless. correct 2 per ring, I tried to grab some where I work, but sadly we stock just about everything but those. Funnier slang name for one thing we stock here is a "cock hole cover"

Cool, thanks for the help! I have driving beam pods on my A-pillar, will those be better for the reverse lights and I can place a couple of spot patterns on the A-pillar?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
ill try and take some pics tonight for you if it doesn't start raining again and I can maybe try and adjust these lights better so you can see how they look.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Didn't change how I aimed them yet, but here you go.

Attachments

• image-2302833571.jpg
    image-2302833571.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 314
  • image-2860248404.jpg
    image-2860248404.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 315
Those seem to work well but not blinding at all! Thank you very much for the pictures. I may move my driving pattern lights to the rear and find some spots for my windshield. I think that'll work better. Thank you for your help

Chopping up the frame a little bit to flush mount the EVO d-ring mounts
y3egudun.jpg

All welded and cleaned up
ypygasu8.jpg

And the finished product
tave2ate.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks good Sean! Did you have to cut away at the welds at all? I know all the frames are a little different but still curious.

Sent from my iPhone

With a big thanks to Irishjk, I got myself a barely used rubicon 44 to build and run 37's with I know most on the forum will advice against this approach but I admittedly don't wheel as hard as most and don't think I'll need a prorock. But if the time comes, I will just transfer over the internals into a prorock housing. Quick question: will the 35 spline ARB locker work with a rubicon44 and a prorock housing? I'd assume they're the same size but just want to make sure.
uhetyrem.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
With a big thanks to Irishjk, I got myself a barely used rubicon 44 to build and run 37's with I know most on the forum will advice against this approach but I admittedly don't wheel as hard as most and don't think I'll need a prorock.

Nice pick up. :thumb: FYI--your Dana 44 axle will not spontaneously explode when you install 37s. ;)

Nice pick up. :thumb: FYI--your Dana 44 axle will not spontaneously explode when you install 37s. ;)

I sure hope not! With the help of a friend of my dad's, the welding costs will be low and should save me quite a bit of money at the end of the day. Can't wait till my 35" toyos wear down

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Dude, you don't even know how Jelly I am right now... :grayno:

LOL but seriously, I really want a D44 for the front :( I think if you trussed, gusseted, and armored it up it'd take quite the beating even with 37s...maybe sleeve it just to be extra procautionary. If anything, just look for hte lightest 37s you can find :cheesy:

Dude, you don't even know how Jelly I am right now... :grayno:

LOL but seriously, I really want a D44 for the front :( I think if you trussed, gusseted, and armored it up it'd take quite the beating even with 37s...maybe sleeve it just to be extra procautionary. If anything, just look for hte lightest 37s you can find :cheesy:

The plan is as follows:

-35 spline ARB locker (maybe)
-35 spline chromo shafts
-artec armor (truss, lca skids, track bar mount, c-gussets)
-nitro sleeves
-synergy ball joints
-5.13 gears
-Reid knuckles (maybe)

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
The plan is as follows:

-35 spline ARB locker (maybe)
-35 spline chromo shafts
-artec armor (truss, lca skids, track bar mount, c-gussets)
-nitro sleeves
-synergy ball joints
-5.13 gears
-Reid knuckles (maybe)

I don't think you should have any problems with this set up :thumb:

Top Bottom