Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

jesse3638

Hooked
That's pretty cool. Glad you got it working. Looks like you got some pretty good smoke in there. I was going to ask the same thing Sharkey did. Thanks for the info. I was thinking a stick burner would be something fun to mess around with but I just don't have that kind of time to dedicate to cooking. The set it and forget it of my camp chef wifi pellet smoker is so convenient. Like you though I get into hobbies, especially building things. Like the jeep it's seems it's not not just about the end result. It's the process of getting there..haha.

Brute

Hooked
Excited to see how that turns out... I've never considered doing a whole pig. Only time I've ever seen it was in Hawaii, but only got to see them dig it up and serve it.
Small suckling pig on a rotisserie is yum…we don’t do large whole pigs in the imu in Hawaii anymore…just a couple hundred lbs of shoulders these days…

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's pretty cool. How long does something like that take? And what temp?
No idea. It’s been on about three hours and I’m about 160 in the ham and 145 in the shoulder. It’s been running about 275 at the grate. Thermometer has said it’s been at 250 on the low and 300 on the high but I’m not sure how accurate that is. I doubt it’s swinging that much.

Top Bottom