Show off your tents

TrailHunter

Hooked
Been using the Gazelle 3 person for a while now.

Nice! I've had my eye on that tent for a while... The setup times and the open skylight (while being able to close the windows) seems really cool. But it looks huge when packed... I think I'd be annoyed trying to fit it in the Jeep.

black pearl

Hooked
Nice! I've had my eye on that tent for a while... The setup times and the open skylight (while being able to close the windows) seems really cool. But it looks huge when packed... I think I'd be annoyed trying to fit it in the Jeep.
So it seems, you were right. In the last part of this statement 🤣

TrailHunter

Hooked
So it seems, you were right. In the last part of this statement 🤣

Ha..Thats funny... I pretty much knew and got it for solo trips.. but I like it so much I want to use it all the time. Now I’m looking for a good 6 man tent.. something really spacious for all of us. So I’ll have a quick but bulky 3-4 man tent, a compact but roomy 4 man tent and a very spacious somewhat compact 6 man tent... I like options! 😁

black pearl

Hooked
Ha..Thats funny... I pretty much knew and got it for solo trips.. but I like it so much I want to use it all the time. Now I’m looking for a good 6 man tent.. something really spacious for all of us. So I’ll have a quick but bulky 3-4 man tent, a compact but roomy 4 man tent and a very spacious somewhat compact 6 man tent... I like options! 😁
I get it. I have six tents myself. I found this one. It was inexpensive and has done really well on several trips. Plus it’s compact for it’s size. Packed it’s about 9”x9”x24”

Attachments

• 3B8F7D82-9D8C-4C2C-A4E3-07AAFAF9827D.jpeg
    3B8F7D82-9D8C-4C2C-A4E3-07AAFAF9827D.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 7

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’ve been looking for a good quality standing height double wall tent for a while. Nemo just released the “Highrise” so I snagged one. This is the 6p version. I’m 6’2” and there’s 3-4” above my head in the center. Vertical side walls increase space as well. Hopefully it performs well when we get back out this summer.
8DD2447F-7F3A-43E9-B6DF-16171A67AB4B.jpeg
9FC02EFB-FB04-4680-89C0-8E06DF7F049E.jpeg

TrailHunter

Hooked
After hours of research to find a better family tent that checked all the boxes... I decided on the REI Basecamp 6. It has plenty of room for the 4 of us, privacy with the fly off, decent venting, vestibules for gear, can handle shitty weather, packs small enough to fit in the Jeep, is built well... and I'm sure the wife and I can set it up in 10-15 min.

3FB2CB7E-8C3F-4FA6-8B44-3C4054C9BD48.jpeg

jesse3638

Hooked
After hours of research to find a better family tent that checked all the boxes... I decided on the REI Basecamp 6. It has plenty of room for the 4 of us, privacy with the fly off, decent venting, vestibules for gear, can handle shitty weather, packs small enough to fit in the Jeep, is built well... and I'm sure the wife and I can set it up in 10-15 min.

View attachment 375031
You really can't go wrong with REI tents. I have 3 of them. A 1 person quarter dome, the 2 person half dome, and i think its a 4 person base camp. I've spent 100's on nights in the half dome and it's perfect. Keeps you dry in the harshest of down pours too. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Top Bottom