Show off your tents

JKbrick

I did NOLS’s wilderness first responder course a few years back. 12 hr days 10 days straight of classroom and mock rescue/assessment training. Still one of the best things I’ve done to date to keep me and others around me safe. Well worth the time if you can swing it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

NOLS sounds right up my alley in my younger days,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Yes... self inflating foam to a point, then you use a manual bag pump to fill the rest... it's 3.9" thick.. R9 insulating value and not to big when packed. They are very comfortable.

Best mat I’ve ever used, hands down. I’m a big dude and most mats, even inflated with a real pump, suck. That said, the little bag pump that came with mine was kind of a pain. I top it off it with a compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks...I'm been thinking about replacing the thermarests I have in the trailer...I'm going to check them out

Jsouder53

Hooked
You are a NOLS grad? I am as well, but not a three month course. I did a 14 day course out of Lander that took me up into the Cirque of the Towers. NOLS has some great programs. My brother did a three month course and then worked as an instructor for a semester.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am, I did a fall semester in the Rockies. Cirque of the Towers and the Wind River Range is such an amazing place, I need to go back there for another trip. That’s awesome that you and your brother also took courses there! Such a small world.

That went over my head the first time.. I had to google NOLS.. Very cool accomplishment... sounds like a great experience.

It was an amazing experience, at times I wanted to get out anyway possible lol

I did NOLS’s wilderness first responder course a few years back. 12 hr days 10 days straight of classroom and mock rescue/assessment training. Still one of the best things I’ve done to date to keep me and others around me safe. Well worth the time if you can swing it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I wish I took a first responders course. That would be great to have

wjtstudios

Hooked
I wish I took a first responders course. That would be great to have

From my daughter who thinks she is Jason Borne, to a number of bad car accidents that I have been first on scene with, that knowledge and preparedness has really paid off.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute look into the Helinox cot. It’s what I keep on me. Takes up very little room which is a big driving factor for me. When paired with a thermarest or thin foam pad it makes for a decent nights sleep.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I am, I did a fall semester in the Rockies. Cirque of the Towers and the Wind River Range is such an amazing place, I need to go back there for another trip.

I went back on my own a few times after that but it has now been a few decades. The Towers and the Range are amazing for sure.

I highly recommend NOLS to anyone who wants to learn more about backcountry travel.

Jsouder53

Hooked
From my daughter who thinks she is Jason Borne, to a number of bad car accidents that I have been first on scene with, that knowledge and preparedness has really paid off.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m glad to hear that it has paid off, maybe I’ll look into it in the future.

I went back on my own a few times after that but it has now been a few decades. The Towers and the Range are amazing for sure.

I highly recommend NOLS to anyone who wants to learn more about backcountry travel.

I would highly recommend NOLS as well. Certainly the experience of a lifetime.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I did a lot of First responder wilderness training at my college. But honestly I think the worse part of all my training was, The Gales Storm Gathering, now Lake Superior will beat the living hell out of you over a long weekend of training!

But yeah all of it has helped me and others over the years, so well worth learning. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Albatross

if you are away from home only one night...
38567934iv.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Brute look into the Helinox cot. It’s what I keep on me. Takes up very little room which is a big driving factor for me. When paired with a thermarest or thin foam pad it makes for a decent nights sleep.

When I’m camping on the trail, I have a one person tent cot I carry...and put a thermarest in that. I was looking to place a pair of comfortable pads into my Xventure trailer that might be more comfortable than the thermarests...and they would be fully inflated all the time. My wife complained about her back last time I took her out (the once in a year trip for her)...I slept like a log

Brute

Hooked
On the Dusy

Attachments

• AAA5095B-C517-49D3-9783-CA163BB941B5.jpg
    AAA5095B-C517-49D3-9783-CA163BB941B5.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 105
  • FDC68E91-90EF-4D77-B148-58830D743C3E.jpg
    FDC68E91-90EF-4D77-B148-58830D743C3E.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom