Show off your tents

Fireside

been looking into these cot tents lately so wondering how you like it ? pro's / cons's .... saw a guy when I was out in death valley with one and got rather interested in em only everything I have come across is a double while the one he had was a single

It's comfortable for the three of us, but the frame doesn't fold up very small. I strap it to my receiver hitch platform along with the chairs.
IMG_0067.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
It's comfortable for the three of us, but the frame doesn't fold up very small. I strap it to my receiver hitch platform along with the chairs.
View attachment 260776

thanks ... yea everything ive seen on em folded down is kindy bulky but i can always put it up on the roof rack if need be .. just been lookin at options to get myself up off the ground a bit when im out... besides a air mattress which i have an dont really use as its a pain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Midnsped

IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0391.JPG

I use an REI Base Camp 6. It has plenty if room for the four of us and two small dogs. Plus it's REI, so good quality and a good price, especially if you hit one of their sales or garage sales.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oz fry

I have the blackwolf turbo tent. Heaps of room & fast to put up & pack away.

Being full canvas it's a little bulky when pack up but it still fitted in the rear of my old 2door with camping gear inc a 40L engel fridge.
Not sure if anyone sells it over there, here is a link to the Aussie website.

http://www.blackwolf.com.au/product/Turbo-Plus-240/76/category/37

photo from last year

3fb95ea087357acee12322298275ab3f.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Picked up a couple 30” Exbed Mega Mats for the tent... Much better than the crap foam pad I was using.. Well worth the dough.

IMG_3404.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Best mat I’ve ever used, hands down. I’m a big dude and most mats, even inflated with a real pump, suck. That said, the little bag pump that came with mine was kind of a pain. I top it off it with a compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’ve been using the Black Diamond Megamid tent for years. Super lightweight with just one pole, perfect for backpacking. You don’t even need to bring that pole if you have the right trekking poles.

I used the same tent when I went to National Outdoor Leadership School too. Slept in it 3 months straight, used it in the winter even. IMG_1588.jpg IMG_2021.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’ve been using the Black Diamond Megamid tent for years. Super lightweight with just one pole, perfect for backpacking. You don’t even need to bring that pole if you have the right trekking poles.

I used the same tent when I went to National Outdoor Leadership School too. Slept in it 3 months straight, used it in the winter even.

1 pole... thats cool. Can it sleep 2?

Jsouder53

Hooked
1 pole... thats cool. Can it sleep 2?

When I was at school, we had 4 sleeping in it [emoji23] little tight but it worked. My wife and I and our 4 dogs easily sleep in it.

Forgot to mention, it can withstand some crazy winds... last summer when we were backpacking, We had a storm come up that was crazy hailing with probably 60-70 mph winds or so

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
When I was at school, we had 4 sleeping in it [emoji23] little tight but it worked. My wife and I and our 4 dogs easily sleep in it.

Forgot to mention, it can withstand some crazy winds... last summer when we were backpacking, We had a storm come up that was crazy hailing with probably 60-70 mph winds or so

Holy Crap... that’s a $450 setup [emoji15].. This is why I buy coleman tents. lol

Jsouder53

Hooked
Holy Crap... that’s a $450 setup [emoji15].. This is why I buy coleman tents. lol

For some reason, I always get wrapped up in expensive hobbies [emoji23] backpacking, skiing, and of course Jeeps... it is probably the last tent I’ll ever buy at least lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I used the same tent when I went to National Outdoor Leadership School too. Slept in it 3 months straight, used it in the winter even. View attachment 347260 View attachment 347261

You are a NOLS grad? I am as well, but not a three month course. I did a 14 day course out of Lander that took me up into the Cirque of the Towers. NOLS has some great programs. My brother did a three month course and then worked as an instructor for a semester.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I used the same tent when I went to National Outdoor Leadership School too. Slept in it 3 months straight, used it in the winter even.

You are a NOLS grad? I am as well, but not a three month course. I did a 14 day course out of Lander that took me up into the Cirque of the Towers. NOLS has some great programs. My brother did a three month course and then worked as an instructor for a semester.

That went over my head the first time.. I had to google NOLS.. Very cool accomplishment... sounds like a great experience.

wjtstudios

Hooked

I did NOLS’s wilderness first responder course a few years back. 12 hr days 10 days straight of classroom and mock rescue/assessment training. Still one of the best things I’ve done to date to keep me and others around me safe. Well worth the time if you can swing it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom