Show Off Your Guns!

Surefire makes great kit. I’ve been running the cloud defensive Rein 3.0 and their offset mount for the last year both in classes and in training. Worthy of a look. Super clean cable management nice and tight to the handguard. I’ve been beating this thing like it’s dating my sister and it hasn’t budged or flickered once. 8E052FD6-3C3C-4106-9F1F-F5E746EDA98C.jpeg 88AFD5DB-9DEF-4856-86B9-75A29B676747.jpeg 87FE4AAD-37E4-4AAA-8A32-BA3434480F1E.jpeg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Surefire makes great kit. I’ve been running the cloud defensive Rein 3.0 and their offset mount for the last year both in classes and in training. Worthy of a look. Super clean cable management nice and tight to the handguard. I’ve been beating this thing like it’s dating my sister and it hasn’t budged or flickered once. View attachment 398846 View attachment 398847 View attachment 398848
I looked at those but I think CD is out of my wheelhouse for what I need... but they look bad ass. They are Pricey as hell and a little chunky. How much Candela does the average person need though? 100k is crazy.

I looked at those but I think CD is out of my wheelhouse for what I need... but they look bad ass. They are Pricey as hell and a little chunky. How much Candela does the average person need though? 100k is crazy.
Yeah the candela is nuts. I do a lot of low light/no light classes and have learned a lot since I first started teaching and taking classes. I used to think 500 was too much cuz I just didn’t know better and had poor light technique/discipline. Now, I want the goddamn sun Lolol.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah the candela is nuts. I do a lot of low light/no light classes and have learned a lot since I first started teaching and taking classes. I used to think 500 was too much cuz I just didn’t know better and had poor light technique/discipline. Now, I want the goddamn sun Lolol.
We can Nerd out about it in Jan. while the wives look at us like we're f'n Nuts. Lol

sm31

Old faithful. Just wrapped up a season of teaching. Just passed the 35,000 round mark on this Gen5 G17 and it was time for a fresh barrel and springs. Ready for another 35,000. View attachment 398839

Given the way I shoot pistols, I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to tell whether the barrel is shot out... lol. But is there a noticeable loss of accuracy (like with a rifle)? Is 35k rounds about right or are there other wear points on the barrel that go first? Thanks!

Given the way I shoot pistols, I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to tell whether the barrel is shot out... lol. But is there a noticeable loss of accuracy (like with a rifle)? Is 35k rounds about right or are there other wear points on the barrel that go first? Thanks!
I started to notice groups opening up pretty significantly inside 15 yards and verified it on a bench rest. 35k is pretty damn good for a factory barrel in my experience. They will usually start losing significant accuracy long before they show any signs of actual wear. That being said, my Staccato P 2011 just hit 30,000 rounds and its groups are still 1/2 MOA at 20 yards so… I think it’s subjective.

Just finished setting up a new blaster for the 2024 teaching/training season. Giving the Glock 17 a break to try out something new and quite a few people in the industry seem to have a lot of good things to say about them.

It’s got some big shoes to fill. E873B6A8-2AD1-473A-9C13-50DF28F14FA1.jpeg

Top Bottom