Show Off Your Guns!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Which, I'm assuming, would lead to ejection failures?
Yes. The extractor starts the empty out of the chamber, but loses its grip on the rim. The case doesn’t eject. The bolt strips the next round from the magazine and you now have an empty case and a loaded cartridge jammed in the action.

While a BCM bolt carrier group will usually fix the problem, the less expensive solution is to change the extractor spring to a Colt or Sprinco extractor spring. I use Colt extractor springs exclusively in all my ARs.

jamesrw30

Yes. The extractor starts the empty out of the chamber, but loses its grip on the rim. The case doesn’t eject. The bolt strips the next round from the magazine and you now have an empty case and a loaded cartridge jammed in the action.

While a BCM bolt carrier group will usually fix the problem, the less expensive solution is to change the extractor spring to a Colt or Sprinco extractor spring. I use Colt extractor springs exclusively in all my ARs.
Interesting. Thank you for the info. Lots of good information gained on all this.

Ddays

Hooked
These damn AR's are as bad as Jeeps. Started off was gonna build one and boy that got out of hand real quick. Bought a Ruger AR-556 to play with and get familiar with the platform first. These things are pretty fun.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Regardless of caliber, shot placement is key. And then the work begins.

I consider that to be obvious. Placement gets to be a bigger concern though when you start talking about distance. Inside 400-500 yards, a monkey could make a shot with today’s glass.

How do you like the Shadow? I wouldn't mine having the Compact if we could get it here.
This is my second shadow 2 and they are excellent right out of the box. Some spring changes and the Cajun Gunworks trigger reach kit make it an absolute dream. It is heavy which is great for competition and while I have carried it, it’s not ideal. With the optic, light and 23 round mag it’s right below the USPSA weight limit of 59 ounces. The Shadow Compact is every bit as nice and I wouldn’t hesitate to carry one…. If I could find one. They’re a bit of a unicorn at the moment.

Top Bottom