Short arms vs long arms

Necro

All together around $3800 with installation. The main kit is $2400 with around another $600 for front and rear track bars. The rest would be installation. No antirocks, I'm fine with my no limits disconnect right now. View attachment 226134

You definitely do not need such an expensive and complicated lift. If you did need it, you would already know you need it and wouldn't be asking the forum. You only need a few parts and pieces of that kit. Currie offers a few "entry level" kits for less than $1200.. that is what I would recommend you start with, and then upgrade a piece at a time if you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right now I'm having major rubbing on my pinch seam which is shredding my tires so I would like to move my rear axle to be more centered in the wheel well. I don't think trimming alone would solve the problem unless I cut off a heck of a lot. Also trying to remedy the flighty steering I'm having at highway speeds, along with my front axel being shifted over a inch to the passenger side. Offroad performance right now is fine.

Fold the pinch seam over using a 2x4 and rolling it against the tire. A good set of upper adjustable control arms can move the axle back slightly while also giving you good pinion/driveshaft angles. A raised track bar bracket will allow you to center your axle with the factory track bar. Or an aftermarket track bar that's adjustable will allow you to center your axle as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need to remember that your axle will travel in an arc. In other words, what you are seeing at ride height is NOT the same thing as when your axle is fully stuffed. Your axle will NOT travel straight up and down. As mentioned, you NEED to trim more. Pushing your axle back won't solve anything and you can push it back too far. When you do, your rear coils will rub on your rear track bar.

Oh, and as much as I like most Currie products, I would NOT recommend their Antirock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Long adjustable arms help with both arc and placement

Long arms will only correct suspension geometry by returning the arms back to a stock like state and that will help give you a nicer ride on pavement. Long arms will also have shallower arc and less axle swipe but that's about it - at a full stuff, your axle will be in the same place on both. You can correct axle placement with short arms just as much as you can with long arms and with just 3" of lift, you really do NOT need long arms.

Top Bottom