Rausch Creek 10/03/15

DERAILED.png

So, I've been wanting to do one of these trips to Rausch for a long time now. This looks like a great group to go with as a first timer. Being a few months away I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it but, I'd really like to if the family allows and I'm welcome into the group. I'd be driving from VT.

JKUR 35's locked..

As a first trip, I'd probably want to stick to the more mellow trails, would that be the greens?

Last edited:
So, I've been wanting to do one of these trips to Rausch for a long time now. This looks like a great group to go with as a first timer. Being a few months away I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it but, I'd really like to if the family allows and I'm welcome into the group. I'd be driving from VT.

JKUR 35's locked..

As a first trip, I'd probably want to stick to the more mellow trails, would that be the greens?

Green group would be the best. Nothing wrong with being new, we all were at one point. We wont push you to do anything you are not comfortable with :thumb:

JKUR 35's locked..

Green group would be the best. Nothing wrong with being new, we all were at one point. We wont push you to do anything you are not comfortable with :thumb:

What hinrich said^^ greens are great beginner trails to get a feel for the park. If you pass a blue trail and the green group consists of people willing/able to do it I'm sure you could step it up a notch as well

What hinrich said^^ greens are great beginner trails to get a feel for the park. If you pass a blue trail and the green group consists of people willing/able to do it I'm sure you could step it up a notch as well

Both of your responses sound great! I know my rig is more than capable. I have stock skids and will have a long ride home so taking it easy the first time around would probably be a wise choice. Looks like it's about 7-8 hours away. I'll keep the group posted as the time gets closer.

Both of your responses sound great! I know my rig is more than capable. I have stock skids and will have a long ride home so taking it easy the first time around would probably be a wise choice. Looks like it's about 7-8 hours away. I'll keep the group posted as the time gets closer.

Yea it looks like your rig is easily built to handle to blues no problem. Whatever trails you run (green or blue) you will have a fun time out here.

If you haven't done so get an oil pan skid. Never hurts to add a little extra protection.

Ill definitely look into the oil pan skid. I'm also lacking a cb, I'll need to figure that out as well.

CBs really are nice. It is pretty common at RC for a spot to be given over CB from the person in front or behind you. It keeps us moving much faster than getting out at every little spot. Even on the Green and Blue trails there will be little stegosaurus backed sections that will grab the lowest point. Especially for 4-doors where line options are not as plentiful.

Cabin booked at Twin Grove! Look forward to meeting you all.

Please let my wife and I know if we're getting in over our heads on blacks / reds our first time out there with our rig. We'll be happy to step down to blues/blacks, or whatever if necessary. I don't want to be bored (capable rig, capable driver), but I do have to drive it home (no trailer). :rock:

Please let my wife and I know if we're getting in over our heads on blacks / reds our first time out there with our rig. We'll be happy to step down to blues/blacks, or whatever if necessary. I don't want to be bored (capable rig, capable driver), but I do have to drive it home (no trailer). :rock:

35s on a 4-door will definitely make use of your skids and sliders, especially on a Red. This said, I think you could do it.

Anytime you put your Jeep in 4-Lo and hit the trail you run a greater risk of breaking something. Last time I was there we had two of the 4 Jeeps break. One a front axle joint and the other lost their front drive-shaft...

You could always start out in the Blues and then switch up at lunch to another group if you are bored. :yup:

Nice!! Looking forward to meeting you as well!

As far as trails go you will not be bored with whatever you choose to do since it will be your first time there. Just depends on how comfortable you feel. The spotters and leaders will make sure you are able to drive home no matter what trails you choose to do

35s on a 4-door will definitely make use of your skids and sliders, especially on a Red. This said, I think you could do it.

Anytime you put your Jeep in 4-Lo and hit the trail you run a greater risk of breaking something. Last time I was there we had two of the 4 Jeeps break. One a front axle joint and the other lost their front drive-shaft...

You could always start out in the Blues and then switch up at lunch to another group if you are bored. :yup:

don't scare ppl lol those were all Ohio guys that broke by the way lol

The spotters and leaders will make sure you are able to drive home no matter what trails you choose to do

..... Again don't need to scare ppl, as well as very large statements. WE do help fix people up to get home safely that being said I don't have an extra engine in the back of my jeep!

..... Again don't need to scare ppl, as well as very large statements. WE do help fix people up to get home safely that being said I don't have an extra engine in the back of my jeep!

How was I scaring someone? Lol I said the leaders and spotters would make sure someone is able to drive home no matter what. In other words we are there to look out for each other. And yes as you said if something did happen we would be there to help them fix a break IF one occurred

It is your call, we are going to have plenty of people that know rigs and have plenty of seat time to help, we all drive to and from the place. breaks happen its part of the game, I usually have some spare parts, always have tools. this all being said I can put you with Jay as he has a 4dr and would probably suit you better to fallow(if you would like that) Also If you try it out and feel that you are over your head then nothing says you cant link up with the blue group, as a spotter I would feel you out in person, we also NEVER would make you do something we wouldn't do or you don't want to do! At the end of the day its about having fun and hanging with friends

Last edited:
I see the blue group I'll be leading Is very small. If need be I can make it a blue green and allow those who want to try obstacles try. You know I know the park fairly well and shouldn't have anyone get in to deep.

Edit: see now it's gotten a little bigger

Top Bottom