Rausch Creek 10/03/15

Some homework to help you decide....

Mostly black and some red...

Blue, black, and a touch of red

Here I took two new-Bs so we went Green and some blue.

I see the blue group I'll be leading Is very small. If need be I can make it a blue green and allow those who want to try obstacles try. You know I know the park fairly well and shouldn't have anyone get in to deep.

Edit: see now it's gotten a little bigger

thanks for the offer we will see what happens when we get closer, I really would like to keep them 2 different groups as you know some blues are more fun then others and just not the green game. I also have a couple more people that might be coming for the green group.

Some homework to help you decide....

Mostly black and some red...

Blue, black, and a touch of red

Here I took two new-Bs so we went Green and some blue.

Jay, those are good videos and pictures. I like the dialogue between you and Kegan on the last video.

Jay, those are good videos and pictures. I like the dialogue between you and Kegan on the last video.

That trip seems like forever ago, but it was the first time I met any WAL people (and my now good friends). The video Kegan and I made was by far the most fun I've ever had making a video. Unfortunately, you know how kids are, he hasn't wanted to since. :grayno:

Thanks for the great vids. That helps a lot. I'll definitely be sticking to the greens maybe blues for the first time around. If I'm able to join and it's looking good, I'm hoping to have my 13 year old son be my co-pilot. Fingers crossed everything lines up for us. I'll let you know once I'm 100% sure. Thanks all for putting this trip together.

Looking forward to this and seeing some new faces ... Been wheeling with the same group of guys for awhile but everyone just gets so busy with life lol

Pumped to meet some of the new people, and actually wheel this time. I think last time I was there for one of the bigger runs is when I broke on a green :thinking::thinking:

Pumped to meet some of the new people, and actually wheel this time. I think last time I was there for one of the bigger runs is when I broke on a green :thinking::thinking:

Lol don't downgrade yourself to much. It was a blue and only because you got squeezed Inbetween that rock and tree REALLY good

I remember just sitting there said to kelsey I don't think he'll fit. Oh that's not gonna work BOOM

Thanks for the great vids. That helps a lot. I'll definitely be sticking to the greens maybe blues for the first time around. If I'm able to join and it's looking good, I'm hoping to have my 13 year old son be my co-pilot. Fingers crossed everything lines up for us. I'll let you know once I'm 100% sure. Thanks all for putting this trip together.

Glad they helped... Blues are very doable in a stock rig (and I see yours isn't). Especially with some good spotting and line choices. Kegan (my 13 yr old) will be there as well. He actually is the big reason we switched our trip and decided to do this one. He likes RC and the WAL family.

Glad they helped... Blues are very doable in a stock rig (and I see yours isn't). Especially with some good spotting and line choices. Kegan (my 13 yr old) will be there as well. He actually is the big reason we switched our trip and decided to do this one. He likes RC and the WAL family.

Kegan pulling thru for the win!!!

Thanks for the videos. Blues Blacks and a touch of Red seems about what I'm used to wheeling. However that works out with the groups, be it blues or what I'm currently in, I'm in! I'm imagining it's a lot like Redbird. If it's rained or snowy, all the ratings aren't accurate anyhow.

I've got the Evo protek skids, they are already scratched up, just not from PA (mostly Drummond Island). No issues there. I have Evo front weld on, and rear Rockstar CA skids I "may" get on before then. Depends on how many more weekends I get off.

I just installed a Rubi swaybar and no limits (today is my day off). No more having to get greasy removing the JKS for the win! Look forward to meeting you all. My wife and I wheeled with our club a few weekends a month in Indiana for years. Now that we've moved to MD, it's been a while (everything is mudding or far) and I need to get back out there.

Thanks for the videos. Blues Blacks and a touch of Red seems about what I'm used to wheeling. However that works out with the groups, be it blues or what I'm currently in, I'm in! I'm imagining it's a lot like Redbird. If it's rained or snowy, all the ratings aren't accurate anyhow.

I've got the Evo protek skids, they are already scratched up, just not from PA (mostly Drummond Island). No issues there. I have Evo front weld on, and rear Rockstar CA skids I "may" get on before then. Depends on how many more weekends I get off.

I just installed a Rubi swaybar and no limits (today is my day off). No more having to get greasy removing the JKS for the win! Look forward to meeting you all. My wife and I wheeled with our club a few weekends a month in Indiana for years. Now that we've moved to MD, it's been a while (everything is mudding or far) and I need to get back out there.

Sweet!

I've wheeled Drummond Island (In fact, I was going to comment on your avatar) and Redbird. Both have a much more drastic change in rain than RC. If you are in my group I will avoid mud like it's the plague and do my best to keep us in mostly rock. For the most part, the RC rock is fairly predictable even when wet. There are a few spots we will likely avoid if wet (Shoot the Moon, Crawl Daddy, and death trap come to mind).

Cant wait to see meet you soon.

Oh, Drummond..... this is us just to the right (from the bottom) and back up. It was horribly boring until this spot. LOL Turtle Ridge was nice though.
B2uAxPcljTdpZIeMbPX6C18Vu3bWvaFnsOnkpwOAVSY=w1072-h603-no

Loved Turtle Ridge. I kick myself to this day for a huge mistake I made there on a very expensive trip for us.

Lower Citadel, the really hard line on the far far right (nobody went this way, everyone followed the trail and still had a difficult climb). I almost made it up the wall without the winch, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting full traction on the front end.

When I installed the PR, I wired in a lockout switch on my front locker so that a passenger can't turn the switch on while on the highway and lock up my steering. Well, when trying to climb lower Citadel, I was so wrapped up in picking my line, throttle management, and staying on camber that I forgot to turn on the lockout switch. The front end wasn't locked up! Spotter's just assumed my locker broke, but didn't say anything. Unfortunately, I figured it out after we winched to the top, and the group was already moving. I'll go back someday and conquer that climb!

This is my favorite pic from Turtle Ridge (total poser shot).

IMG_3707.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, Andrew, you can put me down as an official maybe. It will be a bit before i figure out if the logistics will work out. Ill keep you posted.

So how many in the black/red group? As of now I am totally free that weekend

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom