Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Looks great. How'd you cut the curved edges? Or did you just set specific stones in those spots? What are you using for mortar?

The perimeter stones are all natural edges. Most the curves in the center stones are natural. There are a lot that are cut 3/4 the way through then broke and chipped to look natural. Wanted the joints tight but not look like a cut puzzle. Just using a type S. Looked into mixing my own but here in sc I don’t think it’ll make a huge difference. Using a angle grinder and a stihl wet cut off saw

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I got better at the corner tool, far from pro
IMG_8280.jpg
IMG_8315.jpg
IMG_8344.jpg
IMG_8365.jpg
IMG_8413.jpg
IMG_8415.jpg
IMG_8424.jpg
IMG_8425.jpg

Now wait on the plumber and do some detail stuff. Still have to build the in wall shelf here
IMG_8428.jpg

Annnnnd of course drywall all the stuff outside the bathroom, but now it’ll be usable in a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug

Now wait on the plumber and do some detail stuff. Still have to build the in wall shelf here

Annnnnd of course drywall all the stuff outside the bathroom, but now it’ll be usable in a day or two.

That turned out great! I've had practice with the corner tool on other projects. Still took me awhile to relearn but 160 some linear feet of corners in the garage gave me a lot of practice.

I finally got my door and installed last weekend. Still need to yank the old door and put ribbing up on the wall before I try to finish drywall on the north wall. But its close. I had bought some nice shelving brackets and walnut shelves so I could hang my stereo and rear surround speakers. Had to cut the walls open to add bracing cause no way was I going to use drywall anchors for this job... Should be slapping the final coat of mud on tonight, and will finish shelves and wiring tomorrow. I'll post up some pics of that project when it's done. I was waiting until I had enough mudding practice in the garage before I attempted this... Cheers!

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
View attachment 352216
View attachment 352217
View attachment 352218
View attachment 352219
View attachment 352220
View attachment 352221
View attachment 352222
View attachment 352223

View attachment 352215

Awesome work!!!

That turned out great! I've had practice with the corner tool on other projects. Still took me awhile to relearn but 160 some linear feet of corners in the garage gave me a lot of practice.

I finally got my door and installed last weekend. Still need to yank the old door and put ribbing up on the wall before I try to finish drywall on the north wall. But its close. I had bought some nice shelving brackets and walnut shelves so I could hang my stereo and rear surround speakers. Had to cut the walls open to add bracing cause no way was I going to use drywall anchors for this job... Should be slapping the final coat of mud on tonight, and will finish shelves and wiring tomorrow. I'll post up some pics of that project when it's done. I was waiting until I had enough mudding practice in the garage before I attempted this... Cheers!

I think you’re gonna be done before me lol

Awesome work!!!

Thanks man, it’s great to hit that point where the rest of the work is detail and not really important and can be done whenever instead of the project ruling your life.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Since my wife moved in I haven't had a proper surround system. I much prefer to watch a movie at home with beer than pay for an over priced and crowded theater... And that was before covid. But she didn't like my old speaker stands, the wires running across the floor, and her shit took up the speaker stand space anyways. Some days I do miss the bachelor life... But unfortunately I think she is here to stay.

Since I had some practice mudding in the garage I took a whack at this project. Out a shelve in to make amp usable (was behind tv). Ran speaker cables for a 5.1 system (front speakers are biamped). Ran a new 15 amp leg over. Put bracing behind shelves. Sealed her back up. Put banana connectors on a fuckload of speaker wires.

Had a migraine all weekend and was off on my measurements for the rear speakers. I'll fix that when we paint this winter.

Attachments

• 20200815_171310.jpg
    20200815_171310.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200816_163157.jpg
    20200816_163157.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200816_163211.jpg
    20200816_163211.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200823_161432.jpg
    20200823_161432.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200823_161416.jpg
    20200823_161416.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 83

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Since my wife moved in I haven't had a proper surround system. I much prefer to watch a movie at home with beer than pay for an over priced and crowded theater... And that was before covid. But she didn't like my old speaker stands, the wires running across the floor, and her shit took up the speaker stand space anyways. Some days I do miss the bachelor life... But unfortunately I think she is here to stay.

Since I had some practice mudding in the garage I took a whack at this project. Out a shelve in to make amp usable (was behind tv). Ran speaker cables for a 5.1 system (front speakers are biamped). Ran a new 15 amp leg over. Put bracing behind shelves. Sealed her back up. Put banana connectors on a fuckload of speaker wires.

Had a migraine all weekend and was off on my measurements for the rear speakers. I'll fix that when we paint this winter.

That sounds like a healthy marriage.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
That sounds like a healthy marriage.

Are any of them really healthy my friend?

ROFL. In all honestly I told myself in my early 20's that I wouldn't get married. Hell I had friends that were married 'to their one' and divorced by 25. Kept the bachelor dream going until I was 37. My wife is awesome, puts up with my shit, my jeep expenditures, keeps the house cleaner and nicer, and she does push me to be better than the dirty, uncouth bastard I was before. Our kids (hers from her first marriage) are a ton of fun. All around I am happy.

Just occasionally I miss the bachelor days. Mostly going to the local strip club after work for a shitty steak and potatoes and tiddies in the face...

jesse3638

Hooked

You realize they make Bluetooth speakers that sound awesome these days...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
You realize they make Bluetooth speakers that sound awesome these days...haha.

Where's the fun in that!? Actually no, the last bluetooth speaker I listened too didn't really have the depth of sound so I haven't looked back. This was years ago. I stream a lot of music to my receiver by bluetooth for convenience but I do notice a difference in sound quality vs a CD. It's fine if it's background music. But if I'm really relaxing and listening I prefer CD. And honestly I think albums sound even better but haven't invested in any for a long time. And I tend to crank this stereo and hang out in the yard with the kids, i doubt bluetooth speakers can push that kind of wattage but maybe should look that way.

jesse3638

Hooked
Where's the fun in that!? Actually no, the last bluetooth speaker I listened too didn't really have the depth of sound so I haven't looked back. This was years ago. I stream a lot of music to my receiver by bluetooth for convenience but I do notice a difference in sound quality vs a CD. It's fine if it's background music. But if I'm really relaxing and listening I prefer CD. And honestly I think albums sound even better but haven't invested in any for a long time. And I tend to crank this stereo and hang out in the yard with the kids, i doubt bluetooth speakers can push that kind of wattage but maybe should look that way.
They have come a long way. That and sound bars can create quite a great sound as well. I actually took my old 5.1 surround sound and put it up in my garage. I didnt care about having wires running along the walls out there and I was never going go pit it up in the house as we live in a 2 story and it would require my to pull the ceiling to run wires behind it. It works well out there and I habe an Alexa so I can control it by voice while under my jeep working...haha

Primo82

Caught the Bug
They have come a long way. That and sound bars can create quite a great sound as well. I actually took my old 5.1 surround sound and put it up in my garage. I didnt care about having wires running along the walls out there and I was never going go pit it up in the house as we live in a 2 story and it would require my to pull the ceiling to run wires behind it. It works well out there and I habe an Alexa so I can control it by voice while under my jeep working...haha

I'm on a crawlspace so pulling wires wasn't a huge ordeal. Now that it's run I probably wouldn't entertain a bluetooth system inside unless the amp fries and/or I blow a few speakers. But we will see! I've had these Polk speakers about 8 years if I remember and they sound fantastic (with a little tuning in the amp).

My rear bookshelf speakers were out in the garage for the past year and a half while this project waited. I need to get new speakers out there, have an old receiver already. I am going to look for an Alexa now, that's a great idea! If I'm working on something I usually wait 'till I'm done' and then forget to turn on a new album. Cheers!

I would like for this to be done now...
Hot and humid weekend ahead

IMG_8527.jpg

Proof that I must have been a truly horrible human being in a past life
IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

Pump noise before
IMG_8566.jpg
Pump noise after
IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8575.jpg
IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg
Unicorn Jeep
IMG_8598.jpg

62035495675__07BA0664-2EBC-4549-9D38-7B8FE84A8CE7.jpg

More framing and drywall to come.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I would like for this to be done now...
Hot and humid weekend ahead

View attachment 352506

Proof that I must have been a truly horrible human being in a past life
View attachment 352507

View attachment 352508

Pump noise before
View attachment 352511
Pump noise after
View attachment 352509

View attachment 352512
View attachment 352513

View attachment 352514
Unicorn Jeep
View attachment 352515

View attachment 352516

More framing and drywall to come.

That’s a massive project, and it’s turned out great. All worth it in the end and then back to the Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Getting closer to finishing the full bathroom remodel I’ve been doing.

The room used to have a bathtub and shitty beige tile. It’s the first time I’ve tiled but I think it turned out pretty good.

Hope to finish the butcher block counter, vessel sinks, and high faucets today. After that, I just have to do the backsplash and install the sliding barn style glass shower door.

I’ll be glad when this one is done...it’s been a lot of work.

62016123326__EDB8FDD8-932C-49BC-B6FB-E96B07B4AD8A.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom