Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Quality sucks theses days
It really does… while researching the gasket, which reports going after as early as 50 hours, also found out the hydrostatic trans that is a “Sealed unserviceable unit” isn’t actually a sealed unit just a pain in the ass, and if you don’t service it will fry itself. So that’s awesome too. You have to remove the entire thing. Flip it upside down to drain the oil and then replace with the correct oil 5-50 synthetic, which fun fact John Deere decided not to use, they used some straight weight oil instead. I understand that these things are mass produced and all use pretty much the same parts. But wtf. For the price paid for a damn lawn mower you think it would make it to 300 before you start seeing this kind of shit.

What model is that, I hope mine doesn’t have those issues… I have the D170
D110, They all use the same style hydrostat systems the T40 and the K46 which are near identical, Theres plenty of info online if you look it up, from what I read you should probably make a plan to change the fluid in it soon. You might get luckier on the headgaskets different engine but honestly it wasnt that bad of a job just annoyed had to do it at such a low hour. Its been puffing smoke on startup for as long as I can remember and now it doesnt do that so apparently been going for awhile.

That blows!
Mine has about a hundred hours and while the motor runs strong the transmission makes a terrible sound and slips once it gets hot. For the dang price JD charges for these little mowers you’d expect it to last forever.
See above ^ swap that oil before you get to rebuild the tufftorq, i watched the youtube video walk through of the rebuild on them its not horrible imo but I used to rebuild semi transmissions, but quick change the oil. Looks like you can pop it out with or without the tires on theres 100 how to videos on this. Thanks John Deere for making such a piece of shit that theres websites trying to organize class actions.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sure picked a hell of a time for the blower motor resistor on the Durango to shit the bed. Fortunately it wasn't too hard to get to and replace. 20210721_142719.jpg

Attachments

• 16269032035628584576340127360943.jpg
    16269032035628584576340127360943.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 3

CalSgt

Hooked
Had to Hotwire the refrigerator today, the power wire to the control board for the ice and water dispenser broke somewhere inside the door. Also had to install a new micro hood, I think it needed a magnetron it was tired of fucking with it. I had to replace the door latch micro switches four times already in the old one. Hopefully this one holds out p better
295326A1-6CC8-43BC-BACD-F5BBC309D6FA.jpeg 967DC660-44DC-40D2-9188-B8A7ADC152FA.jpeg EF4D5FB0-184B-4EF0-98E9-530EE11BA8CC.jpeg

Top Bottom