POLL : How Much are You Planning to Spend on Your Jeep This Year?

How much are you planning to spend on your Jeep this year?

• None - My Jeep is perfect as is

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • $0-$200

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • $200-$500

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • $500-$1000

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • $1000-$5000

Votes: 228 52.8%
  • $5000-$10000

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • $10000-$20000

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • $20000-Up

Votes: 28 6.5%

• Total voters
I am a itty-bitty spender on the Jeep this year. In fact spending has been on stuff to carry inside the Jeep such as a Yorktown Tool Roll (from Atlas 46) stuffed with tools, big jumper cables, and other basic stuff. Still seriously lacking in terms of recovery gear.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
So far just jumped up to 38” and beadlocks. Still need ball joints and a tire carrier. Hopefully axle upgrade next year, that is if the first two things don’t make that a necessity sooner.
Oh yeah and a rear main seal I believe.

JJ151

Going big!
Yep! I’ve been wanting to do a 392 conversion for some time. Here in Oregon, the requirement to pass DEQ is you have to have a vehicle that the manufacturer has a class of vehicles that has that motor (Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota are both SUVs and now the Wrangler) and that takes out the GM conversions. I put it off last year as I learned about the possibility of adding the 8 speed transmission as well. AMW and DC are both working on the upgraded 8HP75 (stronger than what is in the JL currently) and those should be done by the end of summer. On the suspension side, I like going to Sand Lake and Florence here in Oregon (sand dunes) and would really like more horse power. Going faster in the sand requires better suspension and I have been looking at coil overs for a while, but hadn’t had a real need until now. I would also really like to explore Johnson Valley and other desert areas. Additionally, the double triangulated four link rear, the flat belly kit giving more break over angle, larger 36 gallon gas tank, removing shock mounts that hang down below the axles, etc. are all reasons I want to move on from my current set up. Dominos right!! The conversion and suspension should be the last of the modifications I’ll ever need as I plan to keep this jeep for another 20 years (Still have my 1998 TJ).

desertrunner

The trail ready beadlocks set me back a bit already and the evo sliders and I'm still hoping to get in on a PSC kit for the 2dr so looks like I'm in the 5-10k bracket this year hahaha. I swear the parts on the dang thing are worth 1.5 times the actual jeep

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yep! I’ve been wanting to do a 392 conversion for some time. Here in Oregon, the requirement to pass DEQ is you have to have a vehicle that the manufacturer has a class of vehicles that has that motor (Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota are both SUVs and now the Wrangler) and that takes out the GM conversions. I put it off last year as I learned about the possibility of adding the 8 speed transmission as well. AMW and DC are both working on the upgraded 8HP75 (stronger than what is in the JL currently) and those should be done by the end of summer. On the suspension side, I like going to Sand Lake and Florence here in Oregon (sand dunes) and would really like more horse power. Going faster in the sand requires better suspension and I have been looking at coil overs for a while, but hadn’t had a real need until now. I would also really like to explore Johnson Valley and other desert areas. Additionally, the double triangulated four link rear, the flat belly kit giving more break over angle, larger 36 gallon gas tank, removing shock mounts that hang down below the axles, etc. are all reasons I want to move on from my current set up. Dominos right!! The conversion and suspension should be the last of the modifications I’ll ever need as I plan to keep this jeep for another 20 years (Still have my 1998 TJ).
It’s going to be a beast. I get it, I’ve had my 8 for more than 20 years and neither of my Jeeps will ever be sold. Can’t wait to see it coming to life!

onewheat

I'd like to get some new wheels and get a proper lift kit installed - also, big brakes would be a great improvement. The stock ones, even with 35s are seriously lacking.

HoosierWolf

Just picked up a new to me soft top. Already added adjustable ball joints that the Jeep decided it wanted. Considering buying some half doors. Probably will need new tires before the end of the year.

RockyJKU

I just did a lift, and plan on doing rims and tires as well. I have it on stock Rubicon rims and 35s but looking to poke them out a little more, and msyne go 37s.

Taumsauk

Budgeting for new tires prior to heading to Moab in September and I'm expecting my transmission to go out sometime in the next 50k (before I get to 250k miles). Other than that, I like my current build for DD and trails.

jdofmemi

I'm already in a grand just fixing things that have broke and doing maintenance. No "plans" to spend any more this year other than on periodic maintenance.
Just follow me some more Dave, we can surely up that total🤣🤣

The 1k-5k mark sounds about right. I am already nearing the 1k mark as I've added KC Hilights gravity Pros and gravity fogs. I will probably be getting some Lux rock lights, some other aux lights, and with any luck a winch. We'll see how my dogecoin does...haha.
I have a Warn Evo 10, if your interested...

I found a Zeon 12 and upgraded.

$25. Windshield washer spray nozzle.
Really breaking the bank there🤣🤣

You forgot to add your driveshaft budget🤣🤣
Replace the exhaust system from the manifolds back. Possibly big brakes. Misc odds and ends.
Should have said something before you left. I have Crown big brake kit for the front, new in box.
Shipping would be a killer though.

How did I miss this thread for so long?

Big plans ahead, depending on the proceeds of my yard sale.

Wish list includes Double Throwdown, LT with 10 speed, and more, plus installing the growing shelf of goodies already in the garage.
I have to go the budget route, and do all my own installation, so I can buy more parts.

Will I get all of it? Depends on time and how successful my yard sale is🤷

Oh, if adding a whole extra Jeep counts, so I have one to drive while I work on the other one, then it will bump me into a higher category yet🤣🤣

jesse3638

Hooked
You gonna spring for the dual nozzle upgrade? 😎
I was thinking I could add 2 more to my single sprayer. I hate the single it drives me crazy...haha
I have a Warn Evo 10, if your interested...

I found a Zeon 12 and upgraded.
It's no Zeon but it's better than what I have now, nothing...haha. I've found "gently used" used parts fit my budget a little better. I'll shoot you a text

Top Bottom