Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Break

JK12

And that is how a situation like that should be taken care of. Props to Poison Spyder for taking the extra precautions to make sure their products are manufactured properly. That makes Teraflex look like a joke...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That is truly awesome. Glad to see that there are still some stand up companies out there.

Loading please wait....

thardy

Banned
I just got the following response from Poison Spyder on my Facebook page and felt that it needed to be shared here as well.

View attachment 104834

For those of you who can't see the attached screen shot, here's a quote of what they said...

To Poison Spyder, thank you for your stand up response. In spite of what some may try to suggest, I have always seen you as a stand up company and one that I would NEVER "bash". I appreciate you for seeing this for what it was and for not making any excuses or blaming your customers. As I have stated in the past, this is the ONLY break I have ever seen AND that you were taking care of the customer.

So great to see this response. Never would have expected anything less from Poison Spyder. Just imagine, had Teraflex responded the same way, this would have been a boring week on the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I just got the following response from Poison Spyder on my Facebook page and felt that it needed to be shared here as well.

View attachment 104834

For those of you who can't see the attached screen shot, here's a quote of what they said...

To Poison Spyder, thank you for your stand up response. In spite of what some may try to suggest, I have always seen you as a stand up company and one that I would NEVER "bash". I appreciate you for seeing this for what it was and for not making any excuses or blaming your customers. As I have stated in the past, this is the ONLY break I have ever seen AND that you were taking care of the customer.

ZOMG, a company actually CARES that a product failed, and is doing everything they can to correct the situation. Go figure. But I don't want to digress....the trolling must continue.

Any decent company would WANT a defective product back for R&D purposes, so they can inspect it, correct the problem, and ensure that it never happens again.

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

I had more than a couple poison spyder products on my last jeep and I can say they are well made products. And their customer service was awesome!!! This response doesn't surprise me at all. I would totally recommend PSC products to others.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Way to go PS! Nobody's perfect and things will fail, way to stand behind your products and make it right!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I feel the last line of their response pretty much sums up how any stand up company would handle this. I too have their products on my rig and have been very pleased. Way to back your products!

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Imagine that, a company that sees things for what they are. Thumbs up PS! Great response on all levels.

TF, you should take notes.

jmatta33

In spite of what all the haters will try to suggest, I am NOT here to "bash" Poison Spyder. My only purpose for making this post is to inform people who own one of their JK RockBrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carriers of a significant break that I had recently seen occur on one. As you can see in the photo below, the tire mount completely broke off at the welds and allowed the spare to fall off. Fortunately, nobody was hurt by it.

View attachment 99974

Needless to say, if you own one of these tire carriers, I would recommend that you please take the time to carefully check the welds in this area and on a regular basis. Had this break occurred on the highway, it could have been lethal.

ATTENTION: Official Response from Poison Sypder
The following response was made by Poison Spyder Customs, Inc. today regarding a tire carrier break I had seen and posted up and felt that it needed to be shared more prominently. Thank you Poison Spyder for not seeing my post as some kind of "bash", for not making excuses and for not blaming your customer for the break. As I have said in the past, this is the ONLY break I have ever seen and that you were taking care of your customer. I am also glad to hear you are using this opportunity to make significant improvement to your design to mitigate potential problems of this nature in the future. Bravo!

attachment.php

Really glad to hear that response from poison spyder as most of my armor is Poison spyder. they took responsibility, didnt blame anyone and are resolving the problem. this teraflex tire carrier shit wouldnt be an issue if they would just acknowledge there is a flaw and figure out a way to fix it instead of blaming it on the customer.

RLTW!!!

CharlieK

Glad to see PSC stepped up owned it and then made it right. The funny is that even if PSC didn't see Eddie's post as bashing, I'm sure the trolls will jump all over this. Haters gonna hate no matter what.

Panda

That's awesome! I bet they'd send me a new revised bracket if I called them :yup: poison Spyder rocks!

KingCopperhead

What a great response from poison spyder! I'm thrilled to see this. You guys are a class act. I will continue to enjoy my poison spyder parts on my JK with peace of mind :)

Rebel JK

Not that my opinion is worth a damn, but a month ago I spent an extra hundred bucks on a pair of work boots that included the made in USA with pride by "Joe Smith" in Akron Ohio. If we're willing to spend the extra money for the made in USA with USA materials, I would feel much better if it included " welded by card carrying certified welder Joe Smith". Not too much to ask for when willing to pay for it. In Cali, everything from hairdressers to fast food workers need to carry a card.

Top Bottom