Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Break

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Not that my opinion is worth a damn, but a month ago I spent an extra hundred bucks on a pair of work boots that included the made in USA with pride by "Joe Smith" in Akron Ohio. If we're willing to spend the extra money for the made in USA with USA materials, I would feel much better if it included " welded by card carrying certified welder Joe Smith". Not too much to ask for when willing to pay for it. In Cali, everything from hairdressers to fast food workers need to carry a card.

No need for that. The free market takes care of it, while the government simply robs people. Teraflex and PS are perfect examples. PS had a small problem, the "free market" is making them fix their mistake so that they continue to have customers and maintain their reputation. Teraflex is going another route, which will decline sales and possibly destroy their reputation, putting an end to the company. This works in all businesses, forums, restaurants, hotels, whatever.

Rebel JK

Point taken. This government does only rob people with all the unneeded bs. PS is taking stepping up and taking care of their business, while the other guys seem to care only about their bottom line.
Just saying, with the potential liabililty out there, anyone making these parts really need to "cya".

bthomas

Like all the previous replies, it's nice to see a stand up class act company that cares about their customers, their product and their integrity. That seems to be hard to find anymore. It will now be even nicer to see my PSC bumpers when Brown Santa drops them off tomorrow! Thanks for posting their response Eddie, and thanks PSC for taking care of business!

Airvoltaire

Professionally Handled

In spite of what all the haters will try to suggest, I am NOT here to "bash" Poison Spyder. My only purpose for making this post is to inform people who own one of their JK RockBrawler II Rear Bumper Tire Carriers of a significant break that I had recently seen occur on one. As you can see in the photo below, the tire mount completely broke off at the welds and allowed the spare to fall off. Fortunately, nobody was hurt by it.

View attachment 99974

Needless to say, if you own one of these tire carriers, I would recommend that you please take the time to carefully check the welds in this area and on a regular basis. Had this break occurred on the highway, it could have been lethal.

ATTENTION: Official Response from Poison Sypder
The following response was made by Poison Spyder Customs, Inc. today regarding a tire carrier break I had seen and posted up and felt that it needed to be shared more prominently. Thank you Poison Spyder for not seeing my post as some kind of "bash", for not making excuses and for not blaming your customer for the break. As I have said in the past, this is the ONLY break I have ever seen and that you were taking care of your customer. I am also glad to hear you are using this opportunity to make significant improvement to your design to mitigate potential problems of this nature in the future. Bravo!

attachment.php

i recently purchased a Rubicon and have planned to build it with the Poison Spyder line. My parts are at Powder coat as we speak. After seeing the post of the break I had second thoughts. after reading the response from Poison spyder I am impressed on how they handled it. Thanks for bringing this in a fair balance forum.

swazza94

Good on them for admitting that some might have a problem :clap2: Thats the response you should see from all Company's :thumb:

Cole Trickle

Good to hear PS stepped up.....Thats been my experience with the company.

I will keep an eye on mine but I just looked and it looks like there are no issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, in the spirit of some of the names you "tweak" Eddie, you have to find some humor in the "wasteoflife". :D

eh, wasteoflife, gayoflife, wayofgay, I could go on and on. There's just so many good ones to choose from. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom