NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup, you guessed it, that is exactly the value you add to this forum

Right... Because you add so much? Should we start another thread about how the Internet hurt your feelings or do you save that for after your next trip out with your buddies?

David1tontj

Right... Because you add so much? Should we start another thread about how the Internet hurt your feelings or do you save that for after your next trip out with your buddies?

Was this referring to when I thought starting a thread would help?? That was a fail.. You can try to make an asshole nice, but at the end of the day, it'll still shit all over.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Was this referring to when I thought starting a thread would help?? That was a fail.. You can try to make an asshole nice, but at the end of the day, it'll still shit all over.

Wasn't directed at you. Was directed at the tool that botches about me not offering anything yet he bitches about this place.

Fitzbsly

There's a few people ^^ here that just need to freakin grow up. Go get a job or wheel your rig once in a while. You weren't there and are clueless so move on.....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's a pretty fucking lame thank you to a couple people who went out of there way to buy parts for you with their money and spend their entire day helping you with parts. At the very least you could take the time to personally thank Eddie, Cindy and MTG. Not that it'll have much meaning anymore.

Being that you insisted in doing all the work, I should say that I'm grateful to you. As far as Ricky goes, I truly believe that he was grateful for our help and I hope he knows that it was our pleasure. There have been a handful of other people who've let me know how grateful they were for us coming out as well including Crippledpetey, 07JKSahara and Panda but I think they know we didn't come out for the thanks we would get but rather, it was simply something we could do.

LOL!! I'm sure you are especially being that you're the one who started all this by calling Rox Star out. Thanks! :crazyeyes:

While I have no doubts that Rox Star is a nice guy that everyone here loves him, I'd have to agree with you in that his "thank you" on this post seemed a little less than sincere. But, truth be told, no sweat off my back as him thanking me isn't why I chose to help out. What I will say is that he would have been better off NOT sending me a PM this evening. I'm sure he meant well but it's kind of hard to take someone thanking you when at the same time they start talking about hindsight, how the group should have taken care of things themselves and how he shouldn't have asked for my help. Of course, this PM didn't come in until about 7 this evening - well after the shit hit the fan.

And what's not cool to me is when someone you've helped later sends a PM (after getting called out on the forum) to basically tell you how they never should have asked for your help in the first place. Kind of a douchy ungrateful move if you ask me but, that's just my opinion. I know none of this will change how you feel about your friend and really, I get it. All I would ask is if you could try and see things from the point of view of the guy who started all this - Adam is my friend and even though I didn't ask for it, he was taking offense for me just like you were with your friend.

That being said, I think it needs to be pointed out yet again that this isn't a church and the guys who've volunteered their time to help out around here aren't your Sunday school teachers. If you feel that there are people who "should be helping to lead the forum", that person should be YOU and you can do that by leading by example.

I will quote this for the purpose of people not being able to read.

I called out Rox Star for not being able to thank Eddie and Cindy for spending there day bringing him parts. All his buddies said he did. Eddie said his PM (after I had called him out) was "kind of a douchy ungrateful move."

So was I wrong? Looks like that isn't the case.

Fitzbsly

I will quote this for the purpose of people not being able to read.

I called out Rox Star for not being able to thank Eddie and Cindy for spending there day bringing him parts. All his buddies said he did. Eddie said his PM (after I had called him out) was "kind of a douchy ungrateful move."

So was I wrong? Looks like that isn't the case.

Get a clue and move on.......

Back Country

And for the ones that can read! Rox Star is Greg Hood and I believe that you called him out on Monday. It appears as though the Thank You came on Sunday at 4:35 PM. This is a Forum and people here us social media to communicate. He probably could have done it differently, but that is up to Eddie and Greg to decide. You sir are a :asshat:

IMG_0728.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And for the ones that can read! Rox Star is Greg Hood and I believe that you called him out on Monday. It appears as though the Thank You came on Sunday at 4:35 PM. This is a Forum and people here us social media to communicate. He probably could have done it differently, but that is up to Eddie and Greg to decide. You sir are a :asshat:

You rang? :rolleyes2:

To be fair, not everyone lives by FB and I don't even think that Adam has an account there. Also, it was Kyle Olsen who thanked us AND tagged your friend. It was ONLY AFTER that your friend decided to chime in. Would he really have said anything at all had he not been tagged? I don't know. What I do know is that it really didn't matter to me if he said anything at all but what I do find questionable is the ungrateful PM your friend sent me basically saying that he wished he never asked for my help in the first place. I also find it funny how none of you care that he did as much or that he's still posting away here like nothing happened.

But, he's your friend and you can keep on standing up for him. Me, I have now decided.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You rang? :rolleyes2:

To be fair, not everyone lives by FB and I don't even think that Adam has an account there. Also, it was Kyle Olsen who thanked us AND tagged your friend. It was ONLY AFTER that your friend decided to chime in. Would he really have said anything at all had he not been tagged? I don't know. What I do know is that it really didn't matter to me if he said anything at all but what I do find questionable is the ungrateful PM your friend sent me basically saying that he wished he never asked for my help in the first place. I also find it funny how none of you care that he did as much or that he's still posting away here like nothing happened.

But, he's your friend and you can keep on standing up for him. Me, I have now decided.

Well said!

Top Bottom