NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...the only reason I said you took the bypasses is because you ran the rockin rubi and it was stated the bypasses would be taken. I can tell you the trail is much better then reading this thread especially if you do run the obstacles, we had guys run all of them and not break....

You guys ran old sluice?

bkac

Caught the Bug
You guys ran old sluice?

Yes! The upper part! We wanted to run the lower so bad but were limping rox star to camp and the sun was setting ...
and one for OverlanderJK, I was wrong sharkey, guess not every obstacle. But at least I can admit it!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I didn't even take one pic of it broken. It never actually broke totally off the Jeep. We noticed it at rubicon springs but didnt think it was as bad as it was. Probably 90% of the welds broke. You could push the rear of the Jeep back and forth probably 4". By the time I got to the top of Cadillac hill to meet Eddie I really couldn't drive anymore because the drive shaft was hitting the gas tank so bad. Luckily Eddie had his welder with him and we got it all fixed up.

I guess that's what happens when your trying to rally race down big sluice. It was fun though.

Was it welded on correctly? Isn't the bracket for the 60's different from the factory axle bracket?

I've seen the frame side bracket break before and would think that would break long before the axle side.

It was not the correct bracket for the pr60, and it was installed incorrectly. It held up for almost 2 years though.
My brother in law that installed it told me right away I needed a new bracket but I never got one.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes! The upper part! We wanted to run the lower so bad but were limping rox star to camp and the sun was setting ...
and one for OverlanderJK, I was wrong sharkey, guess not every obstacle. But at least I can admit it!

Meant to ask the other day, what happened with your axles? Saw somewhere that something broke? Just curious.

Top Bottom