NFL 2018 - Armchair Quarterbacks

Brute

Hooked
I agree, and the more I watch it, the more I think the no-call on Sunday should have been a personal foul for intentional helmet to helmet contact. That DB admitted he was beat and he was trying to blow the receiver up to prevent a touchdown. He was trying to take the penalty to avoid the TD.

Robey-Coleman fined today 20k for helmet to helmet contact...kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out...

TrailHunter

Hooked
Robey-Coleman fined today 20k for helmet to helmet contact...kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out...

That's F'n stupid.... 20k after the fact.. for an accidental hit.... unreal. Probably had to do with the lawsuit the Saints filed... This kinda B.S. is going to ruin the game.

Ddays

Hooked
That's F'n stupid.... 20k after the fact.. for an accidental hit.... unreal. Probably had to do with the lawsuit the Saints filed... This kinda B.S. is going to ruin the game.

Ruin the game? LOL, and what part of that hit was accidental? He admitted to purposely mugging the guy. :thinking:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Ruin the game? LOL, and what part of that hit was accidental? He admitted to purposely mugging the guy. :thinking:

Hitting him wasn’t an accident... but the Helmet to Helmet contact was... He admitted to trying to hit him at the same time that the ball was received. Thats Legal. Maybe he was looking at his hands, maybe up, maybe down.... but was his goal to Ram his helmet no matter the cost.... I highly doubt it.

DESH

Look at it this way, the Pats started this journey by beating the rams and full circle they will finish beating the rams. Pats win I see both Brady and Bellachek retiring..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Hitting him wasn’t an accident... but the Helmet to Helmet contact was... He admitted to trying to hit him at the same time that the ball was received. Thats Legal. Maybe he was looking at his hands, maybe up, maybe down.... but was his goal to Ram his helmet no matter the cost.... I highly doubt it.

This is hardly the first guy that's been fined this year for a helmet to helmet hit after the fact. This isn't going away. Guys that don't control themselves when tackling are going to get fined. When you launch yourself at a guy you lose control and this happens. Hey, we had one of the most notorious hitters ever in James Harrison. He changed his game after he finally figured out they weren't trying to pick on just him. These guys need to figure it out.

JAGS

Hooked
Look at it this way, the Pats started this journey by beating the rams and full circle they will finish beating the rams. Pats win I see both Brady and Bellachek retiring..

That’s the rumor. Win and out. If they don’t win, they will haunt for another year. As much as I hate them, it’s because they are so good and took out my two AFC teams, raiders and colts on the regular.

Send them off in high fashion. Let the rest of the league finally have a chance to play.

Rams would just have an * by the win anyways. Lol.

JAGS

Hooked
If Brady goes, so does Gronkowski. I think they win and all three should retire on a high note.

Yup, read this last week. All three out and the secret handshake with OC to take over for Bele. That’s why he didn’t leave this past offseason at the last minute.

Read it all online, must be true. :)

DESH

Exactly!! He is patiently waiting to step in those big shoes.. Gronk goes too... he’s been talking about how he hasn’t touch his contract money and always having a backup plan..

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Brady said he's going to play until he's 45...and I don't see why not. However, I think Gronk is about to play his last game, regardless of the outcome of the game.

You could be correct. He was fun to watch though and a hell of an athlete, especially for someone his size. I think he brought respect to a position that sadly gets overlooked. A big, athletic tight end that can block, catch, and make a few moves post-catch is something to be feared by most defenses.

Brute

Hooked
You could be correct. He was fun to watch though and a hell of an athlete, especially for someone his size. I think he brought respect to a position that sadly gets overlooked. A big, athletic tight end that can block, catch, and make a few moves post-catch is something to be feared by most defenses.

In his injury free prime, he was a matchup nightmare...send him out wide and some poor corner will have to cover him; in the slot on drag routes across the middle, most linebackers could not cover him; and when he caught the ball, most safeties did not want to tackle him...

When the Pats had the thug Hernandez on the team, they were an unstoppable tight end duo...and the league began to try to duplicate the athletic, big, pass catching tight end...

This should be an entertaining game on Sunday...and if I was to put money on it, I would not be betting against Brady...

Top Bottom