NFL 2018 - Armchair Quarterbacks

JAGS

Hooked
If you’re on the wrong side of the call it was 100% terrible. If you’re on the other side, you got help. Can we not argue whether or not the call was terrible. It was. In slo mo or sped up mo, it was blatant. AND it was at a crucial time in the game in a crucial game.

Now the decision is which side of my pride to suppress. Cheer for Brady to win and fuck the rams. Or cheer for the rams and fuck Brady.

Hard call......unlike the PIs.

Who Dat (refs)

Brute

Hooked
I don’t think that was questionable.. and it very well may have changed the outcome for the Steelers.... and the Saints home field advantage on Sunday.

But I think we can agree it’s not the players fault and there should be reviews for plays like this.

Robey-Coleman admitted to committing pass interference since he was beat on the route...he felt it was a better alternative than giving up a td...and was surprised that it wasn't called...

Ddays

Hooked
An easy fix for all of this mess:

At every game there is an overseer official at every stadium watching the same telecast we all watch. He has a big red button and every official on the field wears an earpiece.

If the on-field officials miss a call he hits the red button and a hot dog launcher spits a flag onto the field and he yells into the earpieces what the call was or should have been.
Ex: The blatantly missed PI call against the Saints

If the official makes the wrong call: same thing and he has the juice to overturn the call if he sees something on the replays that the guys missed from his point of view.
Ex: The roughing the passer call on Brady that actually wasn't.

To make it work, the overseer official can hold play until he sees the same replays we all see so they can;t rush to the line of scrimmage and get a play off before he gets the chance to watch the replays.

Thoughts?

Brute

Hooked

At every game there is an overseer official at every stadium watching the same telecast we all watch. He has a big red button and every official on the field wears an earpiece.

If the on-field officials miss a call he hits the red button and a hot dog launcher spits a flag onto the field and he yells into the earpieces what the call was or should have been.

If the official makes the wrong call: same thing and he has the juice to overturn the call if he sees something on the replays that the guys missed from his point of view.

To make it work, the overseer official can hold play until he sees the same replays we all see so they can;t rush to the line of scrimmage and get a play off before he gets the chance to watch the replays.

Thoughts?

I think the red button should send a massive electrical shock to the official making/missing the call to promote better judgement...

Brute

Hooked
If you’re on the wrong side of the call it was 100% terrible. If you’re on the other side, you got help. Can we not argue whether or not the call was terrible. It was. In slo mo or sped up mo, it was blatant. AND it was at a crucial time in the game in a crucial game.

Now the decision is which side of my pride to suppress. Cheer for Brady to win and fuck the rams. Or cheer for the rams and fuck Brady.

Hard call......unlike the PIs.

Who Dat (refs)

Needless to say...that back judge did not party it up in the French Quarter that night...

TrailHunter

Hooked

Thoughts?

I agree with this... In a couple of weeks We will all Thank the Rams for this much needed change and for Beating the Patriots in the Superbowl! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That was a questionable call...the no call in the NFC championship game wasn't even close to being questionable...

I agree, and the more I watch it, the more I think the no-call on Sunday should have been a personal foul for intentional helmet to helmet contact. That DB admitted he was beat and he was trying to blow the receiver up to prevent a touchdown. He was trying to take the penalty to avoid the TD.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I agree with this... In a couple of weeks We will all Thank the Rams for this much needed change and for Beating the Patriots in the Superbowl! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pats are going to win.

On another note, it looks like some lovely Chiefs fan may have been shining a green laser on Brady's face several times during the 4th quarter. People suck. I hope they catch the guy and he gets charged with assault and battery. Better yet, they should strip his ass down and drop him in the middle of New England with a sign on his back.

Ddays

Hooked
Pats are going to win.

On another note, it looks like some lovely Chiefs fan may have been shining a green laser on Brady's face several times during the 4th quarter. People suck. I hope they catch the guy and he gets charged with assault and battery. Better yet, they should strip his ass down and drop him in the middle of New England with a sign on his back.

I just came across this today. Unbelievable but sadly not surprising in the time we live in. Hard to believe this could be missed by the security people watching the crowd. A green laser should have stood out pretty well in that sea of red.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I agree, and the more I watch it, the more I think the no-call on Sunday should have been a personal foul for intentional helmet to helmet contact. That DB admitted he was beat and he was trying to blow the receiver up to prevent a touchdown. He was trying to take the penalty to avoid the TD.

He said it wasn’t his guy and when he saw him open he charged him... when he saw his hands go up, he hit him hoping for a Legal Bang Bang play because he thought the ball was there... The CB was playing football... not malicious at all. Just bad timing. (In Slo Mo) lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
He said it wasn’t his guy and when he saw him open he charged him... when he saw his hands go up, he hit him hoping for a Legal Bang Bang play because he thought the ball was there... The CB was playing football... not malicious at all. Just bad timing. (In Slo Mo) lol

There are plenty of plays (even personal fouls) that are considered "normal" within the game but are, nonetheless, a violation of the rules. I never said that he wasn't playing football, or that he was being malicious and intentionally trying to hurt another player. He knowingly took a risk and it worked out in his favor.

It was a no brainer interference call though, and arguably a personal foul.

Brute

Hooked

There are plenty of plays (even personal fouls) that are considered "normal" within the game but are, nonetheless, a violation of the rules. I never said that he wasn't playing football, or that he was being malicious and intentionally trying to hurt another player. He knowingly took a risk and it worked out in his favor.

Arguing with an attorney is less fruitful than arguing with your wife...

TrailHunter

Hooked

No doubt... I’m probably one of the few lifetime Rams fans here... and I can tell you, this whole thing sucks donkey dicks.... I didn’t get to enjoy or celebrate that win like I should have... Especially after such an awesome season... As soon as the call wasn’t made, I was miserable because I knew this would happen. Too much drama at this point to even enjoy the Super bowl like I did in 2000 and 2002. I’ll still do my best to rub in a Patriot defeat though. [emoji23]

Arguing with an attorney is less fruitful than arguing with your wife...

Agreed... I’m out.. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Top Bottom