New evo high and tight rear bumper

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To each his own. I know from growing up on a farm that when you wanna haul heavy you don't use the oem hitch. You add a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guess when you grow up on a farm, you learn to cut off structural parts of a frame that an OEM receiver is bolted to just so that you can allow your frame to distort and install something you "believe" is better. Clearly, to each his own.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

chuck79

And then I got a degree in engineering. The deflection occurs when the weight is on the wheels. When properly supported on the frame deflection is negligible. Then weld in a better crossmember. Done.

chuck79

Correct. But comparatively the oem 14g or so cannot compare to heavier boxed steel in the same location. I do not haul with the jeep. Maybe a utility trailer I built.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And then I got a degree in engineering.

LOL!! What a surprise. I'm so impressed [emoji23]

The deflection occurs when the weight is on the wheels. When properly supported on the frame deflection is negligible. Then weld in a better crossmember. Done.

Yeah, I'm just a mall crawler and far from being the badass that you are. If I were, I'd probably want to cut off a structural cross member that is officially tow rated, install something that looks like ass, has no tow rating and call it "better" too. [emoji39]

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not an engineer nor did I grow up on a farm, but I don't think I could cut out an OEM crossmember regardless. Just not my thing I guess.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Correct. But comparatively the oem 14g or so cannot compare to heavier boxed steel in the same location. I do not haul with the jeep. Maybe a utility trailer I built.

Yup, just double checked 4wheelparts, the owners of Poison Spyder and see no tow rating for their cross member. Being that it's so much better, I wonder why that is.

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
To each his own. I know from growing up on a farm that when you wanna haul heavy you don't use the oem hitch. You add a better one.

That's funny, how much heavy hauling have you done from a bumper or hitch receiver? Most heavy hauling I know of is done with gooseneck trailers or better yet tractor trailers.

IMG_3945.jpg

I heavy hauled. Lol. That's with the factory hitch also.

And then I got a degree in engineering.WAYALIFE mobile app

And there it is. Seems like they are always Engineers. Kind of like every stripper is pre med or pre vet. They always say that but they are dumb as hell.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Which is pointless.

I agree. While the EVO high and tight bumper LOOKS good, having to cut out the cross-member is a deal breaker. Especially being that there's so many other great options for bumpers that KEEP the factory cross-member. Oh well, to each their own. I just know who I won't be following if they're towing a trailer :crazyeyes:

chuck79

Like Eddie said. Cutting it out and bolting on c Chanel bumper is probably not a good idea. But the psc crossmember built from heavier steel and welded into the same place is probably not that bad of an idea.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Like Eddie said. Cutting it out and bolting on c Chanel bumper is probably not a good idea. But the psc crossmember built from heavier steel and welded into the same place is probably not that bad of an idea.

But what I'm saying, is it's pointless to replace something that has no point to being replaced. The engine will limit what you can tow long before the cross-member will.

Top Bottom