My next move..

benatc1

Hooked
I do, since I now have no plans of modding this jeep…except maybe bumpers and a winch…and 37’s
That’s good to know, it makes a hard pill to swallow even harder but there seems like there is still a lot of value there, even with some mild mods

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Anyone know order wait time for a 392 these days? Will have to call around.
About 4-5 months sounds right.

as far as I’m aware, XR is no longer available for order. Several of the colors do actually available do not match online configurator either.

benatc1

Hooked
About 4-5 months sounds right.

as far as I’m aware, XR is no longer available for order. Several of the colors do actually available do not match online configurator either.
I think the XR came back for 2023 model. Definitely went away though. ButI could be wrong, That’s interesting about the colors, my plan is to go black with whatever I get

benatc1

Hooked
You could not do that.
Yea buuut. Meh. It’ll still be 10 or more years old and only worth about 30 grand after dumping all that into it.
You could build a JK on 60's & 40's with a V8 Swap cheaper than that.
I considered this for a minute, but even with a cheap ass 2007 JK is still more money, arguably more performance, but definitely not as nice and would leave me wanting newer I think. Idk, but Dan is right, the value would be way lower in the back end.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I considered this for a minute, but even with a cheap ass 2007 JK is still more money, arguably more performance, but definitely not as nice and would leave me wanting newer I think. Idk, but Dan is right, the value would be way lower in the back end.
But 93k... then taxes....interest.... a lift... wheels... tires... skids, sliders, carrier, steering upgrades.. etc... You know the routine. You'll be into it 140k+ before you know it.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
A little late to the discussion but I vote for option 1. 392 seems pretty awesome all around. Shoot I think Jeep made a mistake of not offering it on the JT. I’d sell my current JT for a JT 392 in a heartbeat and probably not mod it besides tires.

benatc1

Hooked
But 93k... then taxes....interest.... a lift... wheels... tires... skids, sliders, carrier, steering upgrades.. etc... You know the routine. You'll be into it 140k+ before you know it.
Dave Ramsey would not approve. But we all would. lol
One thing that keeps clouding my mind is I could pick up a rubicon gasser and do my build for around the same price as a stock 392. but downside is then you still have a 3.6, which is probably enough, and up upgrade later will be certainly more for the road. 🤷‍♂️

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
One thing that keeps clouding my mind is I could pick up a rubicon gasser and do my build for around the same price as a stock 392. but downside is then you still have a 3.6, which is probably enough, and up upgrade later will be certainly more for the road. 🤷‍♂️
I bet if you found a way to test drive one there wouldn’t be much of a decision to make.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Don't get me wrong, I think the 392 is Bad Ass (and support you 100% if you can afford it) .... BUT...... I think you'll create just as many awesome memories with your family in a 3.6 on 38's.

Top Bottom