Lost one of best friends

FFPulley77

Hooked
Damn, that hurts to lose a 4 legged friend like that. I lost one suddenly to a snake bite a few years ago, still miss that lil dude. The upshot is all these people here and their outpouring of support. That shows there are still great people in this world.
Keep your head up and keep moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail Bud

Hooked
Damn, that hurts to lose a 4 legged friend like that. I lost one suddenly to a snake bite a few years ago, still miss that lil dude. The upshot is all these people here and their outpouring of support. That shows there are still great people in this world.
Keep your head up and keep moving forward.

Hey FFPulley77,
Thanks for the kind words.
Snake bite would be a tough way to go for you and him. I’m sorry for your loss too.
You’re right a lot of support and good people here.
Take care.

Trail Bud, I'm really sorry to hear that. Life can be cruel, for sure. A few months ago, our pitbull developed a limp. Turns out she had a massive tumor. Vet said there was nothing we could do to do improve her short life from that point. I sat on the floor and fed her snacks while they injected her, bawling like a baby. I still miss her all time. I'm fighting tears just typing this. All we can do is live our lives with respect and remembrance for the joy we shared with them.

Sent from my SM-N970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail Bud

Hooked
Trail Bud, I'm really sorry to hear that. Life can be cruel, for sure. A few months ago, our pitbull developed a limp. Turns out she had a massive tumor. Vet said there was nothing we could do to do improve her short life from that point. I sat on the floor and fed her snacks while they injected her, bawling like a baby. I still miss her all time. I'm fighting tears just typing this. All we can do is live our lives with respect and remembrance for the joy we shared with them.

Sent from my SM-N970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry for your loss. What sucks was dizzy needed a double kidney transplant to be normal again. They don’t do that for dogs. My son was ready to pay.
I was the same as you, laying in the floor with him, looking into his eyes until he was gone. I closed his eyes and laid there a few minutes with him. I was crying too. Still real emotional. I see what you write and I get choked up.
Thanks for the post.
Take care.

Dale72

Hooked
Very sorry to hear about this. Like most on here I haven't met you in person yet just thru the videos. Hope everything goes well at the doctor's. Praying for you

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Reading your post just tore me up.

Though we've never met, I feel a certain connection to all the regular members of our far flung Jeep family.

I feel for you, loosing your best friend like that, and at what sounds like the time when you needed him there beside you the most.
Nothing any of us can do to fix it, hut hopefully well wishes from so many members of this family will help ease the pain somewhat.

While you are grieving for Dizzy, don't forget to take care of yourself. It sounds like there are many here in a position to lend a hand, and ear, or a shoulder to lean on.

Best wishes to you, and take care so one day we can meet on the trail in better times.

duktrx

While we have never met, I do know that you are an integral part of this ragtag family. The loss of a four legged family member is one of the most difficult things to have to endure. I feel your pain. After reading through this thread, I am confident Dizzy had one heck of a welcoming party just across the rainbow bridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I hope you are feeling a little better today, you won’t ever want to stop remembering him, just turn your memories to the great friend he was/is, just like we all feel about each other in the other thread. You are a better person for having him in your life and never let the good times go, just remember him and smile. Well wishes for your trip to the doctor

Trail Bud

Hooked
Reading your post just tore me up.

Though we've never met, I feel a certain connection to all the regular members of our far flung Jeep family.

I feel for you, loosing your best friend like that, and at what sounds like the time when you needed him there beside you the most.
Nothing any of us can do to fix it, hut hopefully well wishes from so many members of this family will help ease the pain somewhat.

While you are grieving for Dizzy, don't forget to take care of yourself. It sounds like there are many here in a position to lend a hand, and ear, or a shoulder to lean on.

Best wishes to you, and take care so one day we can meet on the trail in better times.

Hey jfofmemi,
Thank you for the post. Your line: “when you needed him there beside you the most.” Got me, it’s weird certain things I crumble. It will get better.
Answering the post here is helping. Slot of amazing people here, and you are one of them. I look forward to the day of meeting you.
Take care.

Trail Bud

Hooked
While we have never met, I do know that you are an integral part of this ragtag family. The loss of a four legged family member is one of the most difficult things to have to endure. I feel your pain. After reading through this thread, I am confident Dizzy had one heck of a welcoming party just across the rainbow bridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hi duktrx,
Thank you for writing. This is helping me though this. I agree the 4 legged friends
Hurt the most, because they ask for nothing but love and affection. Again I got choked up on your rainbow bridge comment. I agree with the party. You take care.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Like many others, I’ve never met you in person, though I’ve seen you in many of Eddie’s videos. I’m truly very sorry for your loss and can’t imagine what it feels like to lose a pup like that. My thoughts are with you and wish you all the hope and happiness in the future. Hang in there. Aloha 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Trail Bud

Hooked
Like many others, I’ve never met you in person, though I’ve seen you in many of Eddie’s videos. I’m truly very sorry for your loss and can’t imagine what it feels like to lose a pup like that. My thoughts are with you and wish you all the hope and happiness in the future. Hang in there. Aloha 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thank you for your sympathies. It’s hard right, now but this helps. You take care.

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry to hear about Dizzy, dogs are 100% our best friends and no matter our mood, they give us their all.

We lost our little girl Dec 2019 but recently found one of her toys she had placed in one of the suitcases I use (for some reason she decided I needed one of her toys when I traveled and begin putting a toy in my suitcase everytime she saw I was packing) brought a tear to my eye and at the same time filled my heart with joy of her memory.

While physically gone, Dizzy will never leave your side and will always be there with you, this I know.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Sorry to hear about Dizzy, dogs are 100% our best friends and no matter our mood, they give us their all.

We lost our little girl Dec 2019 but recently found one of her toys she had placed in one of the suitcases I use (for some reason she decided I needed one of her toys when I traveled and begin putting a toy in my suitcase everytime she saw I was packing) brought a tear to my eye and at the same time filled my heart with joy of her memory.

While physically gone, Dizzy will never leave your side and will always be there with you, this I know.

Thanks for your comments jeeeep,
I’m sorry for your loss. Kinda the same happened, I’ve been gathering up his stuff. He has an estate, so much stuff, and I found a old favorite toy.
Had to stop and just think.
I like that you take his toy with you. I’m doing the same with his collar. It’s all I have left.
You take care.

BaddestCross

So sorry for your loss. In the last 8 months I've had to let go of the best dog I've ever had and my father. I've grieved more for my dog. Kinda harsh, but true.

As others have said, don't let your pain over your loss keep you from taking care of yourself. Another major change for us has been leaving a toxic environment to enable us to live our best life. Identify what is stressing you out and kick it to the curb. It's never too late to start over.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom