Let’s See How Smoky it is Near You

FREE2GO

Northern New Mexico has been a mess. Smoke from CA and CO plus one about 10 miles from my place. Another started this past week in the Jemez. Nothing like air that tastes like a campfire and ash falling from the sky. [emoji13] 20200818_154133.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
This was Santa Fe a couple days ago with our smoke show from the north east of us, and a night shot of the one to our west. It’s been fairly clear for the past couple days but you can still smell it in the air.

IMG_4370.jpg IMG_4402.jpg IMG_4355.jpg IMG_4359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material producing heat and light with smoke as a by product (hence why visibility is so low in a lot of CA). If one moves to close to a fire the heat will be more than the human skin can withstand and several degrees of burns can occur. 1st degree burn-reddening and mild blistering of the skin (sun burn), 2nd degree burn-blistering and burns through the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues (the most painful), 3rd degree burn-burns that are full thickness with charing and damage to nerves (less painful than second degree burns due to nerve loss), 4th degree burns-full thickness burns with charring of bone. The humans hand is equivalent to 1% of their body mass. Use this as a tool to estimate the approximate area burned. If one suffers a full circumferential burn to an extremity, burns to the face, respiratory system, hands, or perineum (your junk). The patient should be taken to a burn center immediately.

Hope this helps with your travels. Stay safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
To much fire could result in this..
IMG_0504.jpg DSC01117.jpg
Edit: As not to offend this is the enemy not a US warfighter.

Last edited:

FREE2GO

This was Santa Fe a couple days ago with our smoke show from the north east of us, and a night shot of the one to our west. It’s been fairly clear for the past couple days but you can still smell it in the air.

View attachment 352551 View attachment 352552 View attachment 352553 View attachment 352554

Oh, wow. Thanks for posting the photos. I haven't been able to see the actual fire, just the smoke plume.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Oh, wow. Thanks for posting the photos. I haven't been able to see the actual fire, just the smoke plume.

The night I could see the flames was pretty cool. Luckily the smoke hasn’t been too bad in town the past couple days. It never used to but the smoke really jacks my allergies lately.

FREE2GO

The night I could see the flames was pretty cool. Luckily the smoke hasn’t been too bad in town the past couple days. It never used to but the smoke really jacks my allergies lately.

Santa Fe jacks with my allergies year-round. Still can't figure out how I can have allergies in the winter when everything is either dead or dormant. [emoji849] It is nice to be able to be outdoors again.

Jsouder53

Hooked
My friend just took this picture from their house. This is on a heavily trafficked trail just outside of Bozeman. My guess is it’s been started by people IMG_6842.jpg

At about 6pm it looked like this from my house
(Bozeman is hidden behind the hill in front of the M on the mountainside)
Adjustments.jpg IMG_6840.jpg

jdofmemi

New fire near Oak Glen today, down the hill from Big Bear.

Its growing fast.

Pictures taken 5 miles from my house.

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_191725_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200905_191725_copy_800x600.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200905_192011_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200905_192011_copy_800x600.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 100

Jsouder53

Hooked
That’s crazy to see. Did it ever come over the ridge to your side?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

No, it mostly stayed on the other side of the ridge. I believe it started on our side yesterday tho, but just exploded on the other side last night and today.

Jsouder53

Hooked
The fire near Shaver Lake, started last night, is now reported to be over 36,000 acres🤯[emoji33][emoji24]

That’s crazy!!! We had a windy day today which I think the fire near us is bigger than they report

Just read, it’s now at 11,000 acres and it started yesterday at about 5pm

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
The fire near Shaver Lake, started last night, is now reported to be over 36,000 acres🤯😱😭

I was packed and ready to leave Shaver Lake at 5:00 am last Saturday night...power was off at the place we were staying, and when I walked outside, I could smell smoke and a few flakes of ash coming down. Went to Shaver Lake Gas, only place that had lights (assuming a generator), and found out from a few people there that a fire started in Big Creek...very glad everyone in our group got out of Shaver Lake...the fire has now consumed over 73,000 acres...and counting.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Last night, taken from my backyard. Ash all over the place this morning. IMG_4230.jpg

Top Bottom