Let’s See How Smoky it is Near You

Brute

Hooked
You almost cannot see the Strip from my backyard in the hills above Henderson...wondering if this is from the Creek Fire...took this photo just now

Attachments

• D1A7B9CE-0A0F-4911-94C3-715CE8908E26.jpg
    D1A7B9CE-0A0F-4911-94C3-715CE8908E26.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 108

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was packed and ready to leave Shaver Lake at 5:00 am last Saturday night...power was off at the place we were staying, and when I walked outside, I could smell smoke and a few flakes of ash coming down. Went to Shaver Lake Gas, only place that had lights (assuming a generator), and found out from a few people there that a fire started in Big Creek...very glad everyone in our group got out of Shaver Lake...the fire has now consumed over 73,000 acres...and counting.

That's Insane. Glad you guys got out.

J Ro

This is the El Dorado fire taken yesterday and last night on the way home. They’ve evacuated everything around us. Just waiting to see if we have to. Pretty crazy around here.

IMG_7859.jpg IMG_7858.jpg IMG_7864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
I was packed and ready to leave Shaver Lake at 5:00 am last Saturday night...power was off at the place we were staying, and when I walked outside, I could smell smoke and a few flakes of ash coming down. Went to Shaver Lake Gas, only place that had lights (assuming a generator), and found out from a few people there that a fire started in Big Creek...very glad everyone in our group got out of Shaver Lake...the fire has now consumed over 73,000 acres...and counting.

That’s insane! Glad you guys got out!

jdofmemi

Pictures don’t really show how bad it is but here are a few from this weekend.

View attachment 352896

View attachment 352897

View attachment 352898

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
You are right, pictures don't do it justice, but it is making my eyes burn just looking at them.

This is the El Dorado fire taken yesterday and last night on the way home. They’ve evacuated everything around us. Just waiting to see if we have to. Pretty crazy around here.

View attachment 352888 View attachment 352889 View attachment 352890

Stay safe there.

Looks like another bad one.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Another from SF. My brother took it this morning. IMG_4238.jpg

bmkrinne

SF was like a post apocalyptic scene especially driving through it. The streets were almost dark with a bright reddish orange glow from the sky. It was weird!

black pearl

Hooked
SF was like a post apocalyptic scene especially driving through it. The streets were almost dark with a bright reddish orange glow from the sky. It was weird!

Today was definitely strange feeling in the Bay Area. I used a flashlight at work till almost 10am. I took this at three between Petaluma and Sonoma. IMG_4278.jpg you can kinda see the base of the mountain, barley a half mile away. I just kept waiting for sunrise. Got a dawn look about 7:30 pm though.

benatc1

Hooked
All those pics of san fran are crazy, need some rain, we've been getting the smoke pretty bad up here in Reno, but I'm sure glad we aren't burning up here

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1Placerville

Rubicon

The Rubicon is closed due to a fire.
These California national forests were closed at 5 p.m. on Monday until further notice

Stanislaus National Forest
Sierra National Forest
Sequoia National Forest
Inyo National Forest
Los Padres National Forest
Angeles National Forest
San Bernardino National Forest
Cleveland National Forest

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The Rubicon is closed due to a fire.
These California national forests were closed at 5 p.m. on Monday until further notice

Stanislaus National Forest
Sierra National Forest
Sequoia National Forest
Inyo National Forest
Los Padres National Forest
Angeles National Forest
San Bernardino National Forest
Cleveland National Forest

All National Forests in CA are currently closed until further notice.

Top Bottom