Let’s See How Smoky it is Near You

CalSgt

Hooked
Dropping down the hill into my home town today @ 1:30 PM

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

This is about 7 miles from my house, this whole edge of the valley burned up last night

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 1.50.41 PM.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I'm heading down to Henderson Wednesday, taking the 84 through northeast Oregon down to Twin Falls, then taking the 93 to Las Vegas, picking up the JK6 in Henderson...then taking the 15 through Barstow , the 58 through Bakersfield...heading north through Fresno on the 99...eventually ending up in Shaver Lake...anything I should be aware of fire-wise?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm heading down to Henderson Wednesday, taking the 84 through northeast Oregon down to Twin Falls, then taking the 93 to Las Vegas, picking up the JK6 in Henderson...then taking the 15 through Barstow , the 58 through Bakersfield...heading north through Fresno on the 99...eventually ending up in Shaver Lake...anything I should be aware of fire-wise?

Is dusy open? I want to run that again but definitely not in 2 days like last time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material producing heat and light with smoke as a by product (hence why visibility is so low in a lot of CA). If one moves to close to a fire the heat will be more than the human skin can withstand and several degrees of burns can occur. 1st degree burn-reddening and mild blistering of the skin (sun burn), 2nd degree burn-blistering and burns through the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues (the most painful), 3rd degree burn-burns that are full thickness with charing and damage to nerves (less painful than second degree burns due to nerve loss), 4th degree burns-full thickness burns with charring of bone. The humans hand is equivalent to 1% of their body mass. Use this as a tool to estimate the approximate area burned. If one suffers a full circumferential burn to an extremity, burns to the face, respiratory system, hands, or perineum (your junk). The patient should be taken to a burn center immediately.

Hope this helps with your travels. Stay safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material producing heat and light with smoke as a by product (hence why visibility is so low in a lot of CA). If one moves to close to a fire the heat will be more than the human skin can withstand and several degrees of burns can occur. 1st degree burn-reddening and mild blistering of the skin (sun burn), 2nd degree burn-blistering and burns through the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues (the most painful), 3rd degree burn-burns that are full thickness with charing and damage to nerves (less painful than second degree burns due to nerve loss), 4th degree burns-full thickness burns with charring of bone. The humans hand is equivalent to 1% of their body mass. Use this as a tool to estimate the approximate area burned. If one suffers a full circumferential burn to an extremity, burns to the face, respiratory system, hands, or perineum (your junk). The patient should be taken to a burn center immediately.

So what you’re saying is I shouldn’t burn myself...thank you for the help...I’m going to light the grill now...

WJCO

Meme King

Thank you, Captain TMI.

jesse3638

Hooked
So what you’re saying is I shouldn’t burn myself...thank you for the help...I’m going to light the grill now...
I found a charcoal chimney works much better than charcoal lighter fluid. Just be careful of the embers which may fall out of the bottom. I know how you Hawaiians frown upon shoes...haha.
Thank you, Captain TMI.
Thats former captain, just a boot fireman again. So much better than being in charge.
"Don't burn your taint."

Understood. :thumb:
That is correct.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
View of downtown LA from my hotel room a few days ago. Smokey but not much more crap in the air than usual I would say lol IMG_3397.jpg

Another coming down the I-5 toward Bakersfield.
IMG_3398.jpg

Top Bottom