Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

duktrx

Man I don’t know about all this, I like bread and sweets

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I read an article a few weeks ago, that sourdough based breads, vs yeast based, are better for gut health and if made with sprouted grains help regulate blood sugar levels. The huge swings in blood sugar levels contributes to the crappie feeling from excessive carb intake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I read an article a few weeks ago, that sourdough based breads, vs yeast based, are better for gut health and if made with sprouted grains help regulate blood sugar levels. The huge swings in blood sugar levels contributes to the crappie feeling from excessive carb intake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

This true... I was making my own sourdough for a while.. its not easy, but kinda fun. If you buy sourdough from the store, it should have like 3 ingredients... If not, its fake and has no health benefits.

Threepointsix

Bread, you can eat, though should be very limited to one serving or a less processed brand like Ezekiel or real sour dough. Processed sweets, on the other hard, are no good at all. But fruit is a good substitute because it has nutritional benefits such as lower sugar than cookies or candy. And the fiber and micronutrients a body needs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m still waiting on 320lbs in plates from some outfit out of Wyoming called Ad4m. They have had my money for a month and, so far, the promises of delivery have been empty. I’m about to unleash a bit of hell on them.

JPast

Good to see people taking their fitness and nutrition seriously. I kinda fall on the other side of the spectrum from most of you, been very underweight most my life. Been consistent in the gym for a while, but never really saw any gains even while eating healthy until about 6-7 months ago when I started tracking macros and realized even though I did eat well I wasn’t eating nearly enough. Gained about 20lbs since I started tracking and finally feel healthy and strong.

WJCO

Meme King
I think I'm going to get one of these for Christmas.

71hYez5berL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Any of you guys have the Powerblock adjustable dumbbells or something comparable to that? I'm considering those as well but don't want to spend the money if they're pieces of shit.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I have had powerblocks for 12 years and use them at least 5 times a week and love them. I also have the dip/pull-up rack and love it also. Good luck finding powerblocks right now. I am looking to upgrade to their pro series 90 pounders and everyone is sold out.

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I’ve had a set of powerblocks for 2-3 years and they have been great. Use them almost daily and have never had a problem. Still work the same as when I got them.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have had powerblocks for 12 years and use them at least 5 times a week and love them. I also have the dip/pull-up rack and love it also. Good luck finding powerblocks right now. I am looking to upgrade to their pro series 90 pounders and everyone is sold out.

Workout equipment of all types are sold out. I've had several coworkers try to buy stuff only to see its sold out. I guess thays what happens when gyms are deemed "non essential" and have been shuttered for months.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Workout equipment of all types are sold out. I've had several coworkers try to buy stuff only to see its sold out. I guess thays what happens when gyms are deemed "non essential" and have been shuttered for months.

That, and you get raped with markups. I just paid an arm and a leg for 320lbs in cast iron olympic plates.

TrailHunter

Hooked

That, and you get raped with markups. I just paid an arm and a leg for 320lbs in cast iron olympic plates.

A few months back my wife wanted a Concept2 rower... Concept & Rogue were months out on a waiting list.. So I thought, I’ll get a used one, how hard could it be... Fuck me.. It felt like I was buying illegal firearms on the black market... After weeks of dealing with some shady characters, I Finally got a barely used one with a $200 markup. I was packin when I made the purchase.. lol

A few months back my wife wanted a Concept2 rower... Concept & Rogue were months out on a waiting list.. So I thought, I’ll get a used one, how hard could it be... Fuck me.. It felt like I was buying illegal firearms on the black market... After weeks of dealing with some shady characters, I Finally got a barely used one with a $200 markup. I was packin when I made the purchase.. lol

Just did 4K on mine right now. Great investment. [emoji106]

Top Bottom