Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure if anyone has done intermittent fasting, but I made a decision to try it on September 18th. I've been doing it almost every day now for 5 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds. I haven't lost much muscle mass at all. I've been making sure and eating plenty of protein during meal times. I still drink some alcohol once or twice a week and still eat a nice 'cheat' meal at least once a week but then I get right back in the routine for the following days. I have a long hour desk job and I've done little exercise although I know I should be doing more. I'm really surprised this 'fasting' thing has worked out as well as it has as I was very skeptical at first but wanted to get in better shape so I said "fuck it; let's try it." The last time I lost weight like this was 14 years ago and then I felt like I deprived myself and was tired all the time. With this current plan, I feel great. It took my body about 3 days to get used to it but since then I've felt better than I've felt in at least 5 years. As far as meal content, I'm just trying to cut out most sugars (including refined shit like in breads). Other than that I'm not really following any food plan. I plan on doing some weights again once I lose another 10 pounds or so.

If anyone is curious or has thought about this trendy 'intermittent fasting' thing, I'll be happy to answer any questions of what has or hasn't worked for me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not sure if anyone has done intermittent fasting, but I made a decision to try it on September 18th. I've been doing it almost every day now for 5 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds. I haven't lost much muscle mass at all. I've been making sure and eating plenty of protein during meal times. I still drink some alcohol once or twice a week and still eat a nice 'cheat' meal at least once a week but then I get right back in the routine for the following days. I have a long hour desk job and I've done little exercise although I know I should be doing more. I'm really surprised this 'fasting' thing has worked out as well as it has as I was very skeptical at first but wanted to get in better shape so I said "fuck it; let's try it." The last time I lost weight like this was 14 years ago and then I felt like I deprived myself and was tired all the time. With this current plan, I feel great. It took my body about 3 days to get used to it but since then I've felt better than I've felt in at least 5 years. As far as meal content, I'm just trying to cut out most sugars (including refined shit like in breads). Other than that I'm not really following any food plan. I plan on doing some weights again once I lose another 10 pounds or so.

If anyone is curious or has thought about this trendy 'intermittent fasting' thing, I'll be happy to answer any questions of what has or hasn't worked for me.

Glad it’s working for you Doug. Are you keeping your hydration level up as well?

I have never personally liked the idea of fasting or even a diet like keto. In my little experience with nutrition you are depriving your body.

I personally eat about 3-4K calories a day and burn that much between work and exercise. Calorie intake and balance is key to weight loss. I personally have lost 30 lbs in the last 9 months but have gained muscle mass in the process. Went from 250 post knee surgery to now 220.

WJCO

Meme King
Glad it’s working for you Doug. Are you keeping your hydration level up as well?

Yep. Absolutely.

I have never personally liked the idea of fasting or even a diet like keto. In my little experience with nutrition you are depriving your body.

I lost about 50 pounds in 6 months 14 years ago and I was definitely depriving my body. I was happy to lose the weight but constantly felt starving because my calorie intake was so low and it wasn't healthy at all. I was also doing a ton of cardio on top of it and I was worn out. I knew I couldn't do that again. What I'm doing now is just not eating during certain a certain timeframe. But when I do eat, I eat plenty of calories. Once I hit my baseline, I will be eating more often and even more calories. As far as the keto thing, I'm not doing that but I a lot of what I do eat certainly falls into the 'keto diet' category.

I personally eat about 3-4K calories a day and burn that much between work and exercise. Calorie intake and balance is key to weight loss. I personally have lost 30 lbs in the last 9 months but have gained muscle mass in the process. Went from 250 post knee surgery to now 220.

Congrats on the loss and gain. That's awesome. Honestly if I worked on my feet or did lifting during work, I wouldn't be on this plan for sure.

Slimebones

Good for you. Two factors...........proper mindset......no more beer in the fridge!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yep. Absolutely.

I lost about 50 pounds in 6 months 14 years ago and I was definitely depriving my body. I was happy to lose the weight but constantly felt starving because my calorie intake was so low and it wasn't healthy at all. I was also doing a ton of cardio on top of it and I was worn out. I knew I couldn't do that again. What I'm doing now is just not eating during certain a certain timeframe. But when I do eat, I eat plenty of calories. Once I hit my baseline, I will be eating more often and even more calories. As far as the keto thing, I'm not doing that but I a lot of what I do eat certainly falls into the 'keto diet' category.

Congrats on the loss and gain. That's awesome. Honestly if I worked on my feet or did lifting during work, I wouldn't be on this plan for sure.

So is it that your not eating between say 9-5 or is it a longer timeframe? I’m glad your still eating the right amount of calories. That is key. If your depriving yourself then not eating enough than that is a different story. Your smarter than most who would deprive themselves then not eat enough on top of that.

WJCO

Meme King
So is it that your not eating between say 9-5 or is it a longer timeframe?

I eat a large QUALITY lunch and dinner. NO snacking in between. So if my dinner meal is at 5pm, I don't eat until 11-12 the next day (that's 18-19 hours of no eating!), not even creamer in the coffee. So basically I skip breakfast in simple terms. Even if I chose to eat at 9am, that, that's still a 16 hour gap. Most of that fasting time is at night when I'm sleeping (where major fat burning takes place anyways). The first few days were really hard because I like to snack late at night and my body was pretty pissed off about it. After a few days, my body adapted and I feel great.

Let's say on a Friday night, I decide to have a few beers and go to bet at 10pm. That's when I will mentally start my fasting. So on Saturday, I will really focus and not eat until like 2pm or 3pm and get my body right back into the routine. I have found though if I drink beer or eat shit like 3 nights in a row, fat or weight will increase and then I'll have to be really strict for the few days after that.

Hope all that make sense. And I don't know if this will work for everyone but that's what I'm doing and it's working so far.

Last edited:
Keep at it Doug. I’ve lost 30 pounds this year just simply skipping breakfast and bullshit snacks. (I also quit drinking 🥺) I brown bag my lunch every single day to work. Every meal I eat is home made.

I work out a lot. Always have. But this year I needed to change it up and focus on why I always felt tired and beat down and injured.

Recently just gave 75 HARD a go. It was fucking hard. It was great....to be done. lol
More of a mindset reset than anything else.

WJCO

Meme King
Keep at it Doug. I’ve lost 30 pounds this year just simply skipping breakfast and bullshit snacks. (I also quit drinking 🥺) I brown bag my lunch every single day to work. Every meal I eat is home made.

I work out a lot. Always have. But this year I needed to change it up and focus on why I always felt tired and beat down and injured.

Recently just gave 75 HARD a go. It was fucking hard. It was great....to be done. lol
More of a mindset reset than anything else.

Glad to hear someone else is seeing positive results from something similar. I just gave that 75 HARD a peak. May have to pick that up.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Yeah man, I’ve done the fasting and strongly believe in it... still do it now and then... after an early dinner that’s it until lunch... It really does make you feel better.. Gives your body time to catch up.

Early this year I was feeling like shit too often and gaining weight in all the wrong places...so I changed things up a bit... Mostly Minimized Beer to only occasional, Minimal Whiskey, No junk snacks, less carbs, cut out processed foods, minimal sugar and most important, stopped eating before bed ... plus hitting the home gym just 15-30 min a few times a week and staying hydrated.

I have this attitude now, to eat when I NEED to, not because I WANT to. I think that mental change has made the biggest difference for me.

Everybody is different... gotta figure out what works for you and stick with it. [emoji1417]

Ddays

Hooked
Mostly Minimized Beer to only occasional, Minimal Whiskey, No junk snacks, less carbs, cut out processed foods, minimal sugar and most important, stopped eating before bed .

Cutting all of the processed shit we eat out of our diets is probably the single best thing ANYONE could do. Eating the most whole, unprocessed, fresh foods you can is huge. It's amazing how it can transform your health.

Unfortunately, I gained 15 pounds back from the 45 I lost eating like this over the past couple years like a fucking dumbass.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cutting all of the processed shit we eat out of our diets is probably the single best thing ANYONE could do. Eating the most whole, unprocessed, fresh foods you can is huge. It's amazing how it can transform your health.

Unfortunately, I gained 15 pounds back from the 45 I lost eating like this over the past couple years like a fucking dumbass.

This is a huge part of my weight loss. Having a proper diet and meal plan is key to any weight loss. Cut out the snacking and sticking to proper carb and calorie intake.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I eat a large QUALITY lunch and dinner. NO snacking in between. So if my dinner meal is at 5pm, I don't eat until 11-12 the next day (that's 18-19 hours of no eating!), not even creamer in the coffee. So basically I skip breakfast in simple terms. Even if I chose to eat at 9am, that, that's still a 16 hour gap. Most of that fasting time is at night when I'm sleeping (where major fat burning takes place anyways). The first few days were really hard because I like to snack late at night and my body was pretty pissed off about it. After a few days, my body adapted and I feel great.

Let's say on a Friday night, I decide to have a few beers and go to bet at 10pm. That's when I will mentally start my fasting. So on Saturday, I will really focus and not eat until like 2pm or 3pm and get my body right back into the routine. I have found though if I drink beer or eat shit like 3 nights in a row, fat or weight will increase and then I'll have to be really strict for the few days after that.

Hope all that make sense. And I don't know if this will work for everyone but that's what I'm doing and it's working so far.

Makes total sense. As you also said everyone is different so each plan will work differently for others based on what their body needs. I personally couldn’t do the fasting or keto cause of my job and just my lifestyle. My body needs the carbs and calories.

Keep it up tho Doug!

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah man, I’ve done the fasting and strongly believe in it... still do it now and then... after an early dinner that’s it until lunch... It really does make you feel better.. Gives your body time to catch up.

Early this year I was feeling like shit too often and gaining weight in all the wrong places...so I changed things up a bit... Mostly Minimized Beer to only occasional, Minimal Whiskey, No junk snacks, less carbs, cut out processed foods, minimal sugar and most important, stopped eating before bed ... plus hitting the home gym just 15-30 min a few times a week and staying hydrated.

I have this attitude now, to eat when I NEED to, not because I WANT to. I think that mental change has made the biggest difference for me.

Everybody is different... gotta figure out what works for you and stick with it. [emoji1417]

Glad to hear you've had luck with it as well.

WJCO

Meme King
Man I don’t know about all this, I like bread and sweets

Me too. It does take discipline. Some days are better than others.

Uh-oh, better keep yer paws out of the Halloween candy!

And then there's this bullshit. Huge ass bowl of this shit on our counter right now. If I cheat, it will be beer. No way I'm missing out on beer for a candy quickie.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Congrats to you all losing weight and making progress. I’ve been wanted to get something going but just haven’t gotten in the right mindset yet... oh and I like beer too much now. Since leaving the military 5 years ago, I’ve gotten incredibly lazy (and grew to like beer a lot more), so I’ve put on 70lbs [emoji51]I gotta get moving again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom