Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

JP Girl

Jeepers who workout

Any workout routine recommendations for gaining mass & strength? I'm currently 200lb at 5'7" and have been doing a simple home workout at consisting of this http://www.building-muscle101.com/simple-home-workout.html.
I have been taking in 600 extra calories totaling 3000 via gainer but I do work in construction which burns more than most people. Am I going in the right direction? Thanks

What kind of equipment do you have at home? There are a bunch of different exercises that you can certainly add to your current workout that will help shed fat, build lean muscle, and increase growth hormone and testosterone. (If you'd like I can email you some great exercises, workouts for that... I'm a certified/licensed personal trainer and nutrition coach). Another thing to add instead of a gaining supplement (if you're not training in the right capacity, those extra calories will only be stored as fat, not muscle) that will help tremendously is Yohimbre- a natural testosterone booster, Casein protein right before bed and Vitargo Post. Vitargo is 390 calories a serving and really helps you recover after workouts and helps replenish any depleted carbs and glycogen.

Jiffy05

Skip it.

Watch stoppani's videos. If youre gonna invest in supplements look up what aids your goal. Creatine, protein and bcaa's are staples for me

That's about the same stuff that I take. I just started taking creatine about a month ago though just to try it.

joshuaj21

Good call georgi. There is a company called Advocare and they have a supp called catalyst. Pretty much all amino (BC, E, and S) plenty of glutamine and no stim. Great product...

Hilop

Caught the Bug
What kind of equipment do you have at home? There are a bunch of different exercises that you can certainly add to your current workout that will help shed fat, build lean muscle, and increase growth hormone and testosterone. (If you'd like I can email you some great exercises, workouts for that... I'm a certified/licensed personal trainer and nutrition coach). Another thing to add instead of a gaining supplement (if you're not training in the right capacity, those extra calories will only be stored as fat, not muscle) that will help tremendously is Yohimbre- a natural testosterone booster, Casein protein right before bed and Vitargo Post. Vitargo is 390 calories a serving and really helps you recover after workouts and helps replenish any depleted carbs and glycogen.
I have a basic smith machine with cable hookups for both upper and lower body as well as Olympic weights/bars & barbells. This is the routine I started this as of Monday http://www.building-muscle101.com/simple-home-workout.html. Yes, please email me paulhilo79@yahoo.com. Thank you

jbaskin28

I go to the gym 5-6 times a week. Cleaned up my diet a LOT. only supplements I'm taking currently is my pre workout, creatine (conCRETE), whey and casein proteins.

Miramontes

I'm into hiking and trail running. I signed up for my first Half Marathon. It's California's Finest City Half Marathon in San Diego.

Chris

TwistedJK

Apparently there was a black Jk parked out in front of our gym (Forever a Fitness) in Port Orange yesterday with a black Wayalife windshield banner. Interested to see if there's actually another member in my neck of the woods. He/she could've also been at the yoga studio next door too.

Lil Nasty

I've been doing Crossfit for over a year. I enjoy it because someone else is doing the thinking for me (aka programming). I like that we offer three levels of programming for a variety. I like to surround myself with like minded people and feel that is crossfit's biggest draw. It's kind of like this site in that way. Plus most of our coaches drive jk's and so do several members. I've become the jeep "coach" lol. They all ask for my advice but just like members of this forum sometimes they don't like the advice I give. Oh well.

Also I just grazed through most of the post but has anyone tried the JYM product line of supplements? I've started using them and have to say I'm liking the results so far. Nothing "magic" just does what the doctor says it does. Simple and effective.

JKWrang

For those of you jeepers who workout - ive got a powerlifting competition coming up.

Anyone ever competed here? Whatd you think?

georgi.photo

For those of you jeepers who workout - ive got a powerlifting competition coming up.

Anyone ever competed here? Whatd you think?

Good luck with the competition. I myself never have bud have worked out with a few guys who do compete. It's tough work.

JKWrang

Good luck with the competition. I myself never have bud have worked out with a few guys who do compete. It's tough work.

Thanks!

Ive made solid gains in my big 3 lifts this last month.

Total #s were 1220 for the big 3 and at the end of the month ill have a higher total im sure. Closer to the PRO qual at 1550 for my local powerliftinf federation

mds22

Thanks!

Ive made solid gains in my big 3 lifts this last month.

Total #s were 1220 for the big 3 and at the end of the month ill have a higher total im sure. Closer to the PRO qual at 1550 for my local powerliftinf federation

That's good, best of luck.
Break down your totals. Just curious.

JKWrang

That's good, best of luck.
Break down your totals. Just curious.

455 squat
455 deadlift
315 bench

This week did:
405x8 dead
420x8 squat
295x3 bench as my AMRAP sets

Next week is my heavy 1rm + week so ill be pushing all of those limits

And my math was wrong thats 1225 lol oops.

mds22

Good job, it ain't easy. What is your walking around weight?
I'm a fan of power lifting. My max bench was 201kg a couple yrs ago, but being 6'9" with long legs and bad knees, I never could squat enough to think about competing. Plus I play professional basketball and have to keep my body fat around 5%, so hard to bulk up properly.

Top Bottom