Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Foley

That’s looking good with the flares, are those metal cloak? I’m loving the gigglepin that’s a beast winch

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hi,

thank you.

the xj has bushwacker and the JK has Xenon.

Sick looking jeep man! Thanks for sharing the places to go wheel! I am hoping to be back to grafenberg in the next few years!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice Buddy. If you are there, let me know. There are a cool place to wheel near Grafenberg.

Lg

Last edited:

Foley

Hi Jeepers,

yesterday I testet the XJ. It workes well with those 33" Tires und Sumosprings. I think I will stay with this setup.*

Do you guys can give me some tipps what I ve to*reinforce for 33"? Do I need a steering braket? Both Axle have lockers, D30 Front D35 rear. The rear axle have some "heavy duty axle shafts" with more spline.*

Sumo Springs with new coils:

img_20180531_113359_17nsax.jpg

img_20180601_140235_1ezsna.jpg

img_20180601_141031_1o6sj8.jpg

The rear overhang has limited my off-road capabilities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2C_0jZR-vA

d72d16d7-cdff-49f5-a0rfuk9.jpg

​​​​​​​Lg

Foley

Hi,

thanks buddy.

I got some more pictures and a short video for you guys. Hope you enjoy it.

px__4413gqs8i.jpg

px__4481hbspr.jpg

px__4513f4ub7.jpg

px__45243au8e.jpg

lg

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Let us know how you like the KM3s. I am interested in those myself.

Last edited:

Foley

Hopefully they are better then your Borahs ;)

I will mount them tomorrow or friday. You get the Pics first buddy.

Foley

Hi,

normaly I would mount my new AEV Beadlocks this Weekend. Sadly, my radiator starts leaking. It is an NSR Radiator from Aluminium for better cooling. So I changed my Radiator today. Not a good worke. NSR gave me a free Visko-Fan because for the inconveniences.

oldt0uhe.jpg

My Special Visko loosing Tool:

0ab9cabd-bba5-4932-914muui.jpg

5c08cbea-2054-4f92-b348ura.jpg

The black one is the new fan:

4604c799-d5cc-43c4-b78buoy.jpg

and finally:

new54uq8.jpg

Lg

Foley

So, after I fixed the Radiator (thx @Matt for this new word) on my JK - my XJ gets jelouse and start leaking on his radiator. So I put the new one is. Sometimes I think my Jeeps are like Kids ...

While the change the "Jehovah's Witnesses" visit me. Well, I told them I will join them, If there God make that my XJ stop from getting rusty. Befor this, i thought that "get a visit from "Jehovah's Witnesses"" is a classic US thing :thinking:

6kmirl.jpg

XJ Kühler after 21 Years of salty germany roads.

7bkfl8.jpg

So, on my radiator-test drive the Visko explode. First I thought that one of my tire got blow off. But it was the VIsko-Clutch. Do you Guys remember? I put a new, upgraded VIsko-Fan in my Wrangler. I think my XJ saw this so he want a new one to. :crazyeyes:

2cyifr.jpg

Glad that the "Renegade Station", my local dealer istn far away. I picked up a new one for 50€.

3oqdeo.jpg

After I went on the dyno, my mainfold seal went more and more bad. So I ve to replaced them.

9ybeve.jpg

So I put some heat-tape around the head. I think my XJ ve now 200 more HP than before ;). Okay, I just did it because I ve to wait for the mainfold-seal and I get bored.

10jjimn.jpg

81xik3.jpg

And at least: I put on my new Ferrari F40 Rims with the new Km3. Cant tell mutch about the tire, because I cant drive mutch while fixing the xj. But you will get some more Infos and photos soon.

1seex0.jpg

2ef7ff57-e22e-4045-b8rmcdu.jpg

Stay tuned to so how to replaces some JK parts ... :grayno:

Lg

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice work, sucks the radiator on he XJ went out right after the JK. What is the chance of that happening, ever. Well done [emoji106], keep us posted on the KM3s, I am considering them for my next set after I wear out the KM2s.

Foley

Hey Guys,

so back to the JK. Yesterday I installed my Fusion 4x4 tie rod. A hughe tanks to VeruGE*144 - very nice guys, helped me so much to find the right tie rod for me. The Fusion4x4 tie rod is better than the other stuff I can get in Germany, so I'm glad you gave me the tipp to buy it in the USA.

So check this out. The diameter is as big as my "heavy duty Jeep Cherokee XJ drive shaft". This was the moment I knew I'm a big Idiot because I havent ordered a Fusion Drag link with my tie rod. Now I ve the double shipping costs :naw:

d35d285a-c565-46d6-b1d2c5i.jpg

but the tie rod have enough clerance to fit my 2,5" suspensio plug and play. No drilling

img_20180811_144429ubi6g.jpg

To prevent the bolt from loosening I splinted the thread, like I did back in time when I was an activ Moto Cross rider.

img_20180811_144311gkdpz.jpg

Now check for clearance while flexing - and some other JK fotos. I hope you like it.

382dl6.jpg

48iise.jpg

img_20180811_154005huinw.jpg

2s6d5i.jpg

One thing is to do. I ve to drill my FOX steering damper clam up to 42mm to fit the tie rod. After driving 100km without a steering damper I can say that a JK normally dont need a steering damper - and defently dont need this expensive FOX ATS. If one day my ATS is worn out I buy a "cheap" bilstein for 80$ and be happy.

Lg

Last edited:
Top Bottom