Fishbone Offroad

Benito

Caught the Bug
But you are a pimp... I'm just a nerdy white guy :idontknow: I should have a Prius, or a nissan leaf. It would go better with my socks and Dr. Scholls sandals...

Pimp? I ain’t got hoes. Those sandals are pretty comfortable though I bet.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Nerdy white guys drive Teslas. The Prius/Leaf is for the hippies ;)

Tesla! :eek: Hopefully 1 day this part time job at the grocery store will start to pay out...

...or maybe my dad will give one to me... after all, it's not like it would be the best vehicle in the parking lot. ;) :cheesy:

longarmwj

Tesla! :eek: Hopefully 1 day this part time job at the grocery store will start to pay out...

...or maybe my dad will give one to me... after all, it's not like it would be the best vehicle in the parking lot. ;) :cheesy:

If you get one don’t forget to use the used oil you drain out of it to lube the chassis. Gotta keep it maintained properly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
There is so much hypocrisy here, it’s insane. Not in your specific post, but just in general.

What hypocrisy? I see several people who bought Chinese parts. I have Chinese parts on my Jeep too. Would they be first choice, no. Would I buy shittybuilt as a first choice, no.

But if that’s what I can afford or chose, what does it matter to you. You saying everyone here would think less of me? That isn’t possible, because everyone thinks less of me for who I am, not what parts I run.

Pig has met the owners and says they are good people. Sharkey has his reasons. Done and done. I won’t lose any sleep because of what they chose. And good for them on the new stuff.

None of this is personal. But if you guys choose to make it into that, let the internet be your canvas to paint on.

You should shut up now. Know when to exit the thread. You’ve made your point. We get it. But to keep pounding it through just makes you look infantile.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don’t take this thread (or anything on the interwebs) personally. Actually, I think it’s funny if only because it illustrates how little so many people actually know and understand about the aftermarket industry.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Lol!! Got me there, but I’m not going to apologize for giving my kids nice vehicles. I have my reasons for doing so and that’s all that matters. 🥃

What hypocrisy? I see several people who bought Chinese parts. I have Chinese parts on my Jeep too. Would they be first choice, no. Would I buy shittybuilt as a first choice, no.

But if that’s what I can afford or chose, what does it matter to you. You saying everyone here would think less of me? That isn’t possible, because everyone thinks less of me for who I am, not what parts I run.

Pig has met the owners and says they are good people. Sharkey has his reasons. Done and done. I won’t lose any sleep because of what they chose. And good for them on the new stuff.

You should shut up now. Know when to exit the thread. You’ve made your point. We get it. But to keep pounding it through just makes you look infantile.

Like you, i know plenty of people who run similar parts on their jeeps. And i don’t care, for the same reasons you don’t care. I’ve said that before too. The reason I’m coming off as childish is because the points I’ve been trying to make have just been overlooked. If that makes me childish, then so be it.

JAGS

Hooked
I don’t take this thread (or anything on the interwebs) personally. Actually, I think it’s funny if only because it illustrates how little so many people actually know and understand about the aftermarket industry.

Oh, you and Chris are the last to take comments here personally. I know this for fact. I was more noting the appearance of the comments not how you’d take them.

People need to watch more shark tank (tv show) so they understand licensing deals and manufacturing.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Lol!! Got me there, but I’m not going to apologize for giving my kids nice vehicles. I have my reasons for doing so and that’s all that matters. ��

No reason TO apologize! I'm actually pretty glad now looking back knowing I worked hard for the nice things I have/had and no one handed them to me. :thumb:

Some people are silver plated, and some aren't. Honestly, I'm just grateful I HAD a car in highshool... even if it was a hooptie :twocents:

Last edited:

tdougherty81

No reason TO apologize! I'm actually pretty glad now looking back knowing I worked hard for the nice things I have/had and no one handed them to me. :thumb:

Some people are silver plated, and some aren't. Honestly, I'm just grateful I HAD a car in highshool... even if it was a hooptie :twocents:

My 1st car in highschool was a $200 Ford Taurus. It was a POS but it got me to school and work.

I doubt my kids will get a super nice vehicle but they each have a CD to get them something decent and reliable when the time comes.

Brute

Hooked
Lol. It’s all relative I guess. It’s a nice first ride for sure but it is far from the nicest vehicle in the parking lot at his school.

It's all relative...I have a good friend that only owns super cars...when I pull up to his house in my Jeep, he tells me "for the money I have in that thing, I could have gotten you a nice Ferrari"...I tell him I'd rather be driving this Jeep any day.

Sharkey's son is going to be very happy driving that to school...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
In my opinion. And it’s only my opinion. It’s ignorant for any of us to sugarcoat a company product based truly on the fact that they are a supporting vendor. If Fishbone was NOT a forum vendor, it’s almost certain they’d be flamed on here immediately because of their rebranded Chinese parts business. I’m just telling it exactly how I see it.

I do agree with you there!

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Absolutely, and don't think for a minute that my son (or any of my kids) doesn't work hard. My soon to be 16 year old maintains a 3.95 GPA in honors classes at a very demanding school while concurrently excelling at multiple competitive varsity sports. Seriously, he puts in 14+ hour days and works harder than 95% of the adults I know.

The deal in my house is that school is work. If they perform at the highest level, there are some benefits (one of which is not having to also work a full-time job); if they slack off in school, off to work they go to pay for their own vehicle, insurance, gas, etc.

I worked 40+ hours a week during my junior and senior years of high school. It sucked, and it definitely had an impact on my academics.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
My 1st car in highschool was a $200 Ford Taurus. It was a POS but it got me to school and work.

I doubt my kids will get a super nice vehicle but they each have a CD to get them something decent and reliable when the time comes.

IMO; if you REALLY want to help your kids out; fuck the flashy shit, no one needs the new iphone, a cool vehicle or the latest fashion handed to them... what would REALLY benefit them the most would be graduating college (with good grades of course) debt free!!!

(Not directed at you, Tom... just generally)

My kids can figure out there own vehicles... I'll worry about paying for useful higher education. While "C's" get degrees, "A's" get Dad to pay ;)

Absolutely, and don't think for a minute that my son (or any of my kids) don't work hard. My soon to be 16 year old maintains a 3.95 GPA in honors classes at a very demanding school while concurrently excelling at multiple competitive varsity sports. Seriously, he puts in 14+ hour days and works harder than 95% of the adults I know.

The deal in my house is that school is work. If they perform at the highest level, there are some benefits (one of which is not having to also work a full-time job); if they slack off in school, off to work they go to pay for their own vehicle, insurance, gas, etc.

I worked 40+ hours a week during my junior and senior years of high school. It sucked, and it definitely had an impact on my academics.
I come from a GREAT family, I have 2 very loving parents... parents that sacrificed for us all our lifes. parents that worked there ass off to balance there own education along side work and raising 2 children. I still remember riding in the car with my dad to pick up my mom from Kent State was a special treat because it was past my bed time when I was in gradeschool. And yet she STILL got up, made breakfast and packed us lunches every morning before she went to work and started it all over again... I've worked FULL time since the day I turned 16, Literally got my first "real" job the day before my 16th birthday. I worked at the Grocery store 5hrs every day after school and weekends, then after HS, automotive shops & waiting tables for about 2 years, then Home Depot all though college... I was able to support myself and buy the books, tuition was the killer; I didn't have a choice I was not going to keep working these shit jobs all my life. If my parents taught me anything, it was certainly "I CAN do this" I still made the deans list nearly every semester, graduated with honors, and 6 years later I'm STILL paying for the loans... my point above still stands.

If you have the finances to give your children everything, that's great for you. I hope you&they are smart enough to realize that not everyone is so lucky and that alone doesn't make you/them any better than anyone else. Hard work, dedication and determination is what it takes.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Absolutely, and don't think for a minute that my son (or any of my kids) don't work hard. My soon to be 16 year old maintains a 3.95 GPA in honors classes at a very demanding school while concurrently excelling at multiple competitive varsity sports. Seriously, he puts in 14+ hour days and works harder than 95% of the adults I know.

Roger that...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's all relative...I have a good friend that only owns super cars...when I pull up to his house in my Jeep, he tells me "for the money I have in that thing, I could have gotten you a nice Ferrari"...I tell him I'd rather be driving this Jeep any day.

Sharkey's son is going to be very happy driving that to school...

No doubt! Lucky kid! I got rid of mine so I would not have to do that!

Top Bottom