Fishbone Offroad

longarmwj

Your observation was that you were “surprised to see their products” on my son’s Jeep since I’m “quite vocal about stealing designs and whatnot.” Silly me, I can’t imagine how I inferred from your statement that you were saying Fishbone stole its fender and liner design from some hard working American company. If I had any reason to believe the design was stolen, they wouldn’t be on my son’s Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s pretty hard to make fenders for a JK that don’t look similar to another brands anyway. There really isn’t that many different designs you can go with as far as fender design goes lol. That’s the one area of jeep mods where originality isn’t really an option. Flat fenders are gonna look like flat fenders no matter who makes them.

At least he isn’t putting FabFour shit on there

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It’s pretty hard to make fenders for a JK that don’t look similar to another brands anyway. There really isn’t that many different designs you can go with as far as fender design goes lol. That’s the one area of jeep mods where originality isn’t really an option. Flat fenders are gonna look like flat fenders no matter who makes them.

At least he isn’t putting FabFour shit on there

The FabFour shit is some shit! I can't believe what some spend on their overpriced ugly products. It's their jeep to do what they want.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Interesting. Just so I know, from whom were the fenders and liners stolen?

As if it’s any of your business, my 16 year old son is not exactly in a position financially to buy high end fenders and liners from PS, EVO, or the like. I have always said that some companies like smittybilt, and even fishbone, serve a purpose in a certain market segment.

I don’t have knowledge of Fishbone stealing someone else’s design, but I am aware of the fact that their stuff comes from the same factories in China as many other sellers of basically the same product. At least they don’t hide from that fact like Teraflex or some of the others.

All of that said, I really appreciate y’all looking out for the well-being of my 16 year old and what he does with his money. [emoji106]

Your observation was that you were “surprised to see their products” on my son’s Jeep since I’m “quite vocal about stealing designs and whatnot.” Silly me, I can’t imagine how I inferred from your statement that you were saying Fishbone stole its fender and liner design from some hard working American company. If I had any reason to believe the design was stolen, they wouldn’t be on my son’s Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

So you’re teaching your kids that’s it okay to take American jobs?

I-Eat-Mud

The FabFour shit is some shit! I can't believe what some spend on their overpriced ugly products. It's their jeep to do what they want.

I couldn't agree more that it's the ugliest, least practical crap you'll ever see made for a jk. However the build quality on what little I've seen in person has actually looked good. It's like they took some fantastic craftsmen and forced them to make the ugliest things imaginable.

Brute

Hooked

Don't worry...he's taking Mandarin in school...and will be the coolest 16yo with a killer ride...wish someone gave me a nice Jeep when I was his age...I had to save $500 bucks, take a greyhound bus from MA to NJ to by a '68 VW bus, then learn how to drive and shift that 3 foot long stick on the way back; I had it down right about Connecticut...

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Lol. Actually, I’m teaching him that he should work hard so he can afford to buy nicer stuff if he so chooses.

Oh, and I don’t believe anyone’s job is “theirs” to keep no matter what... but that’s a whole different conversation altogether.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I didn’t know it was your 16 yr olds sons build. I guess it’s okay then, sorry for the jump to conclusion. That said, make sure to show him the ways of the true Jedi, Obi-wan.

It didn’t start out as his build. It was mine up until maybe around October or so when the decision was made to give the Jeep to my son when he turns 16 in about one month. At that point, he started paying for the upgrades that he wanted (rather, that he wanted and could afford).

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don't worry...he's taking Mandarin in school...and will be the coolest 16yo with a killer ride...wish someone gave me a nice Jeep when I was his age...I had to save $500 bucks, take a greyhound bus from MA to NJ to by a '68 VW bus, then learn how to drive and shift that 3 foot long stick on the way back; I had it down right about Connecticut...

LOL! My first vehicle was an $100 1972 bug, then an Austin mini early 70's model and paid @ $300 for that.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Fishbone has a top notch owner who genuinely cares about his employees and customers. Everyone of his employees are passionate on what they are doing. For that reason I will always support them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I love how people post about how they won’t buy products unless they are made in America...from mobile devices most likely made in China.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ones a slider and one is a bumper.

Ahh, got it!

If you think that that bumper is DV8’s design, or that it is made in the USA, you are an idiot.

I have no idea who the original manufacturer is, or where this product was designed or made originally. They should at least come up with their own designs.

What’s the difference between 1)ripping off a product and manufacturing/selling it yourself and 2)buying/selling a Chinese product that is a rip off of somebody else’s product?

Top Bottom