Fed up with stupid shit

CalSgt

Hooked
When he was arrested…

CHP has road blocks all over, residents are on evacuation orders and are to “Shelter in place” if they refuse. Most of CHP has been okay to deal with and has been talking with the family. The ranch has been supplying a lot of the water for fire vehicles in the area with their large ag pumps and holding tanks which I think is part of the reason CHP was tolerating their traffic.

The ranch occupies one side of the road entirely, several parcels on the other side, and a forest plot on the opposite side of 395. My family has been all over their property since the order dealing with fire suppression and taking care of livestock.

Willis needed to move a piece of equipment on a flatbed across the street (literally a 2 lane country road). He walked over to the CHP officer at the intersection that is right there talked with him and got no opposition from the officer. Started his rig and began to drive when he got into the intersection a different officer ran up from behind yelling and grabbed his door handle. I’m assuming that officer fell or was knocked down. When Willis stopped about seven police vehicles swarmed in and he was arrested.

My family thinks they were waiting for him to be on public property with his equipment to arrest him.

I sure hope he didn’t do anything stupid when the CHP Officer grabbed the door handle to cause the arrest. If so I will share with everyone, I do not stand for that type of behavior.

CalSgt

Hooked
I get that they don’t want untrained people going out and fucking up shit more, let’s be honest on the percentage of dumbasses vs people with common sense, could easily make things worse. Clearly not the case here, so fuck them.
The local power company came and found Willis on the second day and asked him to help cut line along their poles and equipment. Willis is not some dipstick kid on a Kubota.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sounds like he was part of the solution, not part of the problem (the bigger issue of the fire). When people try to apply black and white rules to every situation, they end up with these situations.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Total bullshit… hope all charges are dropped. The CHP had a lot better things to worry about than some guy driving heavy equipment across the two lane highway… 😡

CalSgt

Hooked
The official charges
PC 245 Assault W/deadly weapon
PC 148 Resist arrest
PC 409.5 Unauthorized presence in an emergency area (misdemeanor)
VC 2800.1 evading/fleeing police in a vehicle

The CHP version of the story isn't very different from that of other eye witnesses. The real story must be somewhere between the story I was told and the CHP press release. My family wants to believe Willis is 100% innocent meanwhile CHP was accused of arresting a hero and I can guarantee their reports will justify their actions. I would really like to review the dash/body cam footage before I decide if Willis is culpable of being a douche during the contact.

The reason for the initial contact is what I have an issue with, the PC 409.5 charge. It's a legitimate law that serves a purpose but I don't believe the spirit of this law was to prevent people from protecting their homes and livelihood.

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6540.JPG

jesse3638

Hooked
The official charges
PC 148 Resist arrest

The CHP version of the story isn't very different from that of other eye witnesses. The real story must be somewhere between the story I was told and the CHP press release. My family wants to believe Willis is 100% innocent meanwhile CHP was accused of arresting a hero and I can guarantee their reports will justify their actions. I would really like to review the dash/body cam footage before I decide if Willis is culpable of being a douche during the contact.

The reason for the initial contact is what I have an issue with, the PC 409.5 charge. It's a legitimate law that serves a purpose but I don't believe the spirit of this law was to prevent people from protecting their homes and livelihood.

View attachment 366279

View attachment 366280
Hey hey hey. There is no need to take an honest stand and make an informed decision as to whether or not your cousin is innocent. Just assume he is and blame everyone else for him being arrested. That's how its done right?...haha

Glad he was able to help out the way he did before being arrested. Hopefully it isn't as described in the CHP press release and things can be taken care of pretty switly.

CalSgt

Hooked
Hey hey hey. There is no need to take an honest stand and make an informed decision as to whether or not your cousin is innocent. Just assume he is and blame everyone else for him being arrested. That's how its done right?...haha

Glad he was able to help out the way he did before being arrested. Hopefully it isn't as described in the CHP press release and things can be taken care of pretty switly.

Should I get #FREEWILLIS tee-shirts airbrushed with his face on them and run around screaming "Free ma-boy, he dindonuffin!"

The only story that matters usually is how the officer writes their report... If Willis was being a douche then rest assured the officers report will do him no favors.

I just hope the D.A. takes it easy on him.

jesse3638

Hooked
Should I get #FREEWILLIS tee-shirts airbrushed with his face on them and run around screaming "Free ma-boy, he dindonuffin!"

The only story that matters usually is how the officer writes their report... If Willis was being a douche then rest assured the officers report will do him no favors.

I just hope the D.A. takes it easy on him.
Do it! Do it! Do it!...haha.

I have a friend who works as a BC for the BLM up there and lives in Janesville. I'm sure he's running around up there and I'd love to hear if he's heard of this story. I talked to him last week and said Susanville will most likely be fine but Janesville was going to get hit by this fire. Sounds like if did.

CalSgt

Hooked
Do it! Do it! Do it!...haha.

I have a friend who works as a BC for the BLM up there and lives in Janesville. I'm sure he's running around up there and I'd love to hear if he's heard of this story. I talked to him last week and said Susanville will most likely be fine but Janesville was going to get hit by this fire. Sounds like if did.
Is he a local guy? If so I probably know him (or of him)... My family has been here since the late '50s (1850's)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The official charges
PC 148 Resist arrest

View attachment 366279

View attachment 366280
This sounds a lot more believable.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unless he was seriously trying to run an officer down, I have a hard time believing the 245 will stick. That is often a generic “you refused to get out of your vehicle and drove forward in the same general direction as me” tack on charge.

Brute

Hooked
I don’t know what has really transpired, but I do know that when a police officer asks you to get out of your vehicle, you get out of your vehicle…period.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Unless he was seriously trying to run an officer down, I have a hard time believing the 245 will stick. That is often a generic “you refused to get out of your vehicle and drove forward in the same general direction as me” tack on charge.
🤔

CalSgt

Hooked
This sounds a lot more believable.
My opinion has since changed.
Mine too.
Fair enough,

Willis is quite capable of being a douche which is seemingly a big part of the arrest.

What I'm really curious of is if the arresting officer was also being a douche, or maybe just had a chip on his shoulder that day. Not that it would lessen his authority but cops are human too, they have good and bad days, some are genuinely great people and some are douchebags. Douchebags and guys having bad days tend to apply less discretion and to be less skilled at deescalating.

Reviewing officers reports and reviewing video is a big part of what I do everyday for a living.

Agree... I was figuring this charge is the douchebag tax. Willis pissed them off so they threw everything they could at him.

I don’t know what has really transpired, but I do know that when a police officer asks you to get out of your vehicle, you get out of your vehicle…period.

Agree...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Fair enough,

Willis is quite capable of being a douche which is seemingly a big part of the arrest.

What I'm really curious of is if the arresting officer was also being a douche, or maybe just had a chip on his shoulder that day. Not that it would lessen his authority but cops are human too, they have good and bad days, some are genuinely great people and some are douchebags. Douchebags and guys having bad days tend to apply less discretion and to be less skilled at deescalating.

Reviewing officers reports and reviewing video is a big part of what I do everyday for a living.

Agree... I was figuring this charge is the douchebag tax. Willis pissed them off so they threw everything they could at him.

Agree...
I’m not siding with either party at this time but what I will side with is that your guy was wrong when he was told to do something and didn’t. I think you agree with that. We shall see what happens.

Bad press for both parties though.

And people wonder why cops are hated so much. If the body cams and dash can footage support his side of things. That’s one serious asshole that needs to not wear a badge again. Power tripping asshole. If the video backs the officers, well, actions and consequences and all 🤷🏻‍♂️.

just hope there’s video as impartial witness.

Robar

The Enforcer
Initially it sounded like he was arrested just for cutting a fire break, which would have been bull shit, but now there seems to be more to the story. I usually wait for additional details before making an opinion. There are always two sides to the story plus all the twisted up bull shit in the middle.
I'm still glad he stepped up to help with the fire. It sounds like he made a difference in a few lives.

Top Bottom