Fed up with stupid shit

CalSgt

Hooked
I’m not siding with either party at this time but what I will side with is that your guy was wrong when he was told to do something and didn’t. I think you agree with that. We shall see what happens.

Bad press for both parties though.
I agree, I'm a little torn on the whole damn thing at the moment if Willis was wrong he will have his day in court.

And people wonder why cops are hated so much. If the body cams and dash can footage support his side of things. That’s one serious asshole that needs to not wear a badge again. Power tripping asshole. If the video backs the officers, well, actions and consequences and all 🤷🏻‍♂️.

just hope there’s video as impartial witness.
Soooo... We should loot all the footlocker's and burn down a city? Your statement is allover the place man, I'm having a hard time following.

Initially it sounded like he was arrested just for cutting a fire break, which would have been bull shit, but now there seems to be more to the story. I usually wait for additional details before making an opinion. There are always two sides to the story plus all the twisted up bull shit in the middle.
I'm still glad he stepped up to help with the fire. It sounds like he made a difference in a few lives.
Yeah, I may have been a little hasty starting the thread without more details but was pretty fired up at the moment. I was told there was a bunch of charges dropped before he was even booked into county. I kind of wonder if any of them were related to cutting that line but the world may never know.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m not saying I’m right in this case, I’m just saying I have seen plenty of circumstances where “tack on” charges get dropped because the facts don’t really meet the charge.

Of course he should have stopped and of course he should have turned off his vehicle and complied with the officer. That all should go without saying.

I’m just not prepared to say someone was intentionally trying to assault an officer with a deadly weapon (a vehicle) until the actual facts come to light. I still believe in “innocent until proven guilty”.

I agree, I'm a little torn on the whole damn thing at the moment if Willis was wrong he will have his day in court.

Soooo... We should loot all the footlocker's and burn down a city? Your statement is allover the place man, I'm having a hard time following.

Yeah, I may have been a little hasty starting the thread without more details but was pretty fired up at the moment. I was told there was a bunch of charges dropped before he was even booked into county. I kind of wonder if any of them were related to cutting that line but the world may never know.
Im not all over the place, people hate cops because of power tripping douchebags, sounds like this will be one of those situations. Departments need to clean house and get rid of the shitty assholes, most officers are pretty good guys and gals but even they if you ask them will tell you that some of their coworkers should find a new career. On the flip side if the truth falls with the officers reports and your cousin was being a douche, well, you get what you deserve. 🤷‍♂️ Cameras are a great tool and don't have opinions, hopefully you get to see some footage soon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Im not all over the place, people hate cops because of power tripping douchebags, sounds like this will be one of those situations. Departments need to clean house and get rid of the shitty assholes, most officers are pretty good guys and gals but even they if you ask them will tell you that some of their coworkers should find a new career. On the flip side if the truth falls with the officers reports and your cousin was being a douche, well, you get what you deserve. 🤷‍♂️ Cameras are a great tool and don't have opinions, hopefully you get to see some footage soon.
Sounds like this is one of those situations? There is two sides to this story so far and both are vastly different. How can you call this cop or cops douchebags when you literally have no idea?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m not saying I’m right in this case, I’m just saying I have seen plenty of circumstances where “tack on” charges get dropped because the facts don’t really meet the charge.

Of course he should have stopped and of course he should have turned off his vehicle and complied with the officer. That all should go without saying.

I’m just not prepared to say someone was intentionally trying to assault an officer with a deadly weapon (a vehicle) until the actual facts come to light. I still believe in “innocent until proven guilty”.
So they were found not guilty of a charge.

As a friend recently told me “either those things happened or they didn’t. This isn’t Hollywood.”

CalSgt

Hooked
So they were found not guilty of a charge.

As a friend recently told me “either those things happened or they didn’t. This isn’t Hollywood.”
I know where Sharkey is going with this... The cop makes an arrest for whatever charges they want, if the evidence isn't there the D.A. doesn't prosecute or chooses to prosecute a lesser crime included in the offense that there is evidence for. Bigger charges also leave lots of room for a D.A. to make plea agreements, its really easy to get some dumb schmuck to agree to manslaughter instead of going to trial for murder 1.

This can be a slippery slope for cops and D.A.'s. If a cop is always arresting people for outrageous charges that aren't backed in evidence he gets run off by his department or worse added to the Brady list, but when a D.A. fails to prosecute crimes he gets run off eventually too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know where Sharkey is going with this... The cop makes an arrest for whatever charges they want, if the evidence isn't there the D.A. doesn't prosecute or chooses to prosecute a lesser crime included in the offense that there is evidence for. Bigger charges also leave lots of room for a D.A. to make plea agreements, its really easy to get some dumb schmuck to agree to manslaughter instead of going to trial for murder 1.

This can be a slippery slope for cops and D.A.'s. If a cop is always arresting people for outrageous charges that aren't backed in evidence he gets run off by his department or worse added to the Brady list, but when a D.A. fails to prosecute crimes he gets run off eventually too.
What does this cop have to gain from doing/saying something that wasn’t true? If this guy goes in and dies then who is to blame?

Again, I’m not taking sides, just seems people like to say the “criminal” is innocent until proven guilty but the cop is always wrong until proven right.

CalSgt

Hooked
What does this cop have to gain from doing/saying something that wasn’t true? If this guy goes in and dies then who is to blame?

Again, I’m not taking sides, just seems people like to say the “criminal” is innocent until proven guilty but the cop is always wrong until proven right.

Not lying... but swinging for the fences with a charge. for example

Officer tells someone to hand over their license, person flips it out of the window & it hits the officer in the chest. That could be construed as battery.

Does every cop arrest every person for battery or even assault on this, definitely not because its weak as fuck. On the right day (or wrong day) is a douchebag getting arrested or cited for the most severe charge the officers report could possibly support... yup.

What does he have to gain? Personal and professional satisfaction breaking his foot off (metaphorically) in the ass of some douchebag that tried to ruin his day.

Top Bottom