Dealership BULLSH!T - Gotta Love Them

benatc1

Hooked
Wow that’s amazing, you were like hey I have cash right now and will be there today, to buy a vehicle that’s so discounted because it’s costing dealers money to sit on their lots, but they just had to be POS sales people and give you worthless shit, so they could make an extra buck. Having a good dealer experience is a very big deal, most haven’t, Dolan in Reno (Fallon) has always been great, but I do know people that my work in management, but local dealers here otherwise are pretty much crap. Really makes me value the experience I had with Kent up in ID. Granted that doesn’t help you much right now as you need a 23 that’s sitting on the lot to get the deal that’s out there. But still crazy, as I guarantee Sacramento is losing money on that right now and would rather pull shady shit than move it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did not and, they didn't even have to tell me about the additional sale the next day and could have made an additional 3K off of me as I was going to get that day. So that spoke volumes for me. And yes, the white one was still there.....
LOL - I'll give it a look now and good to hear (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that’s amazing, you were like hey I have cash right now and will be there today, to buy a vehicle that’s so discounted because it’s costing dealers money to sit on their lots, but they just had to be POS sales people and give you worthless shit, so they could make an extra buck. Having a good dealer experience is a very big deal, most haven’t, Dolan in Reno (Fallon) has always been great, but I do know people that my work in management, but local dealers here otherwise are pretty much crap. Really makes me value the experience I had with Kent up in ID. Granted that doesn’t help you much right now as you need a 23 that’s sitting on the lot to get the deal that’s out there. But still crazy, as I guarantee Sacramento is losing money on that right now and would rather pull shady shit than move it
This thing is just so stupid to me. Not only did I say I have cash in hand, I didn't even try to haggle the advertised price down. I was willing to pay what they had listed and Sacramento Jeep still pulled this shit on me.

And yes, if we were just ordering up a new Jeep, I would have just hit up Kent in ID.

Shit like this is why I have only ordered jeeps. I’ve been through this run around every time I went to buy whatever is on the lot. I will not on principle buy a car when they act stupid like this so I always wind up ordering. Morgan Hill pissed me off so bad a few months ago with this same nonsense. Bullshit ceramic coat and interior coating trash. I really hate buying cars at dealerships.

jesse3638

Hooked
That sucks. Before we got Lisa's JL I talked to Victorville Motors where I had purchased 2 vehicles before. Not only was there a $4500 mark up they wouldn't honor the tread lightly discount and had another $1500 in desert protection package added. They said that came on all the vehicles and couldn't be removed. I walked out when they left me sitting alone in the salesmans cubicle for 10 mins alone. I hate buying cars.

Wow, that sucks! I hate buying cars because of shit like this… there’s always some catch, some hidden price, etc. I’m glad you found out first before making the trip.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Crazy how different experiences can be for different people. I wouldn’t pull into a Dolan owned dealership if my rig was on fire and they had the last fire extinguisher on the planet.

Again, I've always just ordered our Jeeps and so we've never had to deal with this kind of BS. I can't believe this is such a normal thing for so many people. Fuckin thieves.
There can be BS when custom ordering jeeps as well. When I ordered mine, it arrived pretty quickly, and was great. But we were paying with cash. They were trying to convince me to pay for a blackened windshield, coatings, etc. They slow-rolled our purchase and were still trying weasel things in while the final paperwork was being written but my accountant-minded wife caught everything. We showed up as scheduled at 6 PM and did not get out of there until past 10:30. And we had not have anything to eat beforehand.

I since learned that the dealership in general really sucks.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There can be BS when custom ordering jeeps as well. When I ordered mine, it arrived pretty quickly, and was great. But we were paying with cash. They were trying to convince me to pay for a blackened windshield, coatings, etc. They slow-rolled our purchase and were still trying weasel things in while the final paperwork was being written but my accountant-minded wife caught everything. We showed up as scheduled at 6 PM and did not get out of there until past 10:30. And we had not have anything to eat beforehand.

I since learned that the dealership in general really sucks.
To clarify, I have only ordered from people I know in the industry. For me personally, it has never been an issue.

benatc1

Hooked
Crazy how different experiences can be for different people. I wouldn’t pull into a Dolan owned dealership if my rig was on fire and they had the last fire extinguisher on the planet.
Like I said, I know 2 of the GMs pretty well, so I’ve never had any issues, but I’m sure the majority of people get the treatment you received unfortunately.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shit like this is why I have only ordered jeeps. I’ve been through this run around every time I went to buy whatever is on the lot. I will not on principle buy a car when they act stupid like this so I always wind up ordering. Morgan Hill pissed me off so bad a few months ago with this same nonsense. Bullshit ceramic coat and interior coating trash. I really hate buying cars at dealerships.
I totally agree. It's been forever since we've bought a Jeep that wasn't ordered and through someone I know at that and so I've kinda forgotten the kind of stupidness you have to go through. If it weren't for the "killer deal" that was being offered, I never would have made the call. Clearly, it was too good to be true.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks. Before we got Lisa's JL I talked to Victorville Motors where I had purchased 2 vehicles before. Not only was there a $4500 mark up they wouldn't honor the tread lightly discount and had another $1500 in desert protection package added. They said that came on all the vehicles and couldn't be removed. I walked out when they left me sitting alone in the salesmans cubicle for 10 mins alone. I hate buying cars.
That is just so stupid. So frustrating that dealerships operate in this kind of way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that sucks! I hate buying cars because of shit like this… there’s always some catch, some hidden price, etc. I’m glad you found out first before making the trip.
Oh yeah, that's why I asked for an out the door price so that I could bring a cashiers check and mainly to make sure there weren't any surprises. Definitely glad I didn't make the 2.5 hour drive just to deal with this BS then.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This has got to be one of the biggest bullshit scams of all time.

78% of the goddam air we breathe is Nitrogen. If you don't know this you are a dumbass & deserve to get taken
LOL - right?! And let's just say that they used magical fairy farts instead of nitrogen that really was worth $400... do these clowns really think that a Jeep owner will never air down their tires? What do you fill it up with after a trail run?? So completely stupid!

JAGS

Hooked
The last several vehicle purchases for myself and my wife have all been done via email. For the same reasons and results you shared. Since like forever there have been dealer “add-ons.” These and everything are negotiable. When dealers act like your example, I’ve been lucky enough to find another who was happy to make a deal.

It was Sac town, so there’s that. Almost a different state than the rest. Ha ha. Used to have to go there for work all the time for previous job.

Good luck on your search. 😎

DaJudge

Every dealer in Albuquerque that I have tried to buy a car from has been like this. That's why it was not even remotely inconvenient to go to Idaho for my Gladiator. No bullshit, just a price quoted, same price paid. (12k less than local Jeep dealer) They get away with this because most people only care about the monthly payment. But also because dealers suck!

bmkrinne

Man, all of our local Jeep dealerships suck donkey balls also. Like they all attend the same “How to intentionally fuck over your customers” training.

Top Bottom