Dealership BULLSH!T - Gotta Love Them

jeeeep

Hooked
LOL - right?! And let's just say that they used magical fairy farts instead of nitrogen that really was worth $400... do these clowns really think that a Jeep owner will never air down their tires? What do you fill it up with after a trail run?? So completely stupid!
did someone call for magical fairy farts
0_PAY-RAINBOW-BEARDS.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
Too bad it's a 2.5 hour drive. You could do what I've done after being harassed with phone calls after a deal gone sour.

Take a day where you have absolutely NOTHING planned. Go to Richard Cranium's Crappy Car Sales and start the process of buying the vehicle they already dicked you around on. Offer, counteroffer, repeat and rinse. Let it go all the way to the finance office (here all purchases go through that office whether financed or cash offer, your situation may differ) go through all the BS attempts of the finance guy trying to upsell you.

Once you've wasted about 3 hours or so of their time, stand up, tell the finance officer if anyone from their establishment attempts to contact you again you'll file charges of harassment with the local PD, and walk out the door.

Buddy that worked in the body shop called to tell me there was some pissed off people from the top down over it the last time I used this. :cool:

jeeeep

Hooked
Too bad it's a 2.5 hour drive. You could do what I've done after being harassed with phone calls after a deal gone sour.

Take a day where you have absolutely NOTHING planned. Go to Richard Cranium's Crappy Car Sales and start the process of buying the vehicle they already dicked you around on. Offer, counteroffer, repeat and rinse. Let it go all the way to the finance office (here all purchases go through that office whether financed or cash offer, your situation may differ) go through all the BS attempts of the finance guy trying to upsell you.

Once you've wasted about 3 hours or so of their time, stand up, tell the finance officer if anyone from their establishment attempts to contact you again you'll file charges of harassment with the local PD, and walk out the door.

Buddy that worked in the body shop called to tell me there was some pissed off people from the top down over it the last time I used this. :cool:
I've done this, not intentionally, they told me it would take a couple of hours to prep the 2010 JKU to take home, Jeep still had the plastic on the seats and needed a wash, fuel so ok cool.

I'm sitting in the finance office waiting for them to wrap up another deal, I get in, lay my check down for the total on the desk, the finance ass-wipe comes in and starts dicking around with the add-on pricing bullshit that the salesman should have informed me about, get the salesman, his expression was WTF are you talking about... again I go thru the agreed on deal I had and again he comes back with the "dealer" add-on bullshit and after realizing I had been in there for over an hour on a 30 minute process, I said nothing, got up and left.

Next day the GM of the dealership called, apologized and I got an additional $1500 off to make the 45-minute trip back.

I have taught my daughter when she buys her next car on her own, sign nothing upfront and don't be afraid to walk away from the deal, these assholes can make a person feel like they have no choice but to accept the revised deal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn’t you guys go through something similar when you were buying your Renegade a few years back?
As a matter of fact, we did, at what is now known as Jeep Only in Las Vegas and I should note, they ripped off our tag line of "It's a way of life". That was almost 10 years ago and I'll never do business with them again.

As a matter of fact, we did, at what is now known as Jeep Only in Las Vegas and I should note, they ripped off our tag line of "It's a way of life". That was almost 10 years ago and I'll never do business with them again.
I remember the old write up you guys did and was blown away. Seems like that kind of treatment is becoming the gold standard at car stealerships nowadays. I’ve seen it from the inside out as well and it’s a big reason I left that industry. Even though I wasn’t in sales, the service side is just as bad and just couldn’t be a part of that shit.

jeeeep

Hooked
I hated doing nitrogen fills on tires cause of how big of a scam it was. It was always on old people’s cars as well
My brother-in-law and his wife bought a new vehicle about 6 months ago, when I saw the charge for the nitrogen filled tires, I was pissed but said nothing to them because they just didn't understand.
I did convince them to just use regular air and not pay to get their tires filled

DaJudge

Years ago I went to buy a Ranger. We agreed on the price and everything seemed good. When we sat down with paperwork guy the numbers were off. I ask him what number the salesman gave him, it was 2500 over what we agreed. We walked out and called the friend who had dropped us off to come get us, we thought we would be driving home in our "new" truck.
The salesman called me a few hours later wanting to know what happened. I told him "you tried to rip me off". He had no response for that. He called me back with a lower price a few times but I told him to stop calling me.

Finally a week later the Sales Manager called me and offered the vehicle for 2200 less than the original price we agreed on. I bought it because that was a really good deal. Idiots could have just sold it for the original price and they would have made 2200 more on it.

Most dealers are filled with idiots and criminals and they just assume their customers are stupid.

I have had two good experiences with dealers in 35 years:
When I bought a new Ranger in 2001. I made an offer, salesman came back within a an offer only 100 off and we made a deal. From the time I left my house to returning to my house was about 3 hours, including a test drive and them washing it. (dealer was a 20 minute drive)

Second was with Peterson's in Nampa, ID when I bought my Gladiator which I mentioned in an earlier post. If I buy another new Jeep, it will be from them.

Every other experience was at the least, annoying! Dealers suck!

trailraider

I won't lie , I work for a Dealer as anyone could probaly have guessed , I hear of so many issues and bullshit that goes on. Luckily I don't work the front end and have a pretty good standing with customers in my department.
But I take personal pride in what I do.

But it has not come without some gain for me listening to all the bullshit that they pull up in sales.

I used this to my advantage to buy myself a used DP motorhome in the summer. I used every tactic that they pull up front and used it all against them, and I have to say I felt pretty good when I drove away with the unit.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Shit like this is why i ended up in a 2500 Ram cummins (truck ended up being junk after only 16k miles or so) then a new 4runner (that only lasted 1 month because I was made aware of the incentives on JTs) because every Jeep dealer i talked to wanted sticker + market adjustment and no one was willing to order a Jeep for me and most of them didn't have the Rubicon I wanted. Now that the Covid supply chain issue isn't really there anymore they are telling me they will order whatever I want (we ordered a new JL for the wife).

Top Bottom