Dealership BULLSH!T - Gotta Love Them

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, in lieu of Disciple Off Road taking advantage of the 15% Off Discount that Jeep is offering on 2023 Gladiators, Cindy and I decided to see what's available and with the idea of maybe buying something we really don't need. And, low and behold, there are some amazing deals that a number of dealerships are offering. In fact, we came across one so good at Sacramento Dodge Jeep & Ram, we decided to go nuts and start the process of making it ours. Needless to say, I asked them to give me an out the door number so that I could have a cashiers check made out and... nothing. I reminded them that my drive out would be 2.5 hours and that I could come out today but needed to know how much I needed to bring and... I finally got a call saying they wanted to talk to me about the numbers. :rolleyes:

Long story short, I was told that there were a few "additional charges" they wanted to go over that I would have seen on the window sticker had I been on their lot. Of course, these charges included an $1800 GPS tracking system that I'd never want, $1300 for something called an Ally Appearance Protect, $600 for an Ally Etch and oh yeah, $400 for nitrogen in the tires LOL

image_0.JPG

Yup, you're seeing right, a whopping $4096 for shit I don't want and wasn't listed on their website. When I laughed and told them to pound sand, they said this price was negotiable and maybe we could come to an agreement on it. Of course, I told them nope - if anything, I wanted that shit off and to pay what was listed on their website. They then said if they took a $1000 off, would I be interested like somehow, what I just said didn't register with them. To this, I told them I was done and of course, they've been bugging me ever since with phone calls and text messages. And really, even if they were to give me the price that I wanted, I still wouldn't buy from them if only because of the scam they're pulling. These people are a total joke and I would say to anyone who's interested, AVOID Sacramento Dodge Jeep & Ram or just know, they're gonna stick it to you with shit like this. Here's their website for those of you who want to know more about them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So, in lieu of Disciple Off Road taking advantage of the 15% Off Discount that Jeep is offering on 2023 Gladiators, Cindy and I decided to see what's available and with the idea of maybe buying something we really don't need. And, low and behold, there are some amazing deals that a number of dealerships are offering. In fact, we came across one so good at Sacramento Dodge Jeep & Ram, we decided to go nuts and start the process of making it ours. Needless to say, I asked them to give me an out the door number so that I could have a cashiers check made out and... nothing. I reminded them that my drive out would be 2.5 hours and that I could come out today but needed to know how much I needed to bring and... I finally got a call saying they wanted to talk to me about the numbers. :rolleyes:

Long story short, I was told that there were a few "additional charges" they wanted to go over that I would have seen on the window sticker had I been on their lot. Of course, these charges included an $1800 GPS tracking system that I'd never want, $1300 for something called an Ally Appearance Protect, $600 for an Ally Etch and oh yeah, $400 for nitrogen in the tires LOL

View attachment 399487

Yup, you're seeing right, a whopping $4096 for shit I don't want and wasn't listed on their website. When I laughed and told them to pound sand, they said this price was negotiable and maybe we could come to an agreement on it. Of course, I told them nope - if anything, I wanted that shit off and to pay what was listed on their website. They then said if they took a $1000 off, would I be interested like somehow, what I just said didn't register with them. To this, I told them I was done and of course, they've been bugging me ever since with phone calls and text messages. And really, even if they were to give me the price that I wanted, I still wouldn't buy from them if only because of the scam they're pulling. These people are a total joke and I would say to anyone who's interested, AVOID Sacramento Dodge Jeep & Ram or just know, they're gonna stick it to you with shit like this. Here's their website for those of you who want to know more about them.

Glad I’m not the only one that thinks they suck! Last year we went and looked at a used tahoe they had, was a couple years old and from the pictures looked clean. Super clean really. Scheduled to go look at it in a couple days (mid week scheduled for weekend) and when we got there, salesman was scheduled off. Wtf? Then some other schmuck showed us it, the thing was scratched to hell all over, paint on the hood was completely faded and interior was beat. I laughed at them and walked out. Was a complete waste of time.

Sucks you had a crappy experience too.

Lol, as a car salesman, this is funny. “Dealer added accessories,” or addendums as they call them, are big in California and typically under corporate owned dealers mostly. They are tacked on with the sole purpose of making dealerships more profit in the back end.

Obviously, none of these are obligatory in the contract, and I hate when dealers say it’s negotiable and beat around the bush like it can’t be removed. My dealer has a package like that but we aren't keen on losing customers - so if someone that said something of the like to what you stated in your reply, we are immediately to reply back with “No problem!”

I personally HATE pitching these additional products to customers interested in any of my vehicles as I don’t believe in the practice of offering them so blatantly. While what we offer does have some benefit, out of all the cars I’ve sold nearly none of them retain this package. Now we don’t have anything retarded like nitrogen filled tires, but nonetheless it’s the same concept and it’s unfortunate they exist.

Plus, I’d rather focus on holding the front gross profit on the vehicle anyway, as my commission percentage is larger for the difference between dealer invoice for the car, and its MSRP. I don’t get much off the back end accessories, warranties, etc.

Now the real question is, what were you trying to buy? Lol 😏

Jeeptime

It is sad to have these experiences from Dearlerships. I have walked away from more than few of them. I did find a guy from a recommedation from a friend. I was satisfied with his services.
I once flew to So. CA. to look at an RV a dealer had. I talked with them on the phone, all sounds good with the pricing we agreed on. They did pick me up at the Airport. Got there and they totally changed the price. Was back at the airport in less than hour. Talk about being pissed off.

Makes you wonder why all these Dealerships have such bad reputation, crazy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, as a car salesman, this is funny. “Dealer added accessories,” or addendums as they call them, are big in California and typically under corporate owned dealers mostly. They are tacked on with the sole purpose of making dealerships more profit in the back end.

Obviously, none of these are obligatory in the contract, and I hate when dealers say it’s negotiable and beat around the bush like it can’t be removed. My dealer has a package like that but we aren't keen on losing customers - so if someone that said something of the like to what you stated in your reply, we are immediately to reply back with “No problem!”

I personally HATE pitching these additional products to customers interested in any of my vehicles as I don’t believe in the practice of offering them so blatantly. While what we offer does have some benefit, out of all the cars I’ve sold nearly none of them retain this package. Now we don’t have anything retarded like nitrogen filled tires, but nonetheless it’s the same concept and it’s unfortunate they exist.

Plus, I’d rather focus on holding the front gross profit on the vehicle anyway, as my commission percentage is larger for the difference between dealer invoice for the car, and its MSRP. I don’t get much off the back end accessories, warranties, etc.

Now the real question is, what were you trying to buy? Lol 😏
It's been a really really long time since I've bought anything in California and back then, I knew enough people in the industry that I've NEVER had to deal with this kind of nonsense. I have to say, it was eye opening and really, enough to make me NEVER want to buy anything in that god forsaken state.

As for what we were thinking about buying, a Gladiator Rubicon which was listed for $45k. Hell of a deal until you tack on the additional $5k worth of shit. There are $50k deals everywhere here in Nevada.

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 399487

Ally, biggest "insurance protection" scam ever.

ELO GPS, that's what dealers put on financed cars to unqualified buyers knowing they'll be repossessing soon after and or track the car when stolen off the lot since CA criminals know the cops won't be looking for them.

But that nitro fill, have you any idea how many homeless have to fart in a can to get enough gas to fill a tire?

WJCO

Meme King
What's really funny is that I'm still getting calls and texts from the internet sales director, Jennifer. And now, she's calling the price we were working off of "an estimate" LOL
They always do that shit. Once they've lost the fish, they keep casting the line and use different lure brand names. So frustrating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ally, biggest "insurance protection" scam ever.

ELO GPS, that's what dealers put on financed cars to unqualified buyers knowing they'll be repossessing soon after and or track the car when stolen off the lot since CA criminals know the cops won't be looking for them.

But that nitro fill, have you any idea how many homeless have to fart in a can to get enough gas to fill a tire?
Seriously, total scam!

As far as the ELO GPS bullshit, I was going to pay CASH so I'd want them to take that shit off or pay me to do it myself.

And, way too funny!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They always do that shit. Once they've lost the fish, they keep casting the line and use different lure brand names. So frustrating.
Again, I've always just ordered our Jeeps and so we've never had to deal with this kind of BS. I can't believe this is such a normal thing for so many people. Fuckin thieves.

Wow what a bummer. I'll be the first to tell you I absolutely hate buying cars just because of all the BS that usually goes along with it. Definitely a bummer they tried bulling this crap on you guys. Hope you still have some motivation to keep looking! I mean, you could shop at Visallia and then we can celebrate at the locale brewery after?? haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow what a bummer. I'll be the first to tell you I absolutely hate buying cars just because of all the BS that usually goes along with it. Definitely a bummer they tried bulling this crap on you guys. Hope you still have some motivation to keep looking! I mean, you could shop at Visallia and then we can celebrate at the locale brewery after?? haha
Not gonna lie, if that white one you passed up is still available, I just might have to give them a call LOL

safe to assume you didn’t have to deal with this same BS?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - still getting texts from these clowns! It just kills me that I made no efforts to haggle, was totally willing to pay their advertised price and they still wanted to fuck with me 🤪

Not gonna lie, if that white one you passed up is still available, I just might have to give them a call LOL

safe to assume you didn’t have to deal with this same BS?
I did not and, they didn't even have to tell me about the additional sale the next day and could have made an additional 3K off of me as I was going to get that day. So that spoke volumes for me. And yes, the white one was still there.....

Top Bottom