CJ buggy build

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug

RUBEERCON

I bounced through the pages pretty fast tonight. I didn’t see what powerplant you have chosen. Tons of work in those housings! It’s going to be awesome! What’s your previous builds?

klungly

I bounced through the pages pretty fast tonight. I didn’t see what powerplant you have chosen. Tons of work in those housings! It’s going to be awesome! What’s your previous builds?

It's got a SBC 350 and I'm going to leave it for now, maybe do an LS3 next year. My TJ would be the only build before this one. It was fairly build when I bought it, The rear was already a dana 44, swapped the front for a 44, added arbs, 4.56 gears, long arm kit, KC HIDs, and a rigid light bar. Swapped the NSG370 for an AX15. the NSG was going out and it was 2/3 the cost to swap with a brand new transmission than get the NSG rebuild.

klungly

I love it, I was looking at new G2 44s, any other mods to the axles? Besides the truss on the rear....

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Didn't do too much to the rear, trussed it, put in a detroit locker, 5.38 gears and new seal. The front was trussed with a ram mount. converted to king pin, 2.75 hydraulic ram installed on the mount, high steer arms bolted in, yukon grizzly locker with 5.38 gears.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Helped out with the buggy build today. Worked on making a new rear hoop to tie into the CO hoops and mocked up the new power brake booster. Looking to hopefully pulling the engine when we get back from Moab. IMG_5399.jpg IMG_5400.jpg IMG_5401.jpg IMG_5404.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

klungly

BABOOZLE was a huge help today, getting the lower hoop, figuring out how to mount the brake booster and talking threw the rest of the build. I got some supports made to tie the upper and lower hoops together. My welding helmet doesn't want to auto darken any more. Kinda killed my motivation for the rest of today. I'll pick up a new helmet tomorrow. 20180308_181745.jpg 20180309_190653.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

klungly

Had to make a new support for the engine bay, cut the last oone a little too short. Made the lower B pillar tie in and tacked it in. Figured out how exactly the tubing for the fuel cell needs to be built. Got those bent and one mocked up, just need to notch it. 20180310_224239.jpg 20180310_193005.jpg b pillar tie in 20180310_192957.jpg 20180310_224259.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
BABOOZLE was a huge help today, getting the lower hoop, figuring out how to mount the brake booster and talking threw the rest of the build. I got some supports made to tie the upper and lower hoops together. My welding helmet doesn't want to auto darken any more. Kinda killed my motivation for the rest of today. I'll pick up a new helmet tomorrow. View attachment 295772 View attachment 295773

Yeah not darkening would be a bit of a problem. I'm always afraid of that when striking the arc. I try to look away when I start on the first bead of the day. Put some potato slices over your eyes..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom