Bullwinkle Gladiator Build

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I like it! I’m thinking of putting a CB antenna in place of the radio antenna. I don’t the use am/fm. I have sat radio, my phone and cds for music.
Thanks I’m liking it as well. CB antenna wouldn’t looks too bad but I use my radio when in town so I wouldn’t want a second antenna there. lol But I feel ya on replacing it. Might as well put something you use there in it’s place.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Haven’t been working much so nothing big, but installed a stubby radio antenna. I’m liking the look a lot better.
What antenna is that ray? How is your reception now compared to stock? I had a stubby on my JK and would lose radio all the time. Now I can drive almost 2 hours from my town into Delaware and still get certain stations.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
What antenna is that ray? How is your reception now compared to stock? I had a stubby on my JK and would lose radio all the time. Now I can drive almost 2 hours from my town into Delaware and still get certain stations.
It’s the one Quadratec sells. So far it’s not bad but really too soon to tell. I just installed last night and in my driveway I had no difference. Then again I live in the Central Valley so not many things to block signal. I’ll have to see how it is this weekend when heading up to northern Ca. I’ll get back to you on this.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Update on this: so far it sounds good and have gotten good reception with the antenna going though the mountains. 👍

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Had this rack from Fishbone off-road in storage for a while now. Thought it would be good to finally install.
Not sure if I’ll keep it or not. Only issue I’m thinking with this rack would be spare tire placement and all the camping gear. I’ll mess with it when the time comes. In the mean time I think it looks good and will serve its purpose.

Attachments

• 5293183A-8067-4D2A-9F19-D5A035936DC4.jpeg
    5293183A-8067-4D2A-9F19-D5A035936DC4.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 1C803F0B-A6F4-44EB-BC30-458C1C918E1E.jpeg
    1C803F0B-A6F4-44EB-BC30-458C1C918E1E.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 29

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had this rack from Fishbone off-road in storage for a while now. Thought it would be good to finally install.
Not sure if I’ll keep it or not. Only issue I’m thinking with this rack would be spare tire placement and all the camping gear. I’ll mess with it when the time comes. In the mean time I think it looks good and will serve its purpose.
That actually looks really nice!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looks good. Have you decided on what lift your going with yet.
Thanks! I’m thinking of going with the 2.5 inch lift from EVO. Originally wanted 4.5 but thinking that’s going to be too tall. The 2.5 will be perfect for what I do with my Jeep. Going to go with 37s as well.
That actually looks really nice!
Thanks! I’m liking it too. Now just need to buy some rotopax mounts for it. 😎

WJCO

Meme King
I just now realized you changed your screen name. And love the "Team America" sticker.

Dale72

Hooked
Thanks! I’m thinking of going with the 2.5 inch lift from EVO. Originally wanted 4.5 but thinking that’s going to be too tall. The 2.5 will be perfect for what I do with my Jeep. Going to go with 37s as well.
Thanks! I’m liking it too. Now just need to buy some rotopax mounts for it. 😎
I'm going to bump up to the 4.5 from EVO. I just ordered the front and rear springs. I'll probably order the front king shocks in a couple months then wait about another 2 months and order the rear shocks. I haven't decided yet if I'll go to 37's or 38's but I have time to decide which one. Going to wait until the 35's wear out

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I'm going to bump up to the 4.5 from EVO. I just ordered the front and rear springs. I'll probably order the front king shocks in a couple months then wait about another 2 months and order the rear shocks. I haven't decided yet if I'll go to 37's or 38's but I have time to decide which one. Going to wait until the 35's wear out
Yea the biggest thing for me when I decided to go 37s instead of 38s was the price. I would be paying an extra $100 for just an inch. Not something I wanted to do even if it looked good. lol

Dale72

Hooked
Yea the biggest thing for me when I decided to go 37s instead of 38s was the price. I would be paying an extra $100 for just an inch. Not something I wanted to do even if it looked good. lol
Yeah I hear ya. Since it's going to be the end of next year before I'll end up getting a new set of tires. I'll just wait and see

Top Bottom