Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of the whole "stand on the X" or 6 feet apart bullshit, and yes, BULLSHIT because it ONLY WORKS FRONT TO BACK. When you walk down an isle at the store, you always pass a hell of a lot closer to a person than that. But, I digress. Anyway, I was at the hardware store the other day to get some plumbing stuff. I went there as opposed to Home Depot because they don't make you wait in a fuckin long ass line to get in. Place was packed to the hilt and what I was needing, some PVC primer and cement was on an end cap in between isles. So there I was, waiting on an old guy wearing a mask and gloves for what seemed like forever because he couldn't figure out what the fuck he wanted. Being that I have shit to get done, I stepped in closer than 6 feet and grabbed what I needed. As I did, the old fucker literally jumped away and glared at me as I did.

What's sad is that it didn't used to be like this in my town. What I always loved about home is how friendly everyone used to be. How everyone was so eager to smile big and talk to you about whatever. Now, if you're not wearing a fuckin mask, you're evil and just want people to die and even if they were telling me to fuck off, I can't understand what the fuck they're saying.

On a more positive note, everyone at our local farm and ranch store still seemed pretty normal and our local carniceria, you wouldn't ever know anything was even going on.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Speaking of the whole "stand on the X" or 6 feet apart bullshit, and yes, BULLSHIT because it ONLY WORKS FRONT TO BACK. When you walk down an isle at the store, you always pass a hell of a lot closer to a person than that. But, I digress. Anyway, I was at the hardware store the other day to get some plumbing stuff. I went there as opposed to Home Depot because they don't make you wait in a fuckin long ass line to get in. Place was packed to the hilt and what I was needing, some PVC primer and cement was on an end cap in between isles. So there I was, waiting on an old guy wearing a mask and gloves for what seemed like forever because he couldn't figure out what the fuck he wanted. Being that I have shit to get done, I stepped in closer than 6 feet and grabbed what I needed. As I did, the old fucker literally jumped away and glared at me as I did.

What's sad is that it didn't used to be like this in my town. What I always loved about home is how friendly everyone used to be. How everyone was so eager to smile big and talk to you about whatever. Now, if you're not wearing a fuckin mask, you're evil and just want people to die and even if they were telling me to fuck off, I can't understand what the fuck they're saying.

On a more positive note, everyone at our local farm and ranch store still seemed pretty normal and our local carniceria, you wouldn't ever know anything was even going on.

It’s so ridiculous how people are starting to treat each other. At my work, you can barely tell anything is going on and we interact with contractors all day. Whenever I go to the store, complete different scenario... nobody wants anything to do with you. Like you said, if you’re not wearing a mask or too close, you get a nasty glare.

littlebeas

*SIGH* Guess you missed the part about how this came one the heels of Michelle Obama telling people to stay at home :naw:

I guess I did miss that part, along with part where husbands and wives always agree and say the same thing. It’s been a while but I forgot, Brown man bad, my mistake.

EXACTLY!! Just because you can play golf in Indiana doesn't mean you can in other states and because of bullshit government overreach.

According to GCSAA golf courses are open in 36 states with over half (approx 57%) of golf courses in the country are open. If you want to talk about government overreach I couldn’t agree any more. It keeps getting worse and accelerated rapidly ever since the damn patriot act. It is going to keep happening as long as Americans care more about their “team” winning than preserving the freedoms bled for and given to us. This stuff gets easier every time no matter who is in charge. I fear for my country.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
According to GCSAA golf courses are open in 36 states with over half (approx 57%) of golf courses in the country are open. If you want to talk about government overreach I couldn’t agree any more. It keeps getting worse and accelerated rapidly ever since the damn patriot act. It is going to keep happening as long as Americans care more about their “team” winning than preserving the freedoms bled for and given to us. This stuff gets easier every time no matter who is in charge. I fear for my country.

Regardless or political party or philosophy, we're all supposed to be on the same team. Unfortunately EVERYTHING is polarized now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, this is a photo that I took at my local Costco just before they started regulating how many people could be in the store. As you can see, it’s a fuckin ghost town just like it always is and has been for years! Cindy and I always worried that it would close if more people didn’t start shopping there. In spite of this, we are now being told that masks will be required if we want to keep shopping there. Now, I get this is a “corporate” thing but their one size fits all policy really doesn’t seem to fit here. I could say the same thing about our government.

IMG_1800.JPG

littlebeas

So, this is a photo that I took at my local Costco just before they started regulating how many people could be in the store. As you can see, it’s a fuckin ghost town just like it always is and has been for years! Cindy and I always worried that it would close if more people didn’t start shopping there. In spite of this, we are now being told that masks will be required if we want to keep shopping there. Now, I get this is a “corporate” thing but their one size fits all policy really doesn’t seem to fit here. I could say the same thing about our government.

View attachment 346454

I think you’re dead right, using a broadsword when a scalpel is what’s needed

WJCO

Meme King
Our golf courses opened a few days ago, however if I want to go solo hiking on a trail without another soul in sight, it's against the law because it's more than 10 miles from my house. Government Hypocrites.

Whether you like Trump or not, I guarantee if ANY other person said the exact same thing about the light and the chemicals, not a single media person would have even noticed that it was said or how he defended the statement later.
Just look at how little talk there is in regards to Biden vs how they crucified Kavanaugh on the sexual assault allegations.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, fuck the patriot act and honestly, the only team I care about is America. Also, 36 states is a far cry from 50 and really, my only point was how hypocritical it was for people in the ruling class to tell others to stay at home while they go out to play.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unlike Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and Susan Wojcicki, Elon Musk is actually railing against the bullshit going on. Of the few tech billionaires doing so if not the only one that I know of.

Arggh. Does that mean I actually have to like the guy now?!? I am glad he had the stones to say it like it is.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Some of my thoughts from an email I recently sent to my mom in response to her belief that I am being unkind to the general population by refusing to wear a mask in public. Perhaps they will make some of you thoughtfully consider your own actions. Honestly, I don't really care if you wear a mask so long as you don't tell me I have to. But, if you don't wear one in public for the rest of your life, you are intellectually dishonest.

You wear a mask “to protect other people.” Respectfully, your emotional arguments based on altruism are defeated by your own behavior. Why do you drive? You are far more likely to kill someone because you lost concentration for a minute on the road than you are to kill someone because you transmitted Covid to them. Yet, everyday, you take that risk and get in your car (at least you did before this Covid mess started). Where is your altruism with respect to the risk you (not just you, but everyone) create for society by driving?

Why didn’t you wear a mask before all of this? Do you not think that you have ever had the flu and infected someone else? Do you not think that you could have possibly killed someone by doing so? What about strep throat? What about the common cold? You do realize that all of those things can and do kill people, right? Yet, you never previously wore a mask in public. Where is your altruism with respect to all of the other viruses and bacteria that you picked up every day of your life up until this point, and routinely spread to throngs of people...some of whom may have died and you didn’t even know it.

I presume that since you now recognize humans, including you, are vectors of disease and hosts for viruses that can kill people...you will now be wearing a mask around other people for the rest of your life. After all, that is both altruistic and self-protective...not just with respect to Covid, but also with respect to the thousands of other viruses than you can catch and give (asymptomatically or otherwise) to other people. Is it really still altruism if you only wear a mask for Covid since you think it is much more deadly but you don’t wear a mask for other viruses that absolutely also kill people? Is it more altruistic to protect someone from Covid than it is to protect someone from the flu?

If you don’t wear a mask for the rest of your life, you are saying that it only matters if you spread certain viruses and only the people who die from those chosen viruses matter. You understand that, right?

Last edited:

littlebeas

Arggh. Does that mean I actually have to like the guy now?!? I am glad he had the stones to say it like it is.

Makes sense though, he is one of the only tech billionaires that actually has any manufacturing... ie connection to the real world

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some of my thoughts from an email I recently sent to my motion in response to belief that I am being unkind to the general population by refusing to wear a mask in public. Perhaps they will make some of you thoughtfully consider your own actions. Honestly, I don't really care if you wear a mask so long as you don't tell me I have to. But, if you don't wear one in public for the rest of your life, you are intellectually dishonest.

You wear a mask “to protect other people.” Respectfully, your emotional arguments based on altruism are defeated by your own behavior. Why do you drive? You are far more likely to kill someone because you lost concentration for a minute on the road than you are to kill someone because you transmitted Covid to them. Yet, everyday, you take that risk and get in your car (at least you did before this Covid mess started). Where is your altruism with respect to the risk you (not just you, but everyone) create for society by driving?

Why didn’t you wear a mask before all of this? Do you not think that you have ever had the flu and infected someone else? Do you not think that you could have possibly killed someone by doing so? What about strep throat? What about the common cold? You do realize that all of those things can and do kill people, right? Yet, you never previously wore a mask in public. Where is your altruism with respect to all of the other viruses and bacteria that you picked up every day of your life up until this point, and routinely spread to throngs of people...some of whom may have died and you didn’t even know it.

I presume that since you now recognize humans, including you, are vectors of disease and hosts for viruses that can kill people...you will now be wearing a mask around other people for the rest of your life. After all, that is both altruistic and self-protective...not just with respect to Covid, but also with respect to the thousands of other viruses than you can catch and give (asymptomatically or otherwise) to other people. Is it really still altruism if you only wear a mask for Covid since you think it is much more deadly but you don’t wear a mask for other viruses that absolutely also kill people? Is it more altruistic to protect someone from Covid than it is to protect someone from the flu?

If you don’t wear a mask for the rest of your life, you are saying that it only matters if you spread certain viruses and only the people who die from those chosen viruses matter. You understand that, right?

Well said my friend, well said! :rock:

Elroy231

Some of my thoughts from an email I recently sent to my motion in response to belief that I am being unkind to the general population by refusing to wear a mask in public. Perhaps they will make some of you thoughtfully consider your own actions. Honestly, I don't really care if you wear a mask so long as you don't tell me I have to. But, if you don't wear one in public for the rest of your life, you are intellectually dishonest.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Some of my thoughts from an email I recently sent to my mom in response to her belief that I am being unkind to the general population by refusing to wear a mask in public. Perhaps they will make some of you thoughtfully consider your own actions. Honestly, I don't really care if you wear a mask so long as you don't tell me I have to. But, if you don't wear one in public for the rest of your life, you are intellectually dishonest.

My thoughts exactly. At work were supposed to be wearing masks if we are riding in the fire engine together, marine directive. Never mind that for 48 hours we eat, sleep, shit and shower in the same building together...:crazyeyes:

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom