A Dirt Head's JK

JWasko

Caught the Bug
I do have enough extensions to get it out past the Jeep. I’ll have to give that a go next time.

Boosthead

How are you liking the Ranchos after putting some more miles on them? You're running JKS 2.5" springs, not their complete lift?

How are you liking the Ranchos after putting some more miles on them? You're running JKS 2.5" springs, not their complete lift?
Honestly, for their price point they are great. Still liking them for now. They feel close to stock and gave me more travel which is really all I wanted since I previously ran the stocks with extensions.

At the time I was tight on my budget and got the entry level JKS kit which had springs, rear track bar relocation bracket, and their quick discos. So far I've only liked the performance of the springs, the disconnects have seized and corroded almost to where they shouldn't be used in just a little over a year's time.

Boosthead

I had a bad experience with JKS discos and took them off. I have used other JKS parts that have been great.

I've considered the Rancho 5000x's. Both Fox and Eibach shocks could do a better job of absorbing sharp impacts on my 2dr JK but otherwise handle great on and off road. Metalcloak Rocksports rode like a Cadillac but also handled like one :) Current OME's are pretty good but I think I prefer the Rocksports. Then again, I should probably bypass the Ranchos and go with a tuned shock.

Anyways, good luck. I've enjoyed following your build and adventures which are closer to achievable for many of us.

I had a bad experience with JKS discos and took them off. I have used other JKS parts that have been great.

I've considered the Rancho 5000x's. Both Fox and Eibach shocks could do a better job of absorbing sharp impacts on my 2dr JK but otherwise handle great on and off road. Metalcloak Rocksports rode like a Cadillac but also handled like one :) Current OME's are pretty good but I think I prefer the Rocksports. Then again, I should probably bypass the Ranchos and go with a tuned shock.

Anyways, good luck. I've enjoyed following your build and adventures which are closer to achievable for many of us.
Ride quality is 100% subjective too, but anyhow I'm glad I can provide insight to other 2 door owners 👍

Few updates on the Jeep:

PSX_20230221_125303.jpg
Closer look at the tail lights from my previous build update...

PSX_20230221_125453.jpg
A cool little first aid kit I got for Christmas, doubles as a convenient mount for my Baofeng...

PSX_20230221_125328.jpg
Synergy Rear Trackbar...

PSX_20230221_125356.jpg
Synergy Front Trackbar...

PSX_20230221_125435.jpg
And my Jeep's current issue. A blown drag link TRE bushing at the pitman arm, causing it to have play side to side. Ordered a new end this past weekend, and gonna upgrade to a whole Synergy Drag Link at some point.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Few updates on the Jeep:

View attachment 385231
Closer look at the tail lights from my previous build update...

View attachment 385235
A cool little first aid kit I got for Christmas, doubles as a convenient mount for my Baofeng...

View attachment 385232
Synergy Rear Trackbar...

View attachment 385233
Synergy Front Trackbar...

View attachment 385234
And my Jeep's current issue. A blown drag link TRE bushing at the pitman arm, causing it to have play side to side. Ordered a new end this past weekend, and gonna upgrade to a whole Synergy Drag Link at some point.
Nicely done! (y)

Top Bottom