A Dirt Head's JK

My brother got me this awesome flashlight for Christmas and I ordered Quadratec's flashlight mount for it, just drilled two holes into the plastic trim on the driver seat. Another good thing to have on board.

PSX_20230111_222450.jpg

I also received the Wayalife windshield decal today and holy cow, got it within 48 hours of ordering! Damn Eddie you drive it out here yourself? Lol, excited to slap it on when it's dry out tomorrow.

Got the arms in and the install went pretty smoothly. Just supported the Jeep on jack stands while using a floor jack to lift and/or lower the axle as much as needed to line up the longer arms - which I measured out for 5⁰ of caster. (2.5" Lift)

The ride has already noticeably improved, no more pulling/wandering, still need to take it off road to ensure my front springs stay in their lower seat after a good beating, because if you were on the New Year's run you may have seen me kick my spring back into place when we stopped at the Double Negative... Lol.

Curious to see how these hold up, and another big thanks to @Sylvester for hooking me up with these 👍

PSX_20230121_211129.jpg

Sylvester

Got the arms in and the install went pretty smoothly. Just supported the Jeep on jack stands while using a floor jack to lift and/or lower the axle as much as needed to line up the longer arms - which I measured out for 5⁰ of caster. (2.5" Lift)

The ride has already noticeably improved, no more pulling/wandering, still need to take it off road to ensure my front springs stay in their lower seat after a good beating, because if you were on the New Year's run you may have seen me kick my spring back into place when we stopped at the Double Negative... Lol.

Curious to see how these hold up, and another big thanks to @Sylvester for hooking me up with these 👍

View attachment 384150
Glad I could Help

Hell ya bro.

Well, after installing the control arms - and while it improved my ride and perfected my driveshaft angle - it seems now my rear track bar (stock with an extension bracket) is hitting my lower bump stop when I go over harsher bumps. So, this is a better time than ever to get some adjustable track bars. Ordering up Synergy's Front and Rear today 👍

JWasko

Caught the Bug
Are the adjustable LCA’s torqued to the same specs as stock? Even after hammering them on with an impact, 190ft lbs is almost too much for my chicken leg arms.

Are the adjustable LCA’s torqued to the same specs as stock? Even after hammering them on with an impact, 190ft lbs is almost too much for my chicken leg arms.
Yes. Also I'm 19 and weigh less than 150lbs, and have torqued assemblies at work up to 443 ft/lbs. It's all about the wrench, leverage, and use of body weight rather than sheer arm strength.

Top Bottom