6.2L Gen V LT Gladiator - Would You be Interested?

This is a really great and informative thread - but since nothing like that is happening for me anytime soon - Yup, I'd love one. Lol

ScoobyCarolanNC

So I’m reading through this thread and that “70% electrified” fact kept ringing in my ears. I’ve already seen a few 4xes in NC around the beaches. The vast, vast majority of wrangler owners are never gonna lift it. We’re already the minority, looking to get real performance out of the package. We’re also the ones that are more likely to own and not lease as well as keep the Jeep past 3 years. They need to keep us a little happy, but the real market is hipster millennials who need to express their “rugged individuality” and “commitment to the planet’s future” (aka virtue signal) to keep leasing new vehicles.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Oh! My other point now that I vented. There HAS to be someone tearing down a 392 right now figuring out every Mopar part number needed, so it can become super easy.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
If the integration of the GM motor was was made to be seemless like the Hemi swap is I would be interested, that being said Im really considering a Hemi swap next year.

I honestly think all the talk of going EV is just talk, I do not think the stock holders will be happy when Jeep loses 70% of their business due to someones decision to build vehicles that Jeep buyers do not want.
An interesting perspective, especially if Jeep were predominantly Wrangler-focused. An electric Wrangler, well off the grid somewhere, certainly wouldn't be appealing.

However, looking at '19 number, about 200K of the 923K Jeeps sold, were Wranglers. They can easily electrify a large portion of the fleet and never touch Wranglers (which they will be). Besides, 'electrify' does not necessarily equate to 'battery only.'

Copper Head

Kim and I just did a Gm swap in our CJ with the SM 465 trans and love the power and torq but for our JL we will leave the Pentastar alone for now. But if asked I would do the LS swap over Mopar every time. with the Texas heat, we have never had a cooling issue with our GM power.

Attachments

• Two Jeeps and a Scout.jpg
    Two Jeeps and a Scout.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 7

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I love having an LS in my JKU, tons of fun. When I went to buy a JT I knew it's first job would be a "commuter", but it would see plenty of off road time, then probably built into a crawler. So I waited for the 3.0l, and love it. Would I trade it for an LT? No, it's got plenty of torque and power with great MPG's. I took the JK out camping and wheeling and the closest gas station had premium at $5.29/g. My JKU gets decent MPG's for running 42's but it still made me cringe when I saw the price of premium over diesel.

Top Bottom